Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 6:56 am

Poll: The Death Penalty
This poll is closed.
I support it
40.66%
37 40.66%
I oppose it
59.34%
54 59.34%
Total 91 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Death Penalty - are you for or against it and why?
RE: The Death Penalty - are you for or against it and why?
The problem, a ghra, is that it would take humanity another 2000 years to decide what exactly constitutes as a crime against itself.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(October 31, 2011 at 12:26 pm)Epimethean Wrote: Serial rapists, serial murderers, Sae, so yes, I do suggest that such people will automatically be a threat to society and are not rehabilitable. It really is that simple: They offer nothing and take everything.

Is it correct that you once worked as a prison guard?

If that is true, then the way you speak of those you are "correcting" in prison as human "trash".

If that is true, I wonder how you would react if someone locked you up in a cage and considered you trash?
I would like to add that the idea that you can rehabilitate a pedophile or a sociopath is as laughable as the idea that you can rehabilitate a homosexual.
(October 31, 2011 at 2:08 am)Epimethean Wrote: My stance is built out of experience, and it hasn't changed for twenty years.

Gosh, I know I've heard that somewhere...
That will never hold up in court...
Phaedra Wrote:I would like to add that the idea that you can rehabilitate a pedophile or a sociopath is as laughable as the idea that you can rehabilitate a homosexual.

And I would like to add that there is nothing wrong with pedophilia or being a sociopath. And "rehabilitation" of any sort is simple brainwashing... none of it good.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 31, 2011 at 10:02 pm)Vaeolet Lilly Blossom Wrote: And I would like to add that there is nothing wrong with pedophilia or being a sociopath. And "rehabilitation" of any sort is simple brainwashing... none of it good.

Of course there is nothing wrong with being one. What is your point?
That will never hold up in court...
Gee, those posting medals of Vaeolet's look much cooler than my Navy Achievement Medal . . .

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
(October 31, 2011 at 10:14 pm)Phaedra Wrote: Of course there is nothing wrong with being one. What is your point?

Only to ensure people don't get the wrong idea about it Smile If people then tell me "there are things wrong with pedophilia"... then they can disagree with me and if they then want to argue: fine Heart

Anymouse Wrote:Gee, those posting medals of Vaeolet's look much cooler than my Navy Achievement Medal . . .

Thanks Smile I can't wait till I hit 75 reputation... I'm hoping there's a new medal once I do Big Grin
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
In action, the death penalty, Saudi style-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories...-23528855/
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Along with Christopher Hitchen and Stephen Fry, this man Ian Hislop is my favourite 'celeb', his satire mag Private Eye has been outing dodgy politicians, businessmen and allsorts for 50 years, investigative journalism at its best, consistently. He's a Christian too, albeit a fucking clever one.

This is him on question time talking about capital punishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es9XrKTTc_4
(November 1, 2011 at 3:36 pm)bozo Wrote: In action, the death penalty, Saudi style-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories...-23528855/

Fucking disgusting!

I am reminded yet again that I share the same species as these people.

this is more than just an execution. this is a public display of power.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 427 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 2034 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them? Mystical 63 16383 June 3, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  This Is What You're Up Against With Drumpfucks Minimalist 20 2638 March 18, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Argument against the death penalty by a r-wing conservative Catholic_Lady 0 694 December 6, 2016 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Death Penalty Vote brewer 55 9367 October 12, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Do you know why wars happens and why middle east is robbed? Safirno 12 2192 July 9, 2016 at 11:48 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Remember Progressives.... This Is What You Are Defending Against Minimalist 19 2734 May 27, 2016 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Just another reason why I'm against guns. Foxaèr 12 1536 May 12, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Views on the Death Penalty? (a poll) Catholic_Lady 171 24133 July 9, 2015 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady