Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 8:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How messed up are Trump Supporters?
Music 
RE: How Fucked Up Are Trumptards?
At the UN:

[Image: image.jpg]

After that, trump held another speech and started slurring words and getting slower and slower. Dunno if his dentures were about to fall out, or he had been drugged to calm down, or what. Maybe too many big words on the teleprompter.

[Image: avenatti.jpg]
[Image: dobie.png]
(September 26, 2018 at 3:27 pm)Dom Wrote: At the UN:

[Image: image.jpg]

After that, trump held another speech and started slurring words and getting slower and slower. Dunno if his dentures were about to fall out, or he had been drugged to calm down, or what. Maybe too many big words on the teleprompter.

[Image: avenatti.jpg]

Is there video of that other speech with him sluuring?  Not that I really want to watch him talk.  Just looking at him makes me ill.
On a scale of zero to Hovind, they're about a Buddy Davis.
Can't find one on YouTube, except for the old slurring tape. Facebook is buzzing with it, probably I come across something there eventually.
[Image: dobie.png]
I think it's gotten to the point where you cannot be a decent human being and still support Donald Trump.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Eh. Just a smidge fucked up. /sarcasm
(September 26, 2018 at 11:57 pm)Cecelia Wrote: I think it's gotten to the point where you cannot be a decent human being and still support Donald Trump.

It's been that way a while.

I got to the point where there are some people I know IRL that I just stopped talking to during the whole separating children from their parents at the border thing. There was about a 36 hour period where it seemed that maybe Trump's administration had finally crossed a line too far. A whole bunch of people in the GOP were peeling off and criticizing the move. Then, they got their message squared away, fell in line, and all went back to being deplorable. I had to just cut some people out of my life. At some point, you need to make decisions for yourself, say "that's fucked up", and stop being terrible just to keep winning.

I feel part of why this has gotten so bad is because a bunch of people in the GOP changed their mantra from "never Trump" to "in for a penny, in for a pound".
Migrant Children Moved Under Cover of Darkness to a Texas Tent City

Quote:Migrant children are moved to Texas tent city

Hundreds of children per week — more than 1,600 so far — have been bused to an unregulated camp in the desert, where there’s no schooling and limited access to legal aid. To limit escape attempts, the buses leave at night with little warning.

Until now, children held by the federal immigration authorities had been housed in private foster homes or shelters, which are regulated and monitored by welfare authorities. Federal officials, struggling to find room for more than 13,000 detained youngsters, say the relocations are necessary to deal with near-capacity shelters.

A temporary fix: The tent city was opened in June for 30 days with a capacity of 400. It expanded in September to a capacity of 3,800, and is expected to stay open through the end of the year.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Don’t be fooled: Working Americans are worse off under Trump

Quote:Despite robust economic numbers during the Trump presidency, the American public has seemed curiously unmoved by such good news as the lowest U.S. unemployment level in nearly half a century. Its enthusiasm might have been dampened by this underappreciated economic reality: The typical working American's earnings, when properly measured, have declined during the Trump administration.

As any White House would, the president's economic team touts positive earnings data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics that suggest rising wages and salaries. But the figures are misleading. They focus not on how much an average working person earns but on the "average earnings" of all employed people. In times of rising inequality, employees at the top pull up "average" earnings. Shift to the bureau's earnings data for an average or "median" working person, and most of those claimed gains disappear. Another catch: The data used by the White House doesn't account for inflation. Adjust the median earnings data for inflation, and the illusion of progress evaporates.

Let's examine how much these technical sleights of hand distort what's happening to people's earnings....

...To determine how much the real earnings of a typical working American fell during that period, simply adjust the $876 in median weekly earnings in the quarter ending June 30, 2018, for the 3.32 percent inflation that occurred in the 18 months from the first quarter of 2017 to that date. The result: $876 in June 2018 had the same value as $848.20 in January 2017. In real terms, the weekly earnings of a typical working American fell $16.80, or 1.9 percent, during Donald Trump's first 18 months as president....

....Another blow to the White House's preferred economic narrative: The current earnings decline is a new development. Using the same measure, real median weekly earnings increased substantially during Barack Obama's final 18 months as president.

Before adjusting for inflation, median weekly earnings increased during Obama's last 18 months from $803 in the third quarter of 2015 to $849 in the last quarter of 2016. People's average weekly earnings thus increased $46, or 5.73 percent, before adjusting for inflation. Over the same months, cumulative inflation from July 2015 to December 2016 was 1.12 percent, so the real earnings of a typical working person clearly increased. By how much? Adjust the median weekly earnings in December 2016 of $849 for the 1.08 percent inflation over the preceding 18 months, which comes to $838.82. In real terms, the weekly earnings of a typical employed American increased $35.82, or 4.5 percent, over Obama's last 18 months in office, growing from $803 in the third quarter of 2015 to $838.82 in the fourth quarter of 2016.

In Ronald Reagan's succinct terms, average working Americans are worse off under the Trump presidency than they were under Obama's. Yes, low unemployment is something to applaud, but there might be a good reason that so many who have jobs aren't clapping.

Quote:The Trump administration’s hard-line immigration policies have stymied the Pentagon’s plans to relaunch its immigrant recruitment program known as MAVNI, which allowed thousands of people with critical medical or Asian and African language skills to join the military. The decades-old program was suspended in 2016 amid concerns over the screening process. The AP’s Lolita C. Baldor reports: “Defense officials shored up the vetting process, and planned to relaunch the program earlier this month. But there was an unexpected barrier … The officials familiar with the discussions said Homeland Security told the Pentagon that it would not be able sign any agreement blocking the deportation of the immigrant recruits brought in under the program. In previous years, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service used an informal process to give MAVNI recruits protection when their temporary or student visas expired because they were entering military service. In addition, Congress included new restrictions in the 2019 defense bill that limit each military service to 1,000 such recruits per year." The plan to restart MAVNI was backed by Jim Mattis.

(Washington Post)
[Image: MU5TW7WUHZCS5NRIDXQLDV3ETU.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1167 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Question for the Trump supporters The Valkyrie 33 3429 June 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1643 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 2177 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich
  [Serious] Dozens Of Crazed Trump Supporters Form “Human Wall” Along Southern Border Cepheus Ace 40 2913 February 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37219 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2603 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Trump and his right-wing blowjob supporters. Jehanne 3 764 April 22, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Who is the bigger idiot? Trump or his supporters? GODZILLA 17 1753 March 31, 2018 at 10:03 am
Last Post: henryp
  Both Bernie and Hillary supporters pissing me off. Brian37 44 15408 June 24, 2017 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy