Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them?
Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them?
Bernie is the single most effective politician in Senate or Congress. Why is he treated like gatbage?! Additionally why is the Democratic Party so goddamned thick, they'll throw away provressives like during the election, and opt for a quid pro quo with republicans where they wI'll always be perpetual losers,  in exchange for a little piece of the pie??? Get money out of politics and everyone will be on equal footing! 

https://youtu.be/ZmPsX2tNV1Y
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Why is the Democratic Party against the only person who could save them?
So far as I can tell the Democratic Party folded its tent and disappeared a long time ago. I'm not sure who it is that will end up leading the rebellion against the Republican / Trump / Christian fundamentalists evil that is sweeping across the nation, but it will not be the Party of Clinton. Sanders could get something started only if he abandons his attempts to influence the Democrats and begins to build a true progressive party. Sure he would split the Democratic party, but who cares? Progressives and Democrats working together where they could; women's rights, civil rights, voting rights, the environment, might build a firewall against the right. And it may be that a new progressive party working to limit the excesses of wall street and capitalism might find some support from the libertarians of the right, a coalition that might prove more effective than a neo-liberal Democratic party funded by Wall Street and war.

In any case, looking to the Democrats for leadership in our current crises is a complete waste of time. They are done and dusted.
I sure as HELL hope Hillary Clinton stays her nasty money grubbin ass in the woods. I can't even handle a scenario where Trump has a political nemesis to focus his idiotic rants. Especially her. Especially.

I agree. Gotta jump out from under that umbrella Wall Street and the NRA holds over both parties and endure a little rain. Soon enough, the sun will shine. People are sick of money in politics. I like the Wolf-Pac lobbyists who are using money to get money out of politics. Seems like the only way to me.
In the meantime, I will be checking the voting history of every single candidate for office and lobbying my own personal campaign with people I know, to educate and attempt to bridge the rift Americans seem to be in thanks to partisan politics. I really don't understand why people turn on one another when the clear blame shifters are sitting right in front of them, with their hands all the way in the cookie jar..

Additionally I wish the Republican party could split itself aa well. There's the Koch folks, then there's the rest of the Republicans who just don't want government taxing them to death or paying for shit they feel doesn't need to be paid for. I may disagree with them about certain topics, but I respect anyone who puts country over party and feel like we could work together for the better of the people!

Every day that goes by though I feel like a cat in a box on the river, getting farther and farther from home or from anything even remotely familiar..
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
People don't idealize Bernie because there is no way to pay for his ideas that is plausible. I voted for him and I would vote for him again, but the Democratic establishment is hanging by a thread against a Republican voting bloc that votes staunchly along party lines. The evangelicals voted for the Russian connected pussy grabber because he would put a conservative in the SCOTUS. Liberals listened to the Russians on Facebook and vilified a perfectly reasonable, if flawed centrist policy wonk and turned her into a "money grabbing" witch.

Splitting the vote means more GOP. Their vote isn't going to split. While liberals and progressives fight over who once voted for a war or against a bill or took money from an investor and how evil their candidate is---and this will happen no matter who the Democrats' nominee is---the GOP will line up and vote for whoever their candidate is, and we will lose.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 29, 2017 at 4:05 am)Luckie Wrote: Bernie is the single most effective politician in Senate or Congress. Why is he treated like gatbage?! 

Uh, maybe because he's not really a Democrat? He was an independent, and only ran as Democrat because it's easier to be taken seriously that way.
He's still an Independent.  Along with Angus King he caucuses with the democrats because who is he going to caucus with?  The Republicunts?  I can't see that.  People don't seem to understand how political parties work.
We're not going to win with the party of Clinton, because they're all bought off. They refuse to get behind progressives, and try to get more independents, because that's what their donors want them to do. It's crazy to keep trying with the same dem party that's lost seats in every part of government over the past eight years or so, so it doesn't really matter if Bernie started his own party and split the vote. If the current party isn't going to enact major progressive reform when it has a democratic president, and a supermajority, then it's just not going to happen at all.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

It literally had the most progressive platform ever in 2016.

Which progressive ideals were missing?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
That's the crux of it.  Their dive to the middle, at some point, turned into an escalating downward spiral rightward to grab "independants".  Meanwhile, it seems that no amount of rightward leaning actually satisfies those on the right, or the "independants".  They wouldn't have voted for clinton, for example..even if she'd promised to fuck the poor super hard.  Harder than any of those pansy-ass republicans.

That the most progressive platform ever, in 2016, was one that would satisfy the hard right of years past..might be an indication that we've passed the point of no return. Political progressivism, in this country, has been effectively exterminated.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 31, 2017 at 11:35 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: It literally had the most progressive platform ever in 2016.

Which progressive ideals were missing?

Which was? I don't even remember what their platform was, besides maintaining the status quo, and platitudes. What did they stand for?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why only religious beliefs protected? FrustratedFool 49 2931 September 27, 2023 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 7884 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 889 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Removing treatment by democratic consensus as default (living wills) Duty 25 1268 October 7, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Texas Law could circumvent Roe V. Wade Cecelia 55 4324 September 29, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  1 dollar stands firmly against 1 hryvnia. Why? Interaktive 6 416 June 23, 2021 at 5:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 753 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 283 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 422 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  Save The Vote - NOTA onlinebiker 18 766 September 29, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate