Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 3:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists and Cakes
RE: Atheists and Cakes
(December 30, 2018 at 2:39 pm)ResoluteBaptist Wrote: Look. I feel that our town of Foxborough is being threatened.

Ms. Brown adamantly tells me she will never bake a cake, a pastry or a pudding for any couple who is living in sin.

That includes any cohabitating couple or any gay couple.

Why would anyone persecute her so

What about a woman who remarries after a divorce? For she is an adulteress, is she not? Does Ms. Brown check the marriage histories of all her customers?

Sin is sin, right?
(December 30, 2018 at 2:43 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Just a matter of time until federal troops storm your houses and steal all the magic books, I'm sure.

Or they could storm your house and steal all of your magic pop rocks.
And there are some people whose sincere religious beliefs state that black skin is the mark of Cain, and that God separated the races and integration is contrary to his will. It does not matter if she bakes cookies for her grandkids and gives to charity, she CAN NOT refuse service based on those beliefs if she runs a for profit business. We have already had that fight.

You can be a bigot all you want in your private life. You can say your views stem from legitimate religious beliefs. And maybe they do. But when you open a business to the public you have to obey public accommodation laws. I don’t like people who wear skinny pants suits. I would prefer not to be around them. But if I open a business I have to serve them.
(December 30, 2018 at 2:39 pm)ResoluteBaptist Wrote: Look. I feel that our town of Foxborough is being threatened.

Ms. Brown adamantly tells me she will never bake a cake, a pastry or a pudding for any couple who is living in sin.

That includes any cohabitating couple or any gay couple.

Why would anyone persecute her so

Gotta love that persecution complex. Being told that you can't be a bigot when it comes to serving customers is not persecution.

(December 28, 2018 at 12:14 am)ResoluteBaptist Wrote: Heres a question for you:

Why do so many atheists  want to force Christian bakers to bake cakes for gay couples?

They don't approve of the lifestyle and deem it immoral. I fully believe that is their right.

Why must a devout Christian have to bake a cake to celebrate something he or she does not believe in?

Please tell me.

If it's a standard wedding cake that the baker would sell to anyone, then they need to sell it to everyone or else they're flaming douchebags who are opening themselves up for lawsuits because (I could be mistaken about this) they're violating the US law. If they're being asked to create a custom cake that celebrates something that they don't believe in, then I think that falls under art and the baker is justified in refusing to create that kind of art.

Seriously, why would you want to buy a cake from a bigot? I wouldn't trust that person not to piss in the batter.

Baring the first example, which I believe is a clear cut violation of federal law, I'm perfectly content to let consumers decide where they spend their money. The success or failure of businesses like this demonstrate where our values really lie.
Look. Ms. Brown doesn't have any quarrel with the homosexuals . She isn't out to make life hard for them.

It's just she doesn't want to be implicated in their lifestyle (her words not mine.)

If she ever were approached or sued over not baking a pastry for them...well she might be sued into oblivion and her little bakery shop (not giving the name out) would be forced to close.

Maybe you all don't realize it, but its so much more than a bakery. Its an essential organ of Foxborough. Ive seen lives transformed there.

For instance, Shortly before thanksgiving I was shopping there for a pie or two. Out of the corner of my eye I saw young Travis Buford (Tom Buford's eldest) try to make off with a cranberry plum cake.

I grabbed him by his shirt collar and ordered him to approach Ms. Brown, admit what he had done and ask her forgiveness.

He actually cried and told her he was sorry and begged her not to call the police or tell his father ( Tom Buford is a good man..but a hard man and one given to the drink.)

She showed him mercy. She didn't call the cops or his father but she "requested" he help her can marmalade and jelly into glass cans. After he was finished she gave him a pocket new testament and told him to focus on the story of the apostle Paul. Like Travis, Paul was once a sinner who did great things for the Lord.

This past month Ive been seeing a lot more of Travis. He comes to church regularly (he hardly ever did before) is clean and scrubbed up looking, and is kind to all he meets. I haven't heard of him being at the bar in town for a while, and I saw him with a very respectable young girl outside the hickory tree. It was young Sally Pitcher, a good Christian girl. I sure hope his life is turned around now.

Travis Buford is just one of many Ms. Brown has won to the lord's cause and it has brought far more than just baked goods to Foxborough and the surrounding counties and towns.

I pray that the atheist leagues will just leave us and our cute little bakery in peace.. but I have my doubts
We're busy  white genociding folks, at present.  We'll have to finish that before we get around to storming the bakeries.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I bet you 20 bucks that Ms. Brown masturbates more than you could ever imagine.

The jig is up. Fuck off, poe, or join our ranks as your authentic self.
At work.

Uhm... thanks for your heart felt report from 'Foxborough'.... I guess?

So.... what would be the 'State of play' should Mr's Brown not want to serve a couple of African descent?

What would be the 'State of play' should Mr's Brown not wish to serve a couple, one of whom was of Caucasian descent and the other of Asian descent?

Should Mr's Brown be allowed to act upon her thoughts of 'Non supply' in the above cases, yes or no?

Perchance you are not quite familiar with 'Descrimination' and why such is bad?
I really hope you are a Poe because the schmalz is getting laid on really thick. If your supposed Mrs Brown wants to run a pastry shop then she should concentrate on the quality of the pastries and mind her own business when it comes to the personal lives of her customers. Refusing to serve gays because the big book of bronze age myths says to is not a good reason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 2078 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4664 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2261 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet