Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
No clue about the theory of evolution either.
(November 12, 2018 at 3:16 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 3:09 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I live in a country, that in my area at least is almost devoid of theists.
Its a good country with a much better system of social care than America.

So how in a mainly godless country can our morality be so much more demonstrably superior to the rather in your face Christian country of the US?

The less religious they are, the better the people tend to be. This is seen everywhere in the world.
So it follows that religion is bad for humanity.

Look at the least religious countries quality of life and crime rates. Look at the US and atheist population percentages in prison.

From the face of it Atheism makes you better.

Why would a god make it thus?
93% of the world believes in God. See for yourself 73 cited scholarly sources. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

What countries are you claiming don't believe in God? And the US is pretty darn good. We have the richest poor people in the world.

I live in England whose religiosity has reduced enormously. Around the south coast it is the exception to be religious.

The church I was christened in is now a bar.

in a you gov poll in 2016 (The latest I could find) in England 28% said they believed in either a god or a higher power.

UK Church membership has declined from 10.6 million in 1930 to 5.5 Million in 2010, or as a percentage of the population; from about 30% to 11.2%.
By 2013, this had declined further to 5.4 million (10.3%). If current trends continue, membership will fall to 8.4% of the population by 2025.2

https://faithsurvey.co.uk/uk-christianity.html

interesting 16% of the world population identify as non religious.

https://www.thelocal.dk/20150623/denmark...rprise-you

"Religiously unaffiliated people – sometimes called the 'nones' – account for 16 percent of the world’s population, and they make up the largest 'religious group' in seven countries and territories. Perhaps more remarkably, they also are the second-largest group in roughly half (48 percent) of the world’s nations," Pew demographer Conrad Hackett wrote.

Your gods aren't as popular as you think they are.

(November 12, 2018 at 3:12 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Fine, Everena. You're not even listening. Your problem isn't that you disagree with atheists, it's that you're insensitive to the very good reasons for our disbelief. Have fun doing whatever it is you are trying to do here.

FWIW, there are theists with whom I can have a productive conversation about such matters. You simply aren't one of them. My advice is to educate yourself and work on your logic (which is horrid btw) before attempting to persuade skeptics to see things from your point of view.
(November 12, 2018 at 3:16 pm)Everena Wrote: Higher intelligence than mere humans as the creating force of this universe is the only logical assumption anyone can make, and I have a college education. Do you? Also, you did not answer my question.

It is an assumption based on nothing apart from you want it to be true.
If you look at what can actually be proved then you will not find any trace of god.

Just because things exist is not evidence for a god. It is rather pathetic of you to insult us with the poorly constructed thought.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Dear believer in God and challenger to Atheists. Don't go all out with bullets in this thread.

Shoot one slowly and take your time with each point, with separate threads.  This way they don't get lost in this massive thread.
Well it doesn't bother me that there is a wide spectrum of humanity present on these boards, including some who are verbose in their ignorance and belligerent in its defense.  As long as it doesn't derail all our threads I see no reason to remove it.  Let those who need further convincing that the green one is incapable of coherent intercourse come here to try again.  Not being one of those, I think I'll look elsewhere.
(November 13, 2018 at 2:18 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Two advices of Quran dear believer and challenger to Atheists:

"do not let those belittle you who are themselves not certain"

That's butt fuckingly stupid, Mystic. Perhaps those who are not certain are not certain for good reasons which you lack. Either way, bravado in the face of uncertainty is both stupid and nothing but a triumph of style over substance. Once again magic book only shows itself to be magically stupid. And Everena here is a classic example of why that advice is stupid.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 12, 2018 at 11:46 am)Everena Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 11:37 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 3:29 pm)Everena Wrote: I wasn't claiming anything. I just brought up the latest discoveries from quantum biology and there potential long term implications for proving the concept of eternal life when combined with the multiverse theory from quantum mechanics.  Here is the article.  https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic...milestone/

Quote the relevant passage(s) "....for proving the concept of eternal life when combined with the multiverse theory from quantum mechanics."

My point was that since we know atoms and particles can exist in 2 places at the same time, and they are now working on proving bacteria can exist in 2 places at the same time and hoping to eventually apply this at the macro level (and they say it is only a matter of when, not if). then it is also possible that we can exist in 2 places at the same time. The multiverse theory, combined with quantum mechanics could at some point scientifically justify a belief in eternal life.
Typical apologist evasion. I didn't ask you for your opinion or interpretation of the article. I asked you to quote the relevant passage(s) "....for proving the concept of eternal life when combined with the multiverse theory from quantum mechanics."
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(November 13, 2018 at 2:29 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Dear believer in God and challenger to Atheists. Don't go all out with bullets in this thread.

Shoot one slowly and take your time with each point, with separate threads.  This way they don't get lost in this massive thread.

Advice from a spammer without a clue?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 13, 2018 at 2:29 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Dear believer in God and challenger to Atheists. Don't go all out with bullets in this thread.

Sound advice. Great
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
(November 13, 2018 at 2:16 pm)Everena Wrote: I don't have to pretend. I received A's in biology in high school and college. I doubt you even went to college and your faulty understanding of it is not my problem.

You getting an A in biology at a diploma mill won't make any false thing true.  Do we disagree?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 13, 2018 at 2:34 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(November 13, 2018 at 2:18 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Two advices of Quran dear believer and challenger to Atheists:

"do not let those belittle you who are themselves not certain"

That's butt fuckingly stupid, Mystic.  Perhaps those who are not certain are not certain for good reasons which you lack.  Either way, bravado in the face of uncertainty is both stupid and nothing but a triumph of style over substance.  Once again magic book only shows itself to be magically stupid.  And Everena here is a classic example of why that advice is stupid.

This was addressed to the Prophet who was certain, and so applies to people who are certain.  They will be belittled and mocked when they show the truth per paradigm of Quran which I have witnessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1151 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1501 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7993 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 8095 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 4198 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2315 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1547 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 2079 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5321 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2059 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey