Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 5:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is eating hunted meat ethical?
RE: Is eating hunted meat ethical?
(November 24, 2019 at 11:08 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: You know, there are studies that show plants respond to pain and outside stimuli.

Animals in the wild have the advantage if being abl to run away.

I don't believe that: Pain comes from the brain and central nervous system: Plants don't have those.

Have you watched Earthling Ed on YouTube?
(November 24, 2019 at 11:20 pm)Tom Fearnley Wrote:
(November 24, 2019 at 11:08 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: You know, there are studies that show plants respond to pain and outside stimuli.

Animals in the wild have the advantage if being abl to run away.

I don't believe that: Pain comes from the brain and central nervous system: Plants don't have those.

Have you watched Earthling Ed on YouTube?

But what we believe and what are facts are often two different things.

Who?
Dying to live, living to die.
Plants do exhibit behaviors, they communicate, they plan, they gamble their lives and prey on each other, they even scream in what we would call fear and pain..if we were the ones doing it. Still, the behaviors of animals like us are more forceful in their effect on us as we witness them.

Chances are a tomato doesn't feel what you feel..but then again, neither do cattle.

I doubt that it would make anyone put down a baked potato, but plant behavior is pretty cool. You should check it out just for shits and giggles when you're bored.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Earthling Ed is a vegan on You Tube who debates meat eaters.

It's a fact that pain comes from the brain.
Human pain, sure. Like most everything about us, it's not impossible to find analogs elsewhere in life.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
https://afropunk.com/2017/10/vegans-worr...y-cruelty/

I’ll just leave this here
So really there's been no big scientific study to show that veganism would solve world hunger, that's what I'm getting here when I look for information.
No, there's been no such study, and the notion is false on it's face. We're not starving because the animals are eating all the food. They -are- food, and we have plenty more where that came from.

As I've recently told another member of the boards wondering about the same thing..people compete with other people for things to put on their plates, not with livestock. You don't have to look much further than India for a depressing example of that. Country full of vegetarians, cattle wandering the streets, major beef exporter........

...........and soul crushing hunger.
(November 24, 2019 at 11:35 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: https://afropunk.com/2017/10/vegans-worr...y-cruelty/

I’ll just leave this here
Good link.

Okay so veganism might not or wouldn't end world hunger.

Do animals feel pain when executed is the next question? They are electrocuted and bolted: How long does it take them to die? Would you say they suffer badly?
It's a pleasant fiction used to market a lifestyle choice to you, one that depends on products coming from the very places where people are starving.

Is that clear enough?

On to the next. Done properly, animals either die instantly, or die anesthetized. They still die, though. No way around that. They die young, before their growth rates taper off, and most of them don't live very well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Picking your nose and eating it yes/no Duty 7 495 March 5, 2022 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Duty
  Vegans & meat grown in a lab Rahn127 51 3180 November 7, 2018 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Dr H