Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 3:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
(November 17, 2020 at 11:20 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I sure wish I could sleep as soundly as my dogs do.

Of course they have no responsibilities and have two humans at their beck and call - especially this human.

There's a comic strip called "Luann" in the local paper. In one strip, she's sleeping, and her dog (which of course sleeps on her bed with her) starts barking, and wakes her up. It then goes back to sleep, and she's there with one eye open, obviously not going back to sleep anytime soon. When my one son has to be at work at 5:30 AM, his dog runs around stupid if she can't see any other people up. We've told him to leave our bedroom door open, but our other dog growls when she comes in, and then the wife yells at both of them.  Panic I'm going to tell my son to give me his schedule so that I can get up and keep his dog from going nuts until 6 AM. We don't let her out of the house until 6 AM, because the first thing she does in the morning is bark like an idiot. Before we put the blocking plate on the doggy door, she'd be out there at 2:30 AM, barking at the moon.  Tut Tut
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 17, 2020 at 11:36 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(November 17, 2020 at 11:20 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I sure wish I could sleep as soundly as my dogs do.

Of course they have no responsibilities and have two humans at their beck and call - especially this human.

There's a comic strip called "Luann" in the local paper. In one strip, she's sleeping, and her dog (which of course sleeps on her bed with her) starts barking, and wakes her up. It then goes back to sleep, and she's there with one eye open, obviously not going back to sleep anytime soon. When my one son has to be at work at 5:30 AM, his dog runs around stupid if she can't see any other people up. We've told him to leave our bedroom door open, but our other dog growls when she comes in, and then the wife yells at both of them.  Panic I'm going to tell my son to give me his schedule so that I can get up and keep his dog from going nuts until 6 AM. We don't let her out of the house until 6 AM, because the first thing she does in the morning is bark like an idiot. Before we put the blocking plate on the doggy door, she'd be out there at 2:30 AM, barking at the moon.  Tut Tut
Husband's alarm goes off at 4 am.  His movements wake Karm up.  While he's showering and getting ready Karm whines and whimpers till I get up.  Of course then the other two wake up to see what going on.  She barks at nothing and everything and you can't tell her to stop because she is deaf as a stone.  So, I get to be up well before dawn.

I am familiar with the scenario in the comic strip.  As soon as husband leaves for work all the dogs go back to sleep and I am up for the damn day.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(November 17, 2020 at 11:51 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(November 17, 2020 at 11:36 pm)Fireball Wrote: There's a comic strip called "Luann" in the local paper. In one strip, she's sleeping, and her dog (which of course sleeps on her bed with her) starts barking, and wakes her up. It then goes back to sleep, and she's there with one eye open, obviously not going back to sleep anytime soon. When my one son has to be at work at 5:30 AM, his dog runs around stupid if she can't see any other people up. We've told him to leave our bedroom door open, but our other dog growls when she comes in, and then the wife yells at both of them.  Panic I'm going to tell my son to give me his schedule so that I can get up and keep his dog from going nuts until 6 AM. We don't let her out of the house until 6 AM, because the first thing she does in the morning is bark like an idiot. Before we put the blocking plate on the doggy door, she'd be out there at 2:30 AM, barking at the moon.  Tut Tut
Husband's alarm goes off at 4 am.  His movements wake Karm up.  While he's showering and getting ready Karm whines and whimpers till I get up.  Of course then the other two wake up to see what going on.  She barks at nothing and everything and you can't tell her to stop because she is deaf as a stone.  So, I get to be up well before dawn.

I am familiar with the scenario in the comic strip.  As soon as husband leaves for work all the dogs go back to sleep and I am up for the damn day.
When I was was working, the Maltese dogs (and the wife's chihuahua) pretty much ignored me when I got up in the morning. So, I was good to go at 4:25 get-up time, and my wife could sleep through the light under the bathroom door. She can sleep through (almost) anything.  Clap I wish I could.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Is it fair to say that Trump is/was the only president in recent memory who did not start a war with another country?
For a narcissistic sociopath, I'm very surprised!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The war he started is taking place right here in ‘Murcia.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 18, 2020 at 8:00 am)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: Is it fair to say that Trump is/was the only president in recent memory who did not start a war with another country?
For a narcissistic sociopath, I'm very surprised!

Only because he was busy going to war with his own country.

Boru
______

Edit:  Yeah, what Eleven said.
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(November 18, 2020 at 8:06 am)Eleven Wrote: The war he started is taking place right here in ‘Murcia.

The war was already here.  Trump just allowed it out in the open.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

The Crown; they tried to make Prince Charles ugly, but I don't think they quite succeeded.

[Image: 1280_prince_charles_josh_oconnor.jpg?h=c...k=Z5PZGDbY]
[Image: princess-diana-prince-charles-crown.jpg?...3e01be0c97]
~ Erin Hunter
One particular resident at work proves that even minorities can be quite racist.
~ Erin Hunter
One more night, and then I have the weekend off.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2283 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2073 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2278 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2119 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous