Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:19 pm

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
This WOULD be a deal breaker for me in terms of pursuing a romantic relationship
66.67%
20 66.67%
This would NOT be a deal breaker for me in terms of pursuing a romantic relationship
33.33%
10 33.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the heterosexual men of AF
RE: Question for the heterosexual men of AF
(March 23, 2018 at 1:45 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: I think I remember where this "beef" if you will between Hammy and Cap'n first started but I probably shouldn't dredge it up.

The fallacy thread?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(March 23, 2018 at 1:47 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Are we talking about ghost dicks giving people the heebee-jeebees at this point?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP Q explicitly states that they don't have a dick?

LOL Ghost Dicks! Wish I could double kudos that just because of how awesomely funny it is!
(March 23, 2018 at 1:47 pm)Shell B Wrote: I think CA and I have probably debated before as well. I've also totally agreed with him. People are multifaceted.

(March 23, 2018 at 1:47 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Are we talking about ghost dicks giving people the heebee-jeebees at this point?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP Q explicitly states that they don't have a dick?

I don't know if you've noticed, but these things evolve. Also, people aren't talking about ghost dicks. They're talking about a vagina that's made out of dick tissue. Frankly, I wish transsexual people had a better option, but this is the reality. Let's not pretend it isn't.

Fair enough..I offered a stronger formulation earlier to try and maintain the isolation the op q attempts.  If a sex change were genetic therapy or a stem cell procedure.  That they did have a vagina, and it was their own vagina, made out of "vagina tissue".

Cant remember who it was, but somebody offered another. A transference of consciousness to a female body. The op q asks us...on the basis of their having been trans alone, it's not asking us about our bodily preferences - which we all have ad I don;t think anyone can really be faulted for having.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 23, 2018 at 1:48 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 1:45 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: I think I remember where this "beef" if you will between Hammy and Cap'n first started but I probably shouldn't dredge it up.

The fallacy thread?

Unless I got Capn mixed up with someone else, a mutual friend of ours (who I think is really sweet) had a thread about a fairly minor issue at her office. Capn I think made kind of a mildly dismissive comment like " I wouldn't work in an office if I didn't like it, I control my life etc. " and that's when Hammy and Capn started getting into it.

This was some time ago but that's the first that I remember them being antagonistic. Unless that wasn't Cap'n. But I think it was.
(March 23, 2018 at 1:58 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 1:48 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: The fallacy thread?

Unless I got Capn mixed up with someone else, a mutual friend of ours (who I think is really sweet) had a thread about a fairly minor issue at her office. Capn I think made kind of a mildly dismissive comment like " I wouldn't work in an office if I didn't like it, I control my life etc. " and that's when Hammy and Capn started getting into it.

This was some time ago but that's the first that I remember them being antagonistic. Unless that wasn't Cap'n. But I think it was.

That was him. Capn. He was being arrogant in his “My lifestyle is better than yours” style.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(March 23, 2018 at 2:10 pm)J a c k Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 1:58 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: Unless I got Capn mixed up with someone else, a mutual friend of ours (who I think is really sweet) had a thread about a fairly minor issue at her office. Capn I think made kind of a mildly dismissive comment like " I wouldn't work in an office if I didn't like it, I control my life etc. " and that's when Hammy and Capn started getting into it.

That was him. Capn. He was being arrogant in his “My lifestyle is better than yours” style.

Yeah. I remember it because i wish I had spoken up. Not necessarily in an aggressive way.
Hmm, I don't remember that thread.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
More thoughts about the whole date a transwoman question.

In general, I gravitate toward men who don't behave in stereotypically 'masculine' ways and women who don't don't speak in an unnaturally high voice, wear make up or avoid being physically active.

So to the degree that a transwoman would likely be consciously behaving in a manner she sees as being feminine, I suppose we wouldn't hit it off anyhow. Not sure if that is always the case though.
(March 23, 2018 at 2:16 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 2:10 pm)J a c k Wrote: That was him. Capn. He was being arrogant in his “My lifestyle is better than yours” style.

Yeah. I remember it because i wish I had spoken up. Not necessarily in an aggressive way.

Lol, that's not it though. He first got into it with me when i was dismissive of pointing out logical fallacies all the time. Which, for some reason or another, Hammy gets really emotional about, since he loves to call people out on them (mostly incorrectly) . Since then he all but stalks me on these forums, replying antagonistically and insultingly to pretty much everything I say. I never reply to him first, except maybe to when he does the logical fallacy thing.

It would be a hard sell to say my lifestyle isn't better than being an antisocial shut in with no friwnds. I know, because i used to be one.

The funny thing is he was actually laying off for a bit, then, just as I knew would happen, as soon as he got his autism diagnosis he used it as a licence to be a total prick. It's like the oldest internet addict stereotype in the world.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Ghost dick heebee-jeebees overiding the fact that we're attracted to and like a person might actually be an indicator that someone is transphobic.

It’s not a ghost dick though. I’m pretty sure they use the person’s actual penis to make the new vagina.

Ah Shell already said this.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 2011 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 13083 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7656 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5658 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5930 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3278 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 21641 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2689 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Men's Rights Movement Catholic_Lady 538 71639 January 1, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do Women Need Men? Rhondazvous 57 6469 July 26, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Shell B