Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 5:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationism and Ignorance
RE: Creationism and Ignorance
(May 3, 2018 at 11:02 am)alpha male Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 11:01 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Would you please quote what you are referring to here, as I haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about.

RTFT

I read the thread. I'm not going to go back and reread it just because you refuse to be specific in your claims.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(May 3, 2018 at 11:36 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 11:02 am)alpha male Wrote: RTFT

I read the thread.  I'm not going to go back and reread it just because you refuse to be specific in your claims.

I'm not going to repeatedly use the quote function because people are later taking my initial response out of context.
You sure do seem to be run by shoulds. Too bad they don’t really extend to others this way.

(May 3, 2018 at 11:05 am)alpha male Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 10:59 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: And there is "some sort of disagreement" among biblical scholars about the historicity of jesus - but I bet you'd call the hard mythicists a fringe group that isn't on respectable academic grounding.  It's even more lopsided when it comes to scientists and evolution.  You can find "some sort of disagreement" for the shape of the earth, as well.  "Some sort of disagreement" is about as flaccid a statement as someone could make.

Then it shouldn't have been made.
(May 3, 2018 at 11:39 am)alpha male Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 11:36 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: I read the thread.  I'm not going to go back and reread it just because you refuse to be specific in your claims.

I'm not going to repeatedly use the quote function because people are later taking my initial response out of context.

Are you a creationist or not? Do you believe species evolve into one another or do you believe in irreducible complexity?
This is where he’ll declare it his option to do so until someone convinced him otherwise. I continue to decline that commission. I insist on adults conducting themselves as adults. If he chooses to abdicate responsibility that is his business. But I think he SHOULD.

Let’s see if my shoulds mean anymore to him than his do to me.

(May 3, 2018 at 11:35 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 11:02 am)alpha male Wrote: While I accept YEC, I don't "seek to promote" it. Do you see me starting threads on it?

FWIW, I went to a public school that taught evolution. When I was first a Christian, I still accepted evolution. Now, I don't. I don't see convincing scientific evidence for evolution.

YEC doesn't have an evolution problem, it has an everything problem.   I fail to see how you not believing in the facts of biology could conceivably lead to young earth cretinism.
He's just being obtuse.
(May 3, 2018 at 12:34 pm)Hammy Wrote: He's just being obtuse.

You imply it remains in his capacity to do otherwise.
(May 3, 2018 at 10:37 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
(May 2, 2018 at 11:47 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Surely by now with tens of thousands of Christian schisms, you're not surprised that Rule 34 has a counterpart in the religious world?  IOW, every conceivable belief exists somewhere in Christianity.   Christian Scientists have the balls to call themselves Christians just like scads of the rest of them.  No surprise there.  That Jesus failed to set up a proper and rigorous franchising and/or multi-level marketing plan for His religion is something the True® religious folks of this era are just going to have to live with.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
- Proverbs 3:5

Verily I say unto you, blow it out thine ass.

- Min 4.2
(May 3, 2018 at 12:39 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 12:34 pm)Hammy Wrote: He's just being obtuse.

You imply it is in his capacity to do otherwise.

On the contrary... someone's being is their nature. He's being obtuse precisely because it's the essence of his very being.
(May 3, 2018 at 12:42 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(May 3, 2018 at 10:37 am)Huggy74 Wrote:
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
- Proverbs 3:5

Verily I say unto you, blow it out thine ass.

- Min 4.2

He probably can’t do that.   His constipation suggests the hole on his rear into which he invites the dick of his jesus is not actually connected to the rest of his bowels.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1923 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Creationism out in Youngstown brewer 17 3040 September 25, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: c172
  The ignorance of science and the big bang in christianity dyresand 10 2515 May 1, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My case against Creationism and Infinite regression ErGingerbreadMandude 60 11481 April 26, 2016 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  BBC's Conspiracy Road Trip: Creationism Cyberman 5 1599 March 12, 2016 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Fundie Creationism song 2016 drfuzzy 17 4010 January 29, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Creationism lulz Longhorn 14 3142 June 15, 2015 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  Jason Lisle: Creationism exists, but atheism doesn't Cyberman 51 12567 June 11, 2015 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Billion + believe in Satan. Should all schools be mandated to teach Creationism? Greatest I am 20 5400 December 2, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Evidence for Creationism Mudhammam 51 12697 June 18, 2014 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Esquilax