Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters
Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters
It isn't worth it. It really isn't! I stopped this shortly after he won the election in November 2016. You are NOT going to change their mind. No matter what sorts of facts you provide to them. You could tell them that the sky is blue, but if Trump told them it was orange they would rather believe him. I constantly see on social media people getting into arguments with Trump supporters on Facebook news stories. It is useless! Your heart may be in a good place, but these people's brains are fried and can't use logical reasoning. Trump is their God. They worship Trump. Trumpism is a new cult.
Better there than here where all my stuff is

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters
(January 19, 2019 at 7:40 pm)GODZILLA Wrote: It isn't worth it. It really isn't! I stopped this shortly after he won the election in November 2016. You are NOT going to change their mind. No matter what sorts of facts you provide to them. You could tell them that the sky is blue, but if Trump told them it was orange they would rather believe him. I constantly see on social media people getting into arguments with Trump supporters on Facebook news stories. It is useless! Your heart may be in a good place, but these people's brains are fried and can't use logical reasoning. Trump is their God. They worship Trump. Trumpism is a new cult.

I agree, but the point in still engaging them isn't to convince the delusional, but act as a zoo exhibit for those who are on your side and those on the fence.
(January 19, 2019 at 7:40 pm)GODZILLA Wrote: It isn't worth it. It really isn't! I stopped this shortly after he won the election in November 2016. You are NOT going to change their mind. No matter what sorts of facts you provide to them. You could tell them that the sky is blue, but if Trump told them it was orange they would rather believe him. I constantly see on social media people getting into arguments with Trump supporters on Facebook news stories. It is useless! Your heart may be in a good place, but these people's brains are fried and can't use logical reasoning. Trump is their God. They worship Trump. Trumpism is a new cult.

Meh. A can't you see how wrong you are approach is always doomed. 

I live in a small rustbelt town (western PA near the Ohio border) full of people who voted for Trump. They aren't very much like Trump supporters as seen on TV. A lot of them voted for Obama's 'change you can believe in'.  They figured Trump would really change things. I think they just voted for a wrecking ball so that maybe some real change will come from picking up the pieces. They might not be completely wrong. A lot of them liked Bernie Sanders. They don't like Hillary. They were disappointed with Obama. But they are receptive to Bernie, who probably isn't going to run this time. I am hoping for Sherrod Brown, because I am pretty certain these folks will go for him. Talking Sherrod Brown makes them perk up a little bit. I think that quite a few of them would leave Trump for him.
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.

Most people are no more political than they are religious.
What's that saying, "If you could reason with trump supporters, there would be no trump supporters.".
(January 19, 2019 at 10:38 pm)no one Wrote: What's that saying, "If you could reason with trump supporters, there would be no trump supporters.".

Case in point- anyone fucking stupid enough to wear a t-shirt that says, "I'd rather be a Russian than a Democrat" needs the drool wiped off their chin and sent back home to mama.  Dodgy   Or maybe go live in Russia for awhile.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I didn't vote for him.

I don' t support him.

Nor do many of the people that voted for him.

Many simply saw Hillary as totally unacceptable.

There' s a whole lotta people that don't need " reasoning with" - they just need better options.
(January 20, 2019 at 12:14 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I didn't vote for him.

I don' t support him.

Nor do many of the people that voted for him.

Many simply saw Hillary as totally unacceptable.

There' s a whole lotta people that don't need " reasoning with" - they just need better options.

This country has no future if decent options can be so easily smeared in the minds of so many so that those with utterly reprehensible goals can be made to seem not as bad in comparison.
Epic character assassination is epic.
I've been arguing with my pocket book and thru my state reps. Arguing with the base is pointless.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1305 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1446 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25948 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why is it so hard to reason with pro-lifers? Dingo 32 2213 October 12, 2020 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Are Christians trying to turn US into a theocracy? Fake Messiah 11 783 October 8, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1059 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Question for the Trump supporters The Valkyrie 33 3148 June 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zepp
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1443 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump supporters-why are they so sensitive? A Godzilla fan 27 1955 September 5, 2019 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Drich
  Trump's Wall (A momentary lapse of reason) sammiedee 23 1659 June 26, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye