Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 10:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why won't God heal amputees?
RE: Why won't God heal amputees?
(June 4, 2020 at 8:39 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
(June 4, 2020 at 7:10 pm)Little lunch Wrote: You can uncrumple paper.
But will it be asi it  was before ?

Maybe even better.
You lightly spray the paper with distilled water then let it dry over a few days between two books.
You then sit it in the corner of a bathroom while you have a long shower.
Let it rest a few more days between two books.
You then iron it on the lowest setting between two hankies.

(June 4, 2020 at 7:10 pm)Little lunch Wrote:
(June 4, 2020 at 10:38 am)SUNGULA Wrote: You can't uncrumple paper. The damage has been done

You can uncrumple paper.

I glued a sheet of paper to the front of an armored vehicle and ran it through some woods. I'll send it over.
(June 5, 2020 at 6:39 am)Little lunch Wrote:
(June 4, 2020 at 8:39 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: But will it be asi it  was before ?

Maybe even better.
You lightly spray the paper with distilled water then let it dry over a few days between two books.
But will it be as the same as it was before ? Exactly the same ?
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 5, 2020 at 6:39 am)Little lunch Wrote:
(June 4, 2020 at 8:39 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: But will it be asi it  was before ?

Maybe even better.

Or you could just get a new sheet of paper.

Fuck the planet, I say!

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
That appears to be Winter's belief. That we'll get a new sheet of paper in the sky. The other sheet of paper remains crumpled, even so. It happened, and no amount of me giving out pie in the sky will change the fact that a person was forced to eat a shit sandwich on earth. A competent moral agent who sees this is forced to make a choice.

The idea that a god could fail the most basic tests of goodness and decency that mere human worms routinely pass and still be worthy of human worship is ridiculous.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The amputee argument can work as a great counter to arguments made by people who believe God heals people and that examples of people being healed from "invisible" disorders must be God's work instead of something to do with placebo. I'm pretty sure that's the aim behind it. Outside of that, it's probably not going to be effective because different theists mean different conceptions and expectations of God.
(June 5, 2020 at 7:37 am)Grandizer Wrote: Outside of that, it's probably not going to be effective because different theists mean different conceptions and expectations of God.

Don't believers expect God to do good with his superpowers?

Buddhist's answer to the question of amputees or just healing deformed people, is "It's their own fault because they must have been some very bad person in a previous life."
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Variations of the soul forge.

I've always found it amusing that ideologies who diminish this life's specifics as a mere step in process continue to predicate one's eternal future on the pedestrian shit that happens in an ultimately inconsequential world.

Get your hand cut off for some shit you didn't do? NBD. Use your non-cut-off hand to pull on your pud? Eternal flames.

Gods a carny running the bottles scam, apparently.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 5, 2020 at 8:40 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(June 5, 2020 at 7:37 am)Grandizer Wrote: Outside of that, it's probably not going to be effective because different theists mean different conceptions and expectations of God.

Don't believers expect God to do good with his superpowers?

Not necessarily. Deists, like their god, don't care. Then there are those theists of the metaphorical type.
(June 5, 2020 at 5:16 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(June 5, 2020 at 2:10 am)WinterHold Wrote: Not necessarily. The delay of this life is short compared to the next life.

The hell are you talking about?  Spending a single moment being punished for something you didn't do is injustice. 

Your answer is no.  We've found something that you think your god is incapable of, or unwilling to do.

I already told you that this life is pretty short, and the next would be where the final destination is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9450 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Won't this upset the assholes? Minimalist 9 1216 July 22, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 31588 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  God won't save you because of gay people. Foxaèr 16 3844 December 22, 2014 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  If jesus knows where the missing Malaysian airplane is, why won't he tell someone? Brakeman 45 6877 March 21, 2014 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Hezekiah
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12877 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Free Will vs Divine Won't - How God Favours Evil Cyberman 22 11990 April 1, 2012 at 11:35 am
Last Post: C Rod
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6796 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad
  American Military proves scientifically that prayer does not heal people. reverendjeremiah 8 4719 December 22, 2011 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels