Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
(January 16, 2018 at 4:25 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(January 16, 2018 at 4:18 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I messages.  Be verbal about what you want.  Don't be a used car salesman looking to close the deal.  Really listen for what she wants.  If she doesn't want it, do you still want it?  Not me.

Make her own her own desires.  A little awkwardness in the beginning will get you somewhere better in the end.

I think that some of us realize that sooner than others after the intial blundering puberty phase.  Get her to take you home, get her to be overtly filthy about what -she- wants, make her work for it...exuberantly, lol.  The other poor suckers will go home alone and wonder what kind of next level game you run in private.  

Wink

Yep it's more fun and more empowering for both parties.
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
(January 16, 2018 at 2:54 pm)Shell B Wrote: Here's the thing, gross chicks are going to do the same things to guys.

The real problem is that you can't change that system unless you start to call unsolicited kisses sexual assault. That's literally how humans initiate sexual encounters. You go in for the kiss and see what happens. If it works, you take it a step further, as Aziz did, and keep going until you hit a dead end. Both women and men have to be clear about the dead end. And, yes, people are going to kiss you (or try to kiss you) sometimes. It's going to be gross, but it's not illegal and shouldn't be because, well, slippery ass slope.

If the woman literally gets fucked over, she's been raped. That's already illegal.

Is it not PC to expect women to take any responsibility for themselves? Have we flipped completely over to the idea that women are helpless and instead of treating them as the wife-beaters of old did, we now treat them like children who can't possibly navigate the icky world of dating? I, for one, don't like the idea that I'm a voiceless victim in every encounter any more than I like the idea that I'm inferior and need to be punished. This doesn't help women, and it's definitely going to hurt men.

In all my life, I’ve only ever had one guy ask to kiss me before he did it.  I thought it was kind of adorable, but I didn’t consider it necessary in the moment, lol.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(January 16, 2018 at 4:26 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I think it's an interesting observation that most of the women in this thread seem to questioning the accusations (as it pertains the actions being assault) while most of the men seem to be fine with labeling Aziz as guilty / a rapist.

I have to confess, I haven't gone to the link and have just been addressing people's comments.  Aziz isn't here to talk to, so I'm more interested in what the people here think.  I don't really care who is guilty.
I just think he's a creeper, on the basis of the narrative.  I didn't see any denials of the particulars of the event..only the notion that everything "seemed fine" to Ansari.

Everything was obviously not fine or going well.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 16, 2018 at 4:26 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I think it's an interesting observation that most of the women in this thread seem to questioning the accusations (as it pertains the actions being assault) while most of the men seem to be fine with labeling Aziz as guilty / a rapist.

I noticed this as well. Wonder why that is?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 16, 2018 at 4:19 pm)wallym Wrote: I think once you introduce the weird power dynamic stuff, in this case shoving your fingers down her throat, that's not something you can assume you have consent for because she got naked.

Yep, you find out about deviations from standard vanilla sex by trying and seeing if it's accepted. The woman says that he put his fingers in her mouth repeatedly - i.e. she's letting him do it. Why wouldn't he think things were going OK?
(January 16, 2018 at 4:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:

I noticed this as well. Wonder why that is?

I think the semantics over it being 'assault' is a distraction.  I think the issue is whether it's a problem and how to deal with it, which I don't think the divide is as big.  Where I see the difference is Shell B wanting women to chiefly be responsible, and others wanting the responsibility to be shared more?  So for all the back and forth, I don't think anyone is too far apart in the end.
I don’t want sex, if it goes like this:
Person A: I want to have sex with you. Do you consent?
Person B: I consent. Where do I sign?

I want it to build up to the moment. Don’t want the sex? Say something. Refuse. Don’t give the dude oral sex and expect him to get the hint. Already did it and want to stop? Say it. Say you’re done. Make it clear. Women have a voice and we can use it. If we’re clear enough and they still push back, then there’s no doubt. It’s assault. If we go down this path, we’ll be needing consent forms. No, thanks.

I’m not blaming the girl, btw. I just fail to see how this dude is a predator.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

They'll say it's because society trained us that way. We lack agency, you see.

Khem, I know that this cut and dry shit isn't easy for other people. That doesn't mean that isn't the status quo we should be aiming toward. I don't want the status quo to be that all men are considered rapists until they prove constant enthusiastic consent.
(January 16, 2018 at 4:41 pm)J a c k Wrote: I’m not blaming the girl, btw. I just fail to see how this dude is a predator.

He chased a girl around the house applying the claw and asking her where she wanted to be fucked until she..by her own account, just lost her damned mind and blew him, lol.  That's how.  There's a fair bit of leeway between predatory behavior and what can get you collared for a rape.  

Do the ladies not know this?  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  45 gets 34... Ravenshire 45 562 Yesterday at 11:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 884 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  It doesn't matter what you think Pope. Brian37 21 1449 April 5, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1833 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1037 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1525 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Thumbs Up Last Non-winter onlinebiker 110 5025 April 6, 2020 at 4:12 am
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 776 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2757 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 575 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope