Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
(August 12, 2018 at 2:03 pm)robvalue Wrote: I would have to admit he'd probably be quite successful as a politician.

Well yeah.  If Trump can do it and all he has going is being an asshole savant, Peterson should have it made.
(August 12, 2018 at 4:52 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(August 12, 2018 at 2:03 pm)robvalue Wrote: I would have to admit he'd probably be quite successful as a politician.

Well yeah.  If Trump can do it and all he has going is being an asshole savant, Peterson should have it made.

And being born with a silver foot, I mean spoon, in his mouth.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(August 12, 2018 at 8:41 am)paulpablo Wrote:
(August 12, 2018 at 6:45 am)Tizheruk Wrote: So i need to go through this again  Dodgy

It's entirely up to you what you go through again.

I can't realistically prove a negative, that he never said anything that you claim.  You could prove your positive claim by posting a video or citing a quote from Peterson.

I listened to one interview which sort of goes near one of the subjects you mention.  The interviewer asks something like "So you're saying that make up is a sexual expression therefore whatever happens happens"  Peterson replies by saying "No I'm not saying whatever happens will happen, I'm just saying the first bit, that make up is a sexual expression."
If it's up to me then i won't
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(August 11, 2018 at 10:13 pm)robvalue Wrote: Yeah, they also covered chapter 1, which is even more painful. I'm wondering if Benny has read the book. He may well be brilliant in other areas, I don't know. I've only sampled a small amount of his work so far. But he wrote this book, and it's an abomination. I've also watched him weasel his way out of answering theistic questions, and of course the "free speech" debacle. I find him disingenuous.

I've never really watched full length videos trying to dismantle everything Jordan Peterson has said but I can already see misunderstandings in this video.

They read the paragraph.

"The dominance hierarchy however cultural or social it may appear has been around for some half a billion years.  It's permanent.  It's real."

They claim Jordan Peterson is using an argument from nature to say that hierarchy is inherently good and virtuous because it comes from nature.

Again this is something I haven't heard him say.  And he didn't say it in the paragraph they're reading that they appear to think they're correcting.

He says the dominance hierarchy is real and you can see it in nature.

I think I've heard him say that you might not want to get rid of all hierarchy, I might have heard him say that, but I don't think I've heard him say hierarchy is good and virtuous because it comes from nature.

They make this claim and read the paragraph at 7:54 in the video.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Quote:You literally just make shit up, and have been caught doing so repeatedly.
Nope to date you have not proven this assertion .You have provided bullshit apologetics.

Quote: If this is not so, then link any video clip of him saying that women who wear makeup should not be allowed to complain about sexual assault.
Not my job. If you doubt look it up yourself  if your indepent in though you should not require facts spoon feed to you and quite repeating and falling for pope garlic butters  BS excuses 

Quote:You can call him a cult leader, or call me an apologetic. 
I will because it true he is a cult leader and you are a cultist 

Quote:That's because it's easier for you to parrot smears than either to learn or to develop ideas of your own.
No it 's because i have learned and developed(with my own thoughts  that i know he is a cult leader and your a cultist and that it's in fact you who is simply parroting his talking point.it's not been easy not in the slightest after all it's ment sitting through painful hours of his crap and you'll call facts smears for obvious reasons .... 

Quote: But right now, the fact is that you're making shit up, and until you are willing to come back to the world of factual statements, you're a liar.
But for right now i told the truth and you and Peterson have made shit up to cover his ass and until you stop drinking the koolaid you are a cult apologist and i will never stop reminding you of that uncomfortable truth .

And he would fit right into the conservative party  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

The thing that's so a propos about all this, is that the people who are criticizing him area almost invariably doing the exact thing he's talked about: they pick their identity politics, and then they attack someone they think is on the other side of the issue, with little interest in the truth of the matter.

So far all the videos I've seen criticizing him do exactly the same thing: quote something he said (usually out of context), reinterpret it to mean something that they can rage against, and then pretend that he said almost the exact opposite of what he obviously DID say.

In other words, his critics for the most part are supplying a huge body of evidence in SUPPORT of his ideas. And the more they try to fight it, the more stupid shit they have to make up, and the more credible his arguments become.

(August 12, 2018 at 7:07 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:You literally just make shit up, and have been caught doing so repeatedly.
Nope to date you have not proven this assertion .You have provided bullshit apologetics.
Shut up, liar. You said that Jordan Peterson said women should not be allowed to complain about sexual assault. Either he actually said that and you will demonstrate that he said it, or you will retract that statement, or your dishonesty will be apparent for all to see.

You can keep ranting about cults and kool-aid all you want, but the truth is clearly on my side. I can actually link video clips where he talks about this exact issue, and does NOT in fact say what you claim he's said. Would you like me to do it? I doubt it-- you'll make some dishonest reason to avoid facing the truth, throw a little more shit for good measure, and avoid making any kind of rational argument.

But if you want to do it, I'll make a detailed link of his comments about women and harassment, with videos and time stamps, and we'll see what his actual position is. And I know-- because unlike you who have falsely claimed to listen to "hours" of his interviews, I actually have. I know what he said about this issue, and I am perfectly capable of demonstrating it.
Quote:The thing that's so a propos about all this, is that the people who are criticizing him area almost invariably doing the exact thing he's talked about

Too bad for you gospel they are not .But i see why Peterson cult needs a hoard of devils .

Quote: they pick their identity politics, and then they attack someone they think is on the other side of the issue, with little interest in the truth of the matter.
Too bad that's not happening and yes Peterson is on the other side of fact and reality 

Quote:So far all the videos I've seen criticizing him do exactly the same thing: quote something he said (usually out of context), reinterpret it to mean something that they can rage against, and then pretend that he said almost the exact opposite of what he obviously DID say.
So far they accurately quote what he said get justifiably angry at it .Then is cultist horde descend to repeat you wrong or your lying and spew weak apologetics. Like a group of creationist saying you read the bible wrong . 

Quote:In other words, his critics for the most part are supplying a huge body of evidence in SUPPORT of his ideas.
In other words his critics tell the truth and his cult followers convince themselves the gospel is true

Quote: And the more they try to fight it, the more stupid shit they have to make up, and the more credible his arguments become.
And the more facts they point out the more apologetics his supports need to make up the less credible his arguments become .

Inuit Proverb

(August 12, 2018 at 7:07 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: Not my job. If you doubt look it up yourself  if your indepent in though you should not require facts spoon feed to you and quite repeating and falling for pope garlic butters  BS excuses 

Yeah, not your job to support your claims about what he said by showing that he actually said it? So how this works is you say a bunch of ignorant bullshit, and it's up to me to prove a negative?

How about this-- you made an assertion, back it up with some fucking facts. THAT is how it works, dummy.

(August 12, 2018 at 7:29 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: And the more facts they point out the more apologetics his supports need to make up the less credible his arguments become .

You literally have not provided any facts. Seriously-- the guy's videos are all over the internet, and yet you can't find anything at all to support your assertions. Any sensible human being is going to realize that you've backed yourself into a corner, can NOT in fact find any factual support for your assertions, and intend to keep throwing shit as a diversion from your dishonesty.

Keep throwing that shit, buddy, because the truth is Teflon.
Quote:Shut up, liar. You said that Jordan Peterson said women should not be allowed to complain about sexual assault.

Yup because that what he said and what he meant 

Quote: Either he actually said that and you will demonstrate that he said it, or you will retract that statement, or your dishonesty will be apparent for all to see.
He did say it and no look it up yourself i will not retract the facts and i am totally honest and you can kiss my ass how about that .

Quote:

You can keep ranting about cults and kool-aid all you want, but the truth is clearly on my side.
You can rant denying your a cultist denying you have drunk the koolaid but the truth is clearly on my side 

Quote: I can actually link video clips where he talks about this exact issue,
You can provide clips and make excuses and blindly parrot his own face saving BS 

Quote: and does NOT in fact say what you claim he's said. 

He does

Quote:Would you like me to do it? I doubt it-- you'll make some dishonest reason to avoid facing the truth, throw a little more shit for good measure, and avoid making any kind of rational argument.
By all means do so and spend time apologizing and insisting everyone shut ears and brains off to him clearly saying it and then post some more videos of him tossing word salad to cover his statements up 

Quote:But if you want to do it, I'll make a detailed link of his comments about women and harassment, with videos and time stamps, and we'll see what his actual position is.
By all mean then watch him waffle and waver and think if rambles and uses enough word salad hoping those of us with a brain  won't catch on to what he's clearly saying about sexual harassment .Then watch you engage in a campaign of excuse making and insisting i lied .

Quote: And I know-- because unlike you who have falsely claimed to listen to "hours" of his interviews, I actually have. I know what he said about this issue, and I am perfectly capable of demonstrating it.
I have and i know what he believes about the issue and the only thing you will be able to demonstrate is your a cultist on par with the most devote of Randians 

Quote:Yeah, not your job to support your claims about what he said by showing that he actually said it? 

I give you the same response i give creationists on this site when they tell me to prove evolution . I'm not your teacher pick up a biology book .

Quote:So how this works is you say a bunch of ignorant bullshit, and it's up to me to prove a negative?
No i said a bunch of facts if you doubt them look it up 

Quote:How about this-- you made an assertion, back it up with some fucking facts. THAT is how it works, dummy.
How about this if you really curious you look it up rather then having me spoon feed you like a toddler

Inuit Proverb

Okay, let me make an assertion, and we'll apply your standards. Tizheruk has said many times that he hates women, fears homosexuals, and wants all black, Latino and aboriginal people to die in a vat of acid, and that bennyboy is his personal Lord and Savior. Don't believe I have my facts right? Don't ask ME to do your homework for you! You have to go and prove me wrong.

But don't expect me to provide support for anything I've said Tizheruk said. I'm telling you that I read a blog by someone who heard that someone thought he said those things, and if that's not good enough for you-- well, get to work and start googling!

Also, if you disagree that Tizheruk said all of that, it's because you're a gerbil-hating, elderly panty-sniffing Nazi-- and NOT because you think you've seen enough of Tizheruk's ideas that you're sure he wouldn't have said any of those things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19458 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 347 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 732 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 16054 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4161 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1733 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9699 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus