Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 5:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
RE: Peterson's 12 Rules For Life, have you heard of this?
Spoiler alert...Jordan peterson does, Jordan Peterson thinks so, and Jordan Peterson is certain that it is not only an attack on white masculinity but also the beginning of the end of western civilization.   

My question for you..Benny, is this.  You described yourself as even more radical than Peterson, and indicated that he was speaking your language.  Are you..in truth, more radical than that, is that your language?  Out on a limb..I'm guessing no..but you do still count on the man to inform you about the pc left. It's his version of the pc left that you've decided..in no uncertain terms..-is- the pc left. It's his version of the pc left that produces your anxiety. His version that makes you think your business is at risk. His version that makes you think the pc left is blaming whitey when their cattle die (and also..shrinking their dicks).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 16, 2018 at 5:45 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Endlessly creative assholes, as we've discussed..but I never got an answer as to how you went from there to your description of why you had the anxieties and insecurities you do..which you volunteered as information..or how you got from those people to how the pc left was morally weak.  
I volunteered nothing of the sort. You keep attempting to attack me ad hominem by implying that my position is an expression of this or that weakness, as read between the lines by you in various previous posts. I don't consider having insecurities or anxieties weakness-- I consider it human. I don't need to pretend I'm a paragon of masculine confidence in order to take a strong position against identity politics and argue it on its merits.

Quote:-the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

What's morally weak..about that?  Where..in that....is the white man being blamed for the common cold?  Where..in that...are -you- being victimized?
I've explicitly stated that I don't consider myself a victim, so please stop with that.

I'd say the essence of moral strength depend mainly on three properties: a willingness to accept personal responsibility, an unwillingness to bring unnecessary harm or inconvenience to others, and a sense of honor especially in the fulfillment of promise (which I suppose is just a corollary of the first)

When a kid is stupid enough to rack up $40,000 on a goddamned fine arts degree, for example, and then is outraged to discover he's not allowed to declare bankruptcy, then there's all kinds of wrong with that. He cannot comprehend that it is OTHER real people, tax payers, who are going to have to shoulder the burden of his perfectly predictable financial difficulties. He doesn't care-- he'll blame the guv'mint for his financial woes, sign up for welfare, and spend his days in Starbucks with his $200 hemp satchel and his $2000 Apple computer that he bought with his student loan money, writing a blog about how the patriarchy is keeping him down.

The moral weakness is in the scapegoating, of which I think there is a very great deal these days. Nobody is poor because they're fucking lazy, incompetent, or have consistently made poor choices. They are poor because of the patriarchy. They are poor because nobody will give them a break. They are poor because corporations don't care about their plight in life, because the almighty-dollar rules our greed-driven society. They are poor because the white man keeps an iron grip on the power that he stole at the point of a gun 200 years ago.

They are definitely NOT poor because they had bad grades in high school, took a shitty degree in a 2-bit college, spent their student loans on beer, nachos and spring break in the Bahamas, and showed up to job interviews in cargo pants with 20 earrings and an attitude.

(August 16, 2018 at 6:26 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Spoiler alert...Jordan peterson does, Jordan Peterson thinks so, and Jordan Peterson is certain that it is not only an attack on white masculinity but also the beginning of the end of western civilization.   

My question for you..Benny, is this.  You described yourself as even more radical than Peterson, and indicated that he was speaking your language.  Are you..in truth, more radical than that, is that your language?  Out on a limb..I'm guessing no..but you do still count on the man to inform you about the pc left.  It's his version of the pc left that you've decided..in no uncertain terms..-is- the pc left.  It's his version of the pc left that produces your anxiety.  His version that makes you think your business is at risk.  His version that makes you think the pc left is blaming whitey when their cattle die (and also..shrinking their dicks).

First of all, I don't THINK my business is at risk.  Those fuckers came in and turned the place into a shit show.  Many students, and thousands of dollars, were lost because my entire business essentially turned into an LOL post-game chat flame.  My biggest regret is that I believed to some degree the narrative those bitches were peddling.  I just didn't want to say, "These bitches are the worst fucking bitches I've ever met," because I was afraid that I was failing to communicate properly, or to see their point of view or to appreciate how hard it was for them to find a job. . . or. . . or. . . 

I'm in a stronger position now, because my policy is much more PC-deaf.  If you're black and you piss me off, you're a fired black fucker.  If you're gay and you piss me off, you're a fired gay fucker.  If you're a middle-aged white man who plays LOL and chats in online forums and you piss me off. . . well, you get the idea.

___

You've heard my biography.  I could have blamed my parents, the government, the dirty old men, and so on, and just gone back to the welfare line with a sob story.  But I didn't.  My position was fuck them all, I wasn't a number, I was an individual, and I personally, though all my friends on the street were going absolutely nowhere, ever, was determined not to be a statistic.  I know about PC, because plenty of people tried to comfort me with it: "Oh, Benjamin, don't feel so bitter.  It's not your fault because *fill in scapegoat here*."

My revelation, was this.  If I was a victim, then it would be better ANYWAY to take full responsibility.  A victim with ambition and discipline is going to be much more successful than a victim who rolls over and gives up. I'd rather be a victim with a million dollars and a BMW (some day, I'm not there yet).

But anyway, back to Peterson.  I believe that he speaks truthfully, with little regard for the fact that he knows it will trigger people whose politics are threatened by it.  He relies more on the kind of rightness that comes from an understanding of evolution than on fabricated correctness which is affirmed in a giant circle jerk.  He has some positions I think are dumb, in particular his waffling about the God idea, but even in that case he makes plenty of good points about the psychology involved, about the semantics around it, and so on.
I've described the difference between the actual pc left and you and Peterson's view of the pc left.  That will either sink in with time, or it wont.

Peterson is not speaking from an understanding of evolution, or any understanding whatsoever, except for an understanding of the spiders in his own lunatic head. That's the grand irony of the man, as a psychologist.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
1. Smile in the face of adversity but always have a backup plan.
2. Never lose your cool when faced with obnoxious people. You can always come back when there are no witnesses or innocent bystanders around.
3. There's no such thing as an innocent bystander. Everyone is guilty of something.
4. Every cloud has a silver lining. If, for instance, a city is destroyed, its whole criminal community got the death penalty.
5. Every silver lining has a cloud.
6. It takes only slightly more energy to stab someone through the ribs than it does to smile and turn the other cheek.
7. Turning the other cheek gets that one slapped, too.
8. A sucking chest wound is nature's way of telling you to slow down.
9. Remember, if you go into combat that your equipment was provided by the lowest bidder.
10. If your ship sinks and you have to get into a lifeboat, get into the one with the fat person.
11. Cannibalism is only a rude word if your survival doesn't depend on it.
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 16, 2018 at 8:50 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I've described the difference between the actual pc left and you and Peterson's view of the pc left.  That will either sink in with time, or it wont.

Peterson is not speaking from an understanding of evolution, or any understanding whatsoever, except for an understanding of the spiders in his own lunatic head.  That's the grand irony of the man, as a psychologist.

As I think is pretty clear, I have a lifetime of experiences which have led to my outlook on life.  I have little interest in trying to adapt my experiences to your world view.

But I'll ask the same of you as I asked of Rob and Tiz.  Please bring out anything Peterson's said with which you disagree, and explain why you think he's wrong about it.  I suspect that I'm likely to get much the same response from you that I got from him: a couple juicy out-of-context quotes that you mine from pcbro.com, a lot of very vague but strongly worded insults, and a refusal to spend any real time examining the truth of anything he has said.

I've done some homework.  I took a particularly "controversial" statement he made, and demonstrated that it wasn't sourced with him: it was, in fact, canonical to the field of evolutionary psychology, including women authors, and at least one academic female interviewer.

But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt-- go ahead and demonstrate that Peterson is what you say he is, or that he thinks what you say he thinks.  Lay this grand irony out for all to see.

*holds breath*
I'm not going to re-trot out examples every few pages.  I'll simply note that it's an enormous coincidence that your life experiences mimic right wing troll bait in every particular. If that's true, then it would explain why you think the way you do and why you sympathize with Peterson, all at once.

It still wont make your or Petersons assessment any more accurate, nor will it explain why Peterson thinks the way he does....but hey..them's the breaks.
Yeah, I called it. Vague appeals to past arguments that were never actually made, no actual support for the many assertions you've made.

Between you and Tiz, I'm starting to think that this is a strategy that goes with the position.
Its seems like you're falling into a pattern where arguing with me is more important than considering whether or not you or Peterson are capable of accurately representing the left.
(August 16, 2018 at 10:39 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Its seems like you're falling into a pattern where arguing with me is more important than considering whether or not you or Peterson are capable of accurately representing the left.

Again, echos of Tiz.  Make a claim, and refuse to support it with anything than further unfounded assertions.  Come on, man.  You're better than that.
The thread exists, you could always read it..and maybe you should have read it the first time?  I've had to repeat no less than twice the foundational epic of peterson's rise to fame.

Imagining that a law says what it does not, will do what it cannot, and lead to what it has not and will not.  Is he a constitutional scholar?  No.  Is he a civil rights lawyer?  No.  Does he..in fact..have a single scrap of relevant expertise?  No.  Was he soundly and repeatedly corrected by legions of people who do, up to and including the Canadian Bar Association....?

Yes.

Has he ever corrected his views or retracted those deeply misinformed comments that made him somebody in the first place?  No, and he never will.  In fact, he just doubled down and started coming up with even more insane shit meant to generate more buzz.  

He has a fetish and it leads him to say stupid things.  It hardly matters whether or not he prefaces some of the stupid things with some trivial and irrelevant truth.  Attempting to argue that trivial and irrelevant truth with me will not make the stupid things he says regarding his fetish any less stupid.  That is, however, part of the legitimizing device of Peterson..which I also already mentioned.

Heres a fun tweet..rehabilitate this shit.....by reference to what you think he knows about anything...if you can identify a scrap of knowledge in there in the first place?

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/stat...4575391744

Quote:Is that the murderous equity doctrine @JustinTrudeau? Do you understand where that leads? Or do you think you'll do it differently?

He was responding...to this....

Quote:It’s incredibly inspiring and motivating to see so many people come out to support women’s rights. We see you, we hear you, and @MaryamMonsef and our government will keep fighting for gender equality in Canada. #womensmarch2018
Good luck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 19185 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Peterson vs. Harris #3-- Dublin bennyboy 0 346 September 26, 2018 at 8:34 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Jordan Peterson vs. Sam Harris in Vancouver bennyboy 7 730 September 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  How do you deal with life now that you are an atheist? (With a little of my life) Macoleco 135 15922 September 1, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - lop0 11 4152 January 26, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What are the rules of the game? naimless 11 1722 March 17, 2013 at 4:10 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Moral rules vs moral sense Whateverist 19 9659 June 14, 2012 at 4:31 am
Last Post: genkaus