Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 3:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long did Jesus spend in Hell?
RE: How long did Jesus spend in Hell?
(February 3, 2018 at 6:00 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(February 3, 2018 at 1:38 am)Godscreated Wrote: Really, inconvenienced. You have no idea what you're saying and like I said it didn't change the math. Jesus was buried on Friday afternoon, after sunset it was Saturday until sunset on Saturday, then it became Sunday and He rose on Sunday morning. So you're right the days didn't change and I didn't say they changed, it's the time they changed is what I was getting at, the Jewish calendar is a lunar calendar.

GC
Sure, you didn't change the days. You simply threw down the notion of a jewish calendar as though that made the slightest difference. If you now acknowledge that the calendar in use was irrelevant, why did you bring it up in the first place?

Because the poster didn't realize the Jewish calendar was being used nor did the poster realize it was a lunar calendar, I meant nothing more than that, hoping the poster might try and get the facts straight before posting. The way the poster stated the days was wrong and I wanted to set the thing straight. I stated that his math was still correct what more could I have done.  

Abaddon_ire Wrote:The fact is that the biblical account is rife with BS. Romans did not allow for such hasty burial. Jews did not allow for such hasty burial. Three days and nights is baloney according to the bible. And who exactly was present at the empty tomb? The bible cannot agree with itself. Of course jebus, being god, knew all of this in advance, he was the Obi Wan Kenobi of christianity... "If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine". Yup even Star Wars lampoons christianity.

Now how much more childish will you get, if you can't respect Christians and spell Jesus name correctly why should I take you seriously. You have shown how little you know about the Bible and the history of the Jewish people.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I didn't get anything wrong.
(February 4, 2018 at 5:16 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(February 3, 2018 at 6:00 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Sure, you didn't change the days. You simply threw down the notion of a jewish calendar as though that made the slightest difference. If you now acknowledge that the calendar in use was irrelevant, why did you bring it up in the first place?

Because the poster didn't realize the Jewish calendar was being used nor did the poster realize it was a lunar calendar, I meant nothing more than that, hoping the poster might try and get the facts straight before posting. The way the poster stated the days was wrong and I wanted to set the thing straight. I stated that his math was still correct what more could I have done.  
Nope. You tossed that calendar nonsense to distract from the fact the fact that jebus was not three days on the cross, that was a later addition to attempt to pretend that earlier prophecy was fulilled.

Abaddon_ire Wrote:The fact is that the biblical account is rife with BS. Romans did not allow for such hasty burial. Jews did not allow for such hasty burial. Three days and nights is baloney according to the bible. And who exactly was present at the empty tomb? The bible cannot agree with itself. Of course jebus, being god, knew all of this in advance, he was the Obi Wan Kenobi of christianity... "If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine". Yup even Star Wars lampoons christianity.

Now how much more childish will you get, if you can't respect Christians and spell Jesus name correctly why should I take you seriously. You have shown how little you know about the Bible and the history of the Jewish people.

GC
Nope, it simply is not possible to give insult to a figure of poorly written fiction. Why should I have any respect at all for him/her/it/housecat? None of it is real.
(January 30, 2018 at 10:03 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Three days" is the reflexive answer, but let's do the math. 

He was taken down from the cross at sundown, IIRC. So that's, let's say, 6 PM, or .25 days.

He wasn't seen from that point through Saturday. Give him all of Saturday, midnight to midnight. That adds up to 1.25 days.

He wasn't in the tomb when the ladies came on Sunday morning. So another .25 days. That's 1.5 days.

Well, you know, Gawd, the bible isn't a science book or a math book. We have to forgive god if he gets those things wrong. The writers were only divinely inspired when they wrote about salvation. My basic arithmetics may be faulty, but you can trust my calculus.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(February 4, 2018 at 7:51 am)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(January 30, 2018 at 10:03 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: "Three days" is the reflexive answer, but let's do the math. 

He was taken down from the cross at sundown, IIRC. So that's, let's say, 6 PM, or .25 days.

He wasn't seen from that point through Saturday. Give him all of Saturday, midnight to midnight. That adds up to 1.25 days.

He wasn't in the tomb when the ladies came on Sunday morning. So another .25 days. That's 1.5 days.

Well, you know, Gawd, the bible isn't a science book or a math book. We have to forgive god if he gets those things wrong. The writers were only divinely inspired when they wrote about salvation.  My basic arithmetics may be faulty, but you can trust my calculus.

But how's your string theory?  Tongue
(January 30, 2018 at 11:44 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(January 30, 2018 at 11:19 am)Minimalist Wrote: There is no hell and there was no jesus.

No Hell? You've never had to change planes in Atlanta.

Wait until they decide to put the city out to sea.

(February 2, 2018 at 9:10 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 2, 2018 at 8:59 am)Chad32 Wrote: Somehow I just imagine Jesus and Lucifer sitting on the couch for a weekend, and Lucifer's like 

"So you're the new fall guy? Welcome to the club."

Not sure he'd get a lot of kicks out of torturing a guy who had already been tortured to death after begging his other half not to let it happen. Odds are good that if he did torture Jesus in hell, it was Yahweh who told him to do it.

The point could be made that everything Satan did/does is with the permission of God.

Not with the permission of, but at the command of. The biblical Satan is yhwh's most loyal and obedient servant, and yhwh treats him like shit.

But then again yhwh/god has all the traits of an abusive spouse.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(February 3, 2018 at 6:00 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Sure, you didn't change the days. You simply threw down the notion of a jewish calendar as though that made the slightest difference. If you now acknowledge that the calendar in use was irrelevant, why did you bring it up in the first place?

GC

How about because we don't give a flying fuck about any of your silliness?
Title of the topic is misleading because Jesus was not supposed to be in Hell but in ground and 1st post is about that. So how long was Jesus under ground? Jesus did say to the thief "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." - so he was maybe in the ground for 5 minutes?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(February 4, 2018 at 2:33 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Title of the topic is misleading because Jesus was not supposed to be in Hell but in ground and 1st post is about that. So how long was Jesus under ground? Jesus did say to the thief "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise." - so he was maybe in the ground for 5 minutes?

Why the fuck you trying to rewrite my OP?
Gotta go with Scripture.

Appreciate definitive answer.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 23407 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 5364 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Silver
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 7323 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus decompose? Natachan 77 7567 March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 9961 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Exclamation Christianity is Dead, Long live the rEvolution! Bow Before Zeus 77 16381 December 26, 2017 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How long will Christians wait for Jesus? Fake Messiah 150 35870 February 24, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Did Jesus Christ ever tell a joke ? The Wise Joker 12 3053 January 31, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 28725 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 3101 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah