Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's What Happened to the RCC....
Here's What Happened to the RCC....
If anyone is interested in why the Roman Catholic Church is the way it is, I suggest a look.

Although this is only the tip of the iceberg as to the depth of corruption.... it gives the
beginnings and a trail to what has become a "career move" and not a vocation. You can
blame evil opportunity seekers of the gay lifestyle. Or, just blame God as per the usual case 
here.

But, the Good News (for Catholics & victims of these vermin) is that it is now "completely" exposed. 
And some people care enough to clean it up. While others in this age of insanity will inexplicably want 
to embrace the nonsense! Perhaps even some of you! It's becoming more the taste for the secular pagans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZM3cbWTdOw
Quis ut Deus?
RE: Here's What Happened to the RCC....
Churchmen are masters of cognitive dissonance.
When an organization is revealed to be corrupt, you don't continue to unreasonably support it. That's just common sense.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
@ronedee

Please, why don’t you enlighten us all on the “evil opportunity seekers of the gay lifestyle.”
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(October 27, 2021 at 8:13 pm)ronedee Wrote: Although this is only the tip of the iceberg as to the depth of corruption.... it gives the
beginnings and a trail to what has become a "career move" and not a vocation. You can
blame evil opportunity seekers of the gay lifestyle. Or, just blame God as per the usual case 
here.

Ummm... how many of us do you hear blaming God for things?

Catholic Church has been an evil mess ever since it gained massive power and prestige. Some sixteen or so centuries ago. Seekers of the "gay lifestyle" are not the problem here... if gay lifestyle means seeking consensual sex with people. It's the nonconsensual shit (gay or otherwise) that's the problem here.

Enjoy cleaning up your powerful and prestigious institution. So long as it's rich and powerful, it's going to be a corrupt mess.
In RCC, pedo lifestyle seeks you.  :yakov
(October 27, 2021 at 8:13 pm)ronedee Wrote: But, the Good News (for Catholics & victims of these vermin) is that it is now "completely" exposed. 

It was never a secret, everyone knows about pedos in the Church but the Church won't do anything to stop priests to rape children and is protecting them from the police.

For example, everyone knew about the prolific pedophile priest Marcial Maciel and how the Vatican was protecting him. Here the Cardinal Ratzinger was confronted by a reporter who was asking him to do something about this active pedophile, but Ratz only got angry at the reporter (good ol' blame the victim/ messenger) and pretened that he doesn't know about him - although he was well known to everyone else.

Eventually, Maciel retired, and the Vatican sent him to jail - no, just kidding. They sent him to live in one of many villas owned by the Vatican and think about what he did.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 27, 2021 at 8:13 pm)ronedee Wrote: If anyone is interested in why the Roman Catholic Church is the way it is, I suggest a look.

Although this is only the tip of the iceberg as to the depth of corruption.... it gives the
here.

But, the Good News (for Catholics & victims of these vermin) is that it is now "completely" exposed. 
And some people care enough to clean it up. While others in this age of insanity will inexplicably want 
to embrace the nonsense! Perhaps even some of you! It's becoming more the taste for the secular pagans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZM3cbWTdOw

I've been a recovering Catholic for over 50 years. Below is my 2 cents.

The Catholic church was founded in the first century. Its structure became hierarchical within a generation. That is when corruption probably began. In the fourth century, the emperor Theodosius 1 made christianity the State religion of the Roman empire.  With the emperor's approval and encouragement, the christians began murdering any opposition and burning their books. IMO it is from that time that the church became ineffably corrupt.

As far as I know, the church hierarchy has always bene autocratic, with the pope its absolute ruler. Add an obscene amount of wealth to that  and the merely corrupt becomes evil over time.

During the Renaissance the pope was arguably the most powerful man in Christendom.    He could (and did) dethrone monarchs. Have look at the history of the Borgia and Medici popes.

The pope still had absolute power in thee papal states until the unification of Italy in the nineteenth century.

For centuries, no cleric could be tried by civil authorities for any offence whatsoever . They had to be turned over to church authorities for trial by a church tribunal.

During in all of those centuries up until the present day, it was church teaching that Canon (church) Law trumps civil law.

Imo it's not that the church has only become corrupt in relatively recent times, say within the last hundred years or so.  It's that we only really found out about the depth and systemic pervasiveness of that corruption within well within the last 50 years.  I'm unsurprised at new revelations. if anything I'm surprised at the furore. What the fuck did people expect?  The church was permitted to operate unsupervised and often ignored for 2000 years.

I am comforted with the knowledge that all human systems and institutions eventually crumble and fall. In the case of the church, I'm only saddened that I won't live to see it.  Over my lifetime, the church though its teachings and hatreds has caused me much personal suffering. I would love to piss on its proverbial grave.  Cranky
A clear case of jealousy on the part of the OP.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Yeah, gay priests - THAT’S the Church’s problem. Jerkoff

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So what happened? Drich 230 19956 July 31, 2019 at 11:01 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  So again I asked what happened??? Drich 25 2518 July 27, 2019 at 3:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Go Texas, Houston and the RCC Investigation Fireball 2 345 November 29, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Fireball
  It happened again... BrokenQuill92 38 4535 January 14, 2017 at 9:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Irish RCC Seminary has "Gay Culture" Fidel_Castronaut 0 1158 August 3, 2016 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4108 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Rcc thinks Charlie Hebdo is the devil GUBU 76 15568 January 12, 2016 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What Happened to the Non Jews Who Died Before Jesus Came? Nope 66 13972 March 30, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  What happened to Matthew's zombies? xpastor 77 18472 August 8, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Did this really happened? Zidneya 5 1967 June 8, 2014 at 8:18 am
Last Post: vorlon13