Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did this really happened?
Did this really happened?
Is it true that the Pope John Paul II wrote a letter to Stephen Hawking asking him to stop his research and investigations? [Image: confused-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
Some people say it was a letter others that it was a official announcement and others say it was during a secret meeting. Because so far I haven't found any evidence that proves when, where and how that happened [Image: studying-onion-head-emoticon.gif] ,or if it really happened in the first place. It could be a myth, a lie or a fallacy as far as I know.[Image: sweating-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
RE: Did this really happened?
Never heard of such a thing.

Sounds ludicrous and I would go with the odds: Phony bologna bull shit.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(June 7, 2014 at 11:57 pm)Zidneya Wrote: Is it true that the Pope John Paul II wrote a letter to Stephen Hawking asking him to stop his research and investigations? [Image: confused-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
Some people say it was a letter others that it was a official announcement and others say it was during a secret meeting. Because so far I haven't found any evidence that proves when, where and how that happened [Image: studying-onion-head-emoticon.gif] ,or if it really happened in the first place. It could be a myth, a lie or a fallacy as far as I know.[Image: sweating-onion-head-emoticon.gif]

Ask the all-knowing Google.

http://www.catholicleague.org/hawking-mi...n-paul-ii/
Quote:By itself science cannot resolve such a question: it requires human knowledge which rises above the physical, the astrophysical, what we call the metaphysical; what is required above all is the knowledge which comes from the revelation of God.”

Um, I have more confidence that science will come up with an answer than I do in Pope Kidfucker's silly-assed god.
(June 8, 2014 at 2:02 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Ask the all-knowing Google.

http://www.catholicleague.org/hawking-mi...n-paul-ii/

Well that answers the where and when however it raises some questions. Because well let's face it from a catholic stand point. Of course Hawking misrepresent what the Pope said right? I mean the all loving church will never try hide the truth right?[Image: sweating-onion-head-emoticon.gif]

Also the whole Vatican conference on cosmology sounds a little….I dunno doubtful.
Because let's face it, what's next? A playboy campaign on purity balls?[Image: yawn-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
Yes, what kind of records do the Catholics have of the conference? Stenographers notes of who said what, or a murky video tape or an analog audio cassette or what the pope self reported he said later when asked ??

And as for a Catholic conference on cosmology in 1981, imagine how well served the church would have been to instead had a conference on child molesting priests. Not only would the church have reaped BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars later spent on lawsuits, lawyers and judgments, but some children might not have been molested at all, and some children molested many times, might have been molested fewer times !!

Sounds like a win-win to me, too bad God didn't send a memo to the curia in time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Moses really write the first few books of the bible? T.J. 30 2096 November 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Here's What Happened to the RCC.... ronedee 41 3954 October 31, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So what happened? Drich 230 19969 July 31, 2019 at 11:01 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  So again I asked what happened??? Drich 25 2518 July 27, 2019 at 3:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  It happened again... BrokenQuill92 38 4540 January 14, 2017 at 9:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  The Second Coming already happened??? Jehanne 30 4108 March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  What Happened to the Non Jews Who Died Before Jesus Came? Nope 66 13974 March 30, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  What happened to Matthew's zombies? xpastor 77 18476 August 8, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Did God fire an Angel or Did an Angel just quit? The Reality Salesman01 50 19924 July 22, 2013 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The Council of Jerusalem 50 C.E.; did this really happen? Ziploc Surprise 25 12716 July 23, 2012 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist