Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 7:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
Dunkirk: Tales of air, sea and land during the evacuation of the British Expeditionary force from France 1940. Follows three men, one Soldier (One Week), one seaman (One Day) and one RAF pilot (One Hour). They get equal time, something that confused some people.
"The Dark Tower."

If you've never read the books, you may be able to enjoy this film. Even I enjoyed Idris Elba's rendition of Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger.

If you've read the books, you'll recognize it for the horrible adaptation that it is. They tried to jam a story that takes 7 (or 8, depending how you count) main series book and 3-5 tie-in books into one 90 minute movie. Idris Elba was the only highlight in the most grim and dismal Stephen King film adaptation yet. The Jake Chambers character had little to do with the Jake Chambers of the books and was turned into a composite character of at least 4 or five characters, one of which (the predominate of the composite) was only in the final core book for a few chapters. Holy hack-job, Batman. If you're a fan of the books, steer clear of this steaming pile of buzzard shit.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
[Image: b1852527a2ad91ec8fc4d2ddffff3f98abb733e0.jpg]

Deepwater Horizon
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The Greatest Showman

It was good, entertaining. But, there was something about it that I didn't like. I can't really pinpoint it.
The singing. For me, it’s all was the singing. A pox on musicals, unless they’re children’s movies. Sound of Music is awful.
I just watched "Would you rather"

It's possible that because I thought it was going to be utter shit that it made it easier for the film to impress me and exceed my expectations.

It wasn't the best film I've seen but I give it a 7 out of 10.

I thought it could have shown more of the violent scenes in more detail.  

I'm still confused now as to why the gunshots in the film were so quiet, it sounds like a weird thing to notice but in one scene in particular I was confused thinking what's this flashing weapon that sounds like a tennis ball launcher going off or something.

They had Rob Wells as one of the characters, he plays Ricky in the trailer park boys. It worked out OK with him in the film but in my opinion he's so naturally funny I couldn't help but laugh at what he was saying and I'm not sure it was even meant to be funny.  He can just say normal stuff and it sounds funny to me, a bit like Danny McBride in Eastbound and down or Will Ferrel. 

It wasn't anything new or special though, it was basically a light hearted version of Saw.  In my opinion it still managed to succeed in creating a bit of suspense and being creepy.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Deadpool 2.

Absolutely fucking brilliant!

11.5 out of ten.

MUST stay for clips in end credits!

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(May 13, 2018 at 8:18 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: "The Dark Tower."

If you've never read the books, you may be able to enjoy this film. Even I enjoyed Idris Elba's rendition of Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger.

If you've read the books, you'll recognize it for the horrible adaptation that it is. They tried to jam a story that takes 7 (or 8, depending how you count) main series book and 3-5 tie-in books into one 90 minute movie. Idris Elba was the only highlight in the most grim and dismal Stephen King film adaptation yet. The Jake Chambers character had little to do with the Jake Chambers of the books and was turned into a composite character of at least 4 or five characters, one of which (the predominate of the composite) was only in the final core book for a few chapters. Holy hack-job, Batman. If you're a fan of the books, steer clear of this steaming pile of buzzard shit.
I haven’t gone near it.  And apparently Eddie and Susannah aren’t even in it?!  I was under the impression that this movie was just the first of a series of films, but I’m still too afraid to waste my time.

(May 17, 2018 at 9:27 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Deadpool 2.

11.5 out of ten.

I’m looking forward to this one.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(May 17, 2018 at 9:31 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(May 13, 2018 at 8:18 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: "The Dark Tower."

I haven’t gone near it.  And apparently Eddie and Susannah aren’t even in it?!  I was under the impression that this movie was just the first of a series of films, but I’m still too afraid to waste my time.

No, Eddie and Detta/Odetta/Susannah aren't in it. Nor can it be the first in a series since...

Can't say it was really a waste of time, since I was cooped up in a hotel room in Williston, ND 'cause there ain't jack shit to do in that town! And, Idras Elba did an amazing job portraying Roland, though I am getting tired of Hollywood making all the epic heroes into reluctant heroes. Dodgy
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 17, 2018 at 9:27 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Deadpool 2.

11.5 out of ten.

[Image: bg4Q9cH.jpg] 

Last movie I saw was Avengers: Infinity War. Saw it with my daughter on Mother's Day. 

Going to see Deadpool 2 on Saturday.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 640 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 4687 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 1015 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 749 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 606 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 651 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 2074 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2766 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1967 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 2245 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer