Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
Nope. The whole thing -started- with a blowjob, too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Aziz Ansari Doesn't Pick Up On "Non-Verbal Cues" and Gets Treated Like A Rapist
(January 16, 2018 at 12:14 pm)Mermaid Wrote:
(January 16, 2018 at 12:12 pm)alpha male Wrote: I was replying to pool's point on non-verbal communication. In that context, yes, she consented.

Are you sure she consented? 

Are you saying that allowing someone to take off your clothes is consent to have sex?

It's consent if you don't say "no" or "stop".

The alternative is constantly saying "You may have sex with me now" before sex and then "don't stop" constantly during the sex.
(January 18, 2018 at 12:19 am)Joods Wrote:
(January 17, 2018 at 11:19 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Didn't you take a powder last year in part because that same first question was asked of you? Forgive me if I'm not remembering that correctly, but it seemed terribly upsetting to you at that time.

Unlike Grace, I was actually raped. The person responsible threatened my life and the life of my child. To those who think I don't know the difference - I do. Very much so. The person who raped me wasn't a celebrity. The person who raped me was someone whom I thought I could trust because unlike Grace, I knew this person. 

Oh - and unlike Grace, I never went to a reporter to get my story out

You'll remember that I was vociferous in sticking up for you about that issue. My point in my reply earlier tonight was not that the alleged crimes were of equal gravity, but that dismissing her report for not going to police doesn't impugn her any more than you not going to police impugns your report. Of course I know the difference between the allegations; I'm asking why you find acceptable what was heretofore obnoxious to you.

(January 18, 2018 at 12:19 am)Joods Wrote: Exactly. But nice of people to bring up my actual rape and compare it to this. Like, what the actual fuck.

Except, you know, no one has done that.

@Ham

I don't think that silence is taken to be consent..but she wasn't silent, so? I don't really see the slippery slope there as being all that credible either. No one is insisting that he should have waited for her to consent constantly, only that he doesn't seem to have stopped the first time, or the second time, or he third time....that she expressed her desire not to continue. He drove over those objections, like a common teenager, trying to fingerbang sally rottencrotch under the prom bleachers.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 18, 2018 at 12:31 am)Joods Wrote: Same goes for your boyfriend who couldn't even get the facts straight about my past either. 

Actually, you're busy misunderstanding what I asked. Deliberately? I'm not sure. <shrugs>

I apparently got the facts straight because ... get this ... you didn't deny my characterization of the events in that thread.

(January 16, 2018 at 2:16 pm)Shell B Wrote: If my husband said he was uncomfortable, I would assume he meant with how things were currently going. Switching gears to maybe oral seems like a natural thing to do. He would have to say, "I'm not in the mood for anything" for me to take that as his meaning. I guess I'm a sexual predator.

This. The point of saying "no" is to make it very clear and specific.
(January 18, 2018 at 12:37 am)Joods Wrote: I wonder at what point in the conversation with her friends did it become a priority to get it out in the news and let the court of public opinion hang this guy, versus going to the police to have charges pressed.

Probably when he posed, hypocritically imo, as a "#metoo" kinda guy.

As for going to the police, we know that doesn't happen in many of these cases. Does that mean they never happened?

(January 18, 2018 at 2:05 am)Hammy Wrote: This. The point of saying "no" is to make it very clear and specific.
Specific, and clear.....okay.
Quote:Grace says she spent around five minutes in the bathroom, collecting herself in the mirror and splashing herself with water. Then she went back to Ansari. He asked her if she was okay. “I said I don’t want to feel forced because then I’ll hate you, and I’d rather not hate you,” she said.

She told babe that at first, she was happy with how he reacted. “He said, ‘Oh, of course, it’s only fun if we’re both having fun.’ The response was technically very sweet and acknowledging the fact that I was very uncomfortable. Verbally, in that moment, he acknowledged that I needed to take it slow. Then he said, ‘Let’s just chill over here on the couch.’”
Was that the end of the evening?  Nope. Just the beginning of round 2.
(January 16, 2018 at 3:33 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(January 16, 2018 at 3:11 pm)Whateverist Wrote: And did he ask before he started undressing her?

Probably not. Most people don't. Most women would probably find it odd and awkward if a man explicitly asked for permission for every step on the way to intercourse.

It would completely kill the whole mood and make sex impossible altogether.
Maybe for a mere mortal like you or I, but I bet Aziz Ansari could hold his wood.  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  45 gets 34... Ravenshire 56 2801 June 6, 2024 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 1121 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  It doesn't matter what you think Pope. Brian37 21 1766 April 5, 2021 at 9:26 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 2264 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1250 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1847 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Thumbs Up Last Non-winter onlinebiker 110 6444 April 6, 2020 at 4:12 am
  BREAKING:The exclusion of the UK and non-Schengen countries like Ireland from the ban WinterHold 6 858 March 14, 2020 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 3232 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 665 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope