Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 2:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough.
RE: Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough.
Odd that a godless atheist would do such a kind thing, isn't it?
Pets are a completely selfish endeavor on my part. I enjoy the snuggles.
(November 7, 2018 at 11:02 am)Shell B Wrote: Pets are a completely selfish endeavor on my part. I enjoy the snuggles.

Sort of like waking up with eleven kittens sleeping on your back and your wife feeds you breakfast in bed?
I've fostered a turtle for a few days. Found the poor guy trying to clamber up a foot high median on a busy road. Dad had to stop the motorbike, run across traffic, grab him, and run back to the sidewalk. Tried to put him in my backpack for the rest of the ride, but he wiggled his way out of my hands and off the side beneath tin sheets into a live construction area. Whoever told you turtles are slow is wrong. That was one fast mfer. Had to go into the construction site, convince the workers to poke around into the little deep gap he'd gotten stuck in. Finally found him and brought him home. Now he lives in a family friend's natural pond with three other turtled and no roads, at all.
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
Turtles are definitely fast! They choose to be slow a lot of the time because of the whole body temperature regulation thing, and they can be slow in cold weather, but they will book it. I had a Russian tortoise that would haul tits whenever we brought him outside.
(November 7, 2018 at 11:36 am)DodosAreDead Wrote: I've fostered a turtle for a few days. Found the poor guy trying to clamber up a foot high median on a busy road. Dad had to stop the motorbike, run across traffic, grab him, and run back to the sidewalk. Tried to put him in my backpack for the rest of the ride, but he wiggled his way out of my hands and off the side beneath tin sheets into a live construction area. Whoever told you turtles are slow is wrong. That was one fast mfer. Had to go into the construction site, convince the workers to poke around into the little deep gap he'd gotten stuck in. Finally found him and brought him home. Now he lives in a family friend's natural pond with three other turtled and no roads, at all.

Thats-a-nice.  I like a happy ending.

When I was in middle school and starting high school I lived in Maryland just outside of D.C.  Our backyard backed on a mile deep bit of woods which I tromped through all the time.  I ruined a lot of karma bringing home box turtles and black snakes, but those were in my speciesist days when human amusement counted for more than it does now with me.
(November 7, 2018 at 11:40 am)Shell B Wrote: Turtles are definitely fast! They choose to be slow a lot of the time because of the whole body temperature regulation thing, and they can be slow in cold weather, but they will book it. I had a Russian tortoise that would haul tits whenever we brought him outside.
The more you know...
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
Good to know if you're dealing with a snapper.
(November 7, 2018 at 11:02 am)Shell B Wrote: Pets are a completely selfish endeavor on my part. I enjoy the snuggles.

That is so true of me too.  For all my complaining about breeding more humans because of the resources we consume and take away from wild creatures, I have to admit that my two dogs also demand resources.  And I too am plenty selfish enough to admit I am happy to pay that price.  

Blush

I've been spending the morning deleting downloaded files from my computer.  This video I downloaded to youtube.  I enjoy seeing Fletcher here even though he was pretty old and slowing down.  And Heidi as a younger dog is fun for me to see too.

Lia's parents built a house just north of Tamales Bay state park in California.  It was great to stay with them in this rustic environment about an hour and a quarter from our place.  I would never want a second home to keep up  but I sure enjoyed visiting them. They're both dead now and the 12 homes in this community have been reclaimed by eminent domain to the park systems.  

The Duck Cove road was a mile and an eighth long.  Lia's parents were the only full time residents and her dad did a hell of a job maintaining the road.  There was a locked gate near a dairy at its beginning.  This video shows the road from the water towers above where the houses were to the carport of Lia's parents place.

[Image: 45793352_10161123169390002_1342128098329...e=5C77C66C]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Member Photos Tiberius 20296 4619705 May 2, 2024 at 4:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Two warnings, already - i'm not going to be here much longer Prof.Lunaphiles 43 9558 April 25, 2020 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  As much as I'd like to, I shouldn't forego a formal introduction Gol Dernitt 22 2811 August 9, 2019 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  I never introduced myself shadow 14 3782 July 23, 2017 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I drank too much wine... and now I shall grace you all with my unstable presence. Anatheist 42 8331 May 20, 2015 at 9:41 am
Last Post: Regina
  Better late than never...! DangerousElf 4 1474 September 6, 2014 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Much Hello Beardio1 20 3689 April 27, 2013 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
Wink Hope its not too late! WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 9 4279 July 21, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: C.W. Sims
  ..been lurking for far too long Ben Davis 15 5639 March 6, 2012 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  It never felt right Nyx 21 5019 January 23, 2012 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Cinjin