Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 6:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
(March 20, 2020 at 3:23 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(March 20, 2020 at 2:43 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Why don't people explode randomly?

Who said they don't?

Ever been to Beruit?

Once.

But now I'm banned.

"A threat to the people."

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(March 20, 2020 at 3:23 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(March 20, 2020 at 2:43 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Why don't people explode randomly?

Who said they don't?

Ever been to Beruit?

Yeah, that’s not random.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
It's weirdly quiet with the near stoppage of air travel. I am used to hearing and seeing planes multiple times a day going over our house.

We also seem to be along a common path for LifeFlight helicopters. I guess the reduction is car traffic and the resulting reduction in crashes has slowed the need for them too.

At first I was starting to wonder if my hearing was getting worse...

Things are weird in these strange, unsettled days.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

A moment of silence for all the teenage boys who can no longer masturbate because their families are at home and there's a shortage of tissue paper.

Sad

(March 22, 2020 at 2:03 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: A moment of silence for all the teenage boys who can no longer masturbate because their families are at home and there's a shortage of tissue paper.

Sad

As long as there's one lockable door and a sweat sock, that's not going to stop them.

Boru
Born to do this.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go right, where everything you try to do is nothing but an utter cock-up?  Days where you wonder if it's all worth it, when you can't get it out of your head that maybe you should just abandon everything and walk away, taking your chances with the vicissitudes of cold, uncaring fate?

Boru
Somehow, I did not know that HBO was adapting The Plot Against America until a few minutes ago.

This may be because my big Philip Roth kick happened in 2018 (and it started before he died, mind you), but overall, it looks good. Although the scenes of the kids pledging allegiance gives me mixed feelings, if only because I know that, until 1942 (and as a direct results of WW2 interventionists that Lindbergh despised), the Pledge of Allegiance looked like this:

One strongly suspects that they changed this because less-informed viewers would see kids thrusting out their arms to salute the flag as too over-the top and not something that was actually in common use for a little less than half a century prior to the events of the series.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
They say it takes a village to raise a child.

Do they just show up or is there a number to call?

(March 25, 2020 at 1:54 am)The Valkyrie Wrote: They say it takes a village to raise a child.

Do they just show up or is there a number to call?

They say it takes a village.

Really? Are they collectively so shitty at it that it takes the whole damned villiage?

So if there are two kids - do they have to call in another villiage?

It makes me think that the kid in question.may be better off raised by wolves than these inept villagers.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2286 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2074 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2281 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2119 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous