Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 10:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what happened?
RE: So what happened?

(July 24, 2019 at 2:00 pm)Drich Wrote:
(July 24, 2019 at 1:11 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Indeed, the largest geothermal facility in the world is actually the Geyser geothermal plant in California, about 100km north of San Francisco.   It is associated with both recent volcanism and is at a place where the crust is extensively faulted.   It was largely developed since the 1960s.   But by the year 2000 the field has shown increasing signs of depletion.   

However, there  can be areas of great geothermal potential in the middle of a plate, see Yellowstone.   Basically wherever there are recent intra-plate volcanos (say last half million years), there can be geothermal potential.   In some locations geothermal potential seem to linger for over a million years after the most recent major eruption of a large intra-plate volcano, see Valles Caldera in New Mexico.   There are thousands of intra-plate volcanos that erupted in the last quarter million years, and most of those are not even associated with hot spots like Yellowstone.

what a lying pos you are..

heat is not the problem the depletion comes from a lack of water to create the steam. this whole time you anti argument is based on the fact the thermal conductivity of the stones can not be replenished making power production a problem because water can not be boiled.

Here clearly wiki shows an infusion of treated sewage water put production at all time highs!!!

By 1999 the steam to power extraction had begun to deplete the Geysers steam field and production began to drop.[2] However, since October 16, 1997, the Geysers steam field has been recharged by injection of treated sewage effluent, producing approximately 77 megawatts of capacity in 2004.[11] The effluent is piped up to 50 miles (80 km) from its source at the Lake County Sanitation waste water treatment plants and added to the Geysers steam field via geothermal injection.[11] In 2003, the City of Santa Rosa and Calpine Corporation partnered on constructing a 42-mile pipeline that became known at the Santa Rosa Geysers Recharge Project (SRGRP). Since 2003, SRGRP has delivered approximately 11 million gallons per day of tertiary treated wastewater to replenish The Geysers’ geothermal reservoir. In 2004, 85% of the effluent produced by four waste-water treatment plants serving 10 Lake County communities was diverted to the Geysers steam field.[11] Injecting treated water into the Geysers field increases the amount of power that can be generated.[11]

The injection of wastewater to the Geysers protects local waterways and Clear Lake by diverting effluent which used to be put into surface waters,[11] and has produced electricity without releasing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Geysers

did you see what I did there?

You made mention of an unknown to me so I immediately looked it up.

Understand I do this with EVERYTHING.

If I sound crazy or my claims are wild know I have at least 3 other solid sources backing me up, and then you guy come with your off the cuff cocktail dinner facts and try and challenge me.

Of course you are doomed to fail each and every time you have no hope in winning unless you do it dishonestly or try and whip up a mob of drich haters and even then how did the last one go?

60 pages of you people complaining to the site owners to get rid of me because I won't let you win.

Could you imagine how hopeless you would be if I did dot all my I and crossed all of my Ts grammatically?

Not to mention what I described is fundamentally different than the typical geothermal plant. I basically put a closed loop nuclear power plant over a man made geothermal vent. That's what makes my idea perpetual motion and the everyday geothermal plants dependant on sewage water.

Uhem.     The plant had an installed capacity of  1517 MW.   It has lost approximately 35% or 500MW of effective the capacity thanks to depletion.   Injection you cited added back 77 MW.

See what I did?   I actually worked on the power purchase contract with Calpine, the owner of the Geysers plant, for that plant's energy output.    I didn't think being knowledgeable extended no further than looking things up in Wikipedia.
So, the second law of thermodynamics, while useful to make silly arguments for god, suddenly is violated by Drich. Am I reading it wrong?
Wow! This guy gives a whole new meaning to the term " batshit crazy". This is an entirely new level of insanity.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(July 24, 2019 at 2:00 pm)Drich Wrote:
(July 24, 2019 at 1:11 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: Indeed, the largest geothermal facility in the world is actually the Geyser geothermal plant in California, about 100km north of San Francisco.   It is associated with both recent volcanism and is at a place where the crust is extensively faulted.   It was largely developed since the 1960s.   But by the year 2000 the field has shown increasing signs of depletion.   

However, there  can be areas of great geothermal potential in the middle of a plate, see Yellowstone.   Basically wherever there are recent intra-plate volcanos (say last half million years), there can be geothermal potential.   In some locations geothermal potential seem to linger for over a million years after the most recent major eruption of a large intra-plate volcano, see Valles Caldera in New Mexico.   There are thousands of intra-plate volcanos that erupted in the last quarter million years, and most of those are not even associated with hot spots like Yellowstone.

what a lying pos you are..

heat is not the problem the depletion comes from a lack of water to create the steam. this whole time you anti argument is based on the fact the thermal conductivity of the stones can not be replenished making power production a problem because water can not be boiled.

Here clearly wiki shows an infusion of treated sewage water put production at all time highs!!!

By 1999 the steam to power extraction had begun to deplete the Geysers steam field and production began to drop.[2] However, since October 16, 1997, the Geysers steam field has been recharged by injection of treated sewage effluent, producing approximately 77 megawatts of capacity in 2004.[11] The effluent is piped up to 50 miles (80 km) from its source at the Lake County Sanitation waste water treatment plants and added to the Geysers steam field via geothermal injection.[11] In 2003, the City of Santa Rosa and Calpine Corporation partnered on constructing a 42-mile pipeline that became known at the Santa Rosa Geysers Recharge Project (SRGRP). Since 2003, SRGRP has delivered approximately 11 million gallons per day of tertiary treated wastewater to replenish The Geysers’ geothermal reservoir. In 2004, 85% of the effluent produced by four waste-water treatment plants serving 10 Lake County communities was diverted to the Geysers steam field.[11] Injecting treated water into the Geysers field increases the amount of power that can be generated.[11]

The injection of wastewater to the Geysers protects local waterways and Clear Lake by diverting effluent which used to be put into surface waters,[11] and has produced electricity without releasing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.[2]

If I sound crazy or my claims are wild know I have at least 3 other solid sources backing me up, and then you guy come with your off the cuff cocktail dinner facts and try and challenge me.

Of course you are doomed to fail each and every time you have no hope in winning unless you do it dishonestly or try and whip up a mob of drich haters and even then how did the last one go?

60 pages of you people complaining to the site owners to get rid of me because I won't let you win.

Could you imagine how hopeless you would be if I did dot all my I and crossed all of my Ts grammatically?

Not to mention what I described is fundamentally different than the typical geothermal plant. I basically put a closed loop nuclear power plant over a man made geothermal vent. That's what makes my idea perpetual motion and the everyday geothermal plants dependant on sewage water.

(July 24, 2019 at 1:27 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: The highlighted sentence alone is enough to make one bow before the awesome erudition.

Wink If you guys did not always read everything I say with hate and vitriol behind my words you would quickly see all of the jokes and funny things i season my topics with.

I am one of the funniest people here that you don't know is funny. Can't read a humor with you butt clinched and teeth gritted hating someone..
It's hysterical that you can actually type out the words 'if I sound crazy...'.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 24, 2019 at 2:16 pm)LastPoet Wrote: So, the second law of thermodynamics, while useful to make silly arguments for god, suddenly is violated by Drich. Am I reading it wrong?

Violated in ways that cause physicists to demand trigger warnings ...
(July 24, 2019 at 1:34 pm)Mathilda Wrote: This is hilarious. If anyone else came up with this kind of stuff everyone would be accusing them of being a POE.

And as people point out why he is wrong he digs himself a deeper hole (see what I did there?). Let's see if we can get that hole a bit deeper shall we .. Wink

(July 24, 2019 at 11:05 am)Drich Wrote: per·pet·u·al mo·tion
/pərˈpeCH(əw)əl ˈmōSHən/

noun

1. a state in which movement or action is or appears to be continuous and unceasing.
    "the planet is in perpetual motion"
    • the motion of a hypothetical machine which, once activated, would run forever unless subject to an external force or to wear.
      "the age-old quest for the secret of perpetual motion"

do you see the second definition? 

This is me in a 2 min window providing you and the rest of the world with a machine that would technically run forever.

Some questions for you Drich (because I know you enjoy the Socratic method to really test your ideas Wink ):

1. What provides the heat in your system?
2. Will the Earth's internal heat decrease over time? Or will it be there forever?
3. Do you agree that if the rock surrounding the drill hole is heating the water, then some heat is transferred from the rock to the water?
4. What happens to the heat transferred to the water?
5. If you agree with 3, then how quickly will the rock surrounding the drill hole take to heat up again and where does this heat come from?

1.Did you see the highlighted portion n the definition of perpetual motion machine?.
2. Do you know that once the core cools there will be no protective magnetic field to protect life from the sun (this is why mars is baron)
3. Do you understand the machine will per the definition succumb to a failure in maintenance before the heat will run out of the earth's core.
3a. do you know why? because if the core stop reacting the magnetic field fails instantaneously, and with in 10 years all life (which will be little more than roaches and what dwells on the bottom of the deepest sea) will be gone. yet this machine will still run for another 20 million years according to kelvin..
4Do you know this machine will fail due to wear and tear before the fuel runs out which according to the definition still be called a perpetual motion machine..

your answers
1. the core
2.long after everything on the planet is gone. Example mars still has internal warmth
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1...lten-core/
which means the machine on mars even though the sun destroyed all life on the planet because mar's electromagnetic shield dissipated.
3. which is compensated by the kfactor comment i made. (one determines how much heat is extrapolated verse how much heat can be replenished in or around the HEAT EXCHANGER we put in the hole) to collect the heat and make team. read the definition of k factor I posted. Not that we could take that much heat and really effect anything if our current geothermal plants are any indication, some have been running since just after the civil war in the US.
4. in the heat exchanger it turns the water to a vapor which exist under its own pressure.
5. watch cartoon number one again:

(July 24, 2019 at 2:20 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(July 24, 2019 at 2:00 pm)Drich Wrote: what a lying pos you are..

Wink If you guys did not always read everything I say with hate and vitriol behind my words you would quickly see all of the jokes and funny things i season my topics with.

I am one of the funniest people here that you don't know is funny. Can't read a humor with you butt clinched and teeth gritted hating someone..
It's hysterical that you can actually type out the words 'if I sound crazy...'.

what's crazy is those words... every single word I have posted has shot down every single detractor so far because those crazy sounding words are 100% backed in scientific fact and only sound crazy because you are not as smart as you think you are. Hehe your right that is funny, but not for the reasons you suppose..

(July 24, 2019 at 2:11 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(July 24, 2019 at 2:00 pm)Drich Wrote: what a lying pos you are..

Uhem.     The plant had an installed capacity of  1517 MW.   It has lost approximately 35% or 500MW of effective the capacity thanks to depletion.   Injection you cited added back 77 MW.

See what I did?   I actually worked on the power purchase contract with Calpine, the owner of the Geysers plant, for that plant's energy output.    I didn't think being knowledgeable extended no further than looking things up in Wikipedia.
You understand why this depletion does not effect what I have purposed don't you? or do you need me to walk you through it?

The depletion the this geothermal plant is due to water loss at the geyser site. once treated sewage water was pumped back up to replace the lower level of water the plant out put was put back up where it was or exceeded original outputs. why? because the earth us used to heat water to steam the steam is captured and pumped across the turbine motors and released.. meaning you need a continuous water supply..

WATER IS NOT a problem for what I describe as we would not have water loss. Again moron I am describing a closed loop system much like how a nuclear power plant works.. (watch cartoon number two) water would not need to be pumped back into the system because the steam is captured and recondensed back into a liquid and reused indefinitely.
Keep telling yourself you are the smartest one in the room. Your wife probably has the pictures to prove it.

I am sure that in your pathetic little world your Wikipedia Degree is impressive.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 24, 2019 at 2:16 pm)LastPoet Wrote: So, the second law of thermodynamics, while useful to make silly arguments for god, suddenly is violated by Drich. Am I reading it wrong?

why don't you share what that law says and how it applies to what I have said here... Then I can tell you where/how you are reading it wrong.

First define entropy, and give me an example.. because if you are going to use this term you and I need to be on the same page.

(July 24, 2019 at 2:19 pm)Deesse23 Wrote: Wow! This guy gives a whole new meaning to the term " batshit crazy". This is an entirely new level of insanity.

examples?

let me guess everything.. do you have specific examples where i go off the road and can you provided proof your road is the standard in which sanity is measured? One more thing can you do this topically? meaning with anything I have said here today?

or is this a weak minded way of dismissing someone without having proof of anything beside your word and the doubt you want to create in my character.

(July 24, 2019 at 2:20 pm)Mathilda Wrote:

Violated in ways that cause physicists to demand trigger warnings ...

Good then you understand the point he is trying to make... so I doubt he will be able to answer coherently using science and fact, so I offer the challenge to you as well. first like him define entropy and then explain the 2nd law and how my machine violates it.

(July 24, 2019 at 2:46 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Keep telling yourself you are the smartest one in the room.  Your wife probably has the pictures to prove it.

I am sure that in your pathetic little world your Wikipedia Degree is impressive.

No no... remember I'm the dumbest one here because again I hold none of your degrees I never been to a accredited school (besides to work on a cooler or ac or something) and I can't spell or understand how to communicate or have basic reading comprehension skills.

I'm the dumbest person here who had to completely depend on wiki and other sources to discuss what you people "know" (for a lack of a more accurate term)

All that I am are the mistakes you 'good' people constantly point out.

What is left (the part that is always right and comes up with a perpetual motion machine in side of two mins when all of the world still trying to come up with a plausible model) That part is what God allows me to borrow from Him. that is my gift.

So what happens when you give a below average person access to library of God's knowledge and a simple internet connection?

You get atheist trying every trick in the book to silence a voice with any means possible. you get personal attacks and accusation from no where, you get anger hate and negative joo joo being wished on the person who does not work or think like the group is told to.

again look at how few of you are even trying to hang with me topically.. look at how many are just blindly stabbing in the dark hopping to hit a nerve of some kind. and remember I am the dumbest person here by every measure you got... But if I am handing a whole room full of you your asses, what does that make you? Hilarious
Lord we forgive you for making such a mistake as Drich. His existence hurts us not a bit. No harm, no foul.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's What Happened to the RCC.... ronedee 41 4358 October 31, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So again I asked what happened??? Drich 25 2769 July 27, 2019 at 3:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  It happened again... BrokenQuill92 38 4912 January 14, 2017 at 9:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4303 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  What Happened to the Non Jews Who Died Before Jesus Came? Nope 66 14649 March 30, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  What happened to Matthew's zombies? xpastor 77 19166 August 8, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Did this really happened? Zidneya 5 2039 June 8, 2014 at 8:18 am
Last Post: vorlon13