Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 7:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for theists.
RE: Questions for theists.
Maybe God does, but Frodo has said that he does not. I assume he has a less mystical explanation for this that actually addresses the question, rather than avoiding it by way of platitudes.

Otherwise its the good old might makes right, isn't it? Pol Pot is smiling.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
An antient mystic discovers a red rubber ball. He writes down the description for posterity. Christians come along and find his description, and celebrate the red ball. Atheists also come along and declare the red ball to be a Unicorn. They argue that a Unicorn looks like a horse with a pointy horn on it's nose. No matter how the Christians argue, the atheist just will not accept that the red rubber ball is a red rubber ball. It is a Unicorn. Everyone is wrong. Everyone else lulz.
Oh fr0d0.

Facepalm
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Platitude:A platitude is a trite, meaningless, biased, or prosaic statement, often presented as if it were significant and original.

It would help if said christian had a convincing argument that the object in question actually was a red rubber ball. If it's a red rubber ball with a single horn, equine features, and hooves I'm going to side with the unicornists on this one. If it is only a red rubber ball by redefinition of the terms red, rubber, and ball, then I'm going to treat the argument, and the arguer, with something alot less like respect and alot more like ridicule.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 2, 2011 at 3:52 am)fr0d0 Wrote: It's you ElD who seems to want to misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm making it as clear and direct as I possibly can, and like a twat you keep coming back with your twisted agenda.

I cannot tell you what bad you're doing. Rhythm spotted it: to me God = good. Sure if I want to depart from my Christian belief for a moment and suppose that God =/= good, then I would agree. But then you want me to tell you what I believe as a Christian right???

YES, ONCE MORE: IT IS JUST THAT ANYONE SUFFERS FOR DOING BAD STUFF.

It's an easy question to answer with a yes or no. Your inability to do that is hardly my fault, is it sugarplum?
(November 2, 2011 at 5:24 am)Rhythm Wrote: Believe many posters have been trying to understand why god is good, why disbelief is bad, and why said disbelief (in the absence of any other "bad") would land one in the same jail cell as a mass murdering fucker with a penchant for human flesh?

Nobody is completely innocent apart from their disbelief, so the point is rather irrelevant.
stat, unless you already have could you answer the op, pretty please. ty.
(November 2, 2011 at 5:21 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: stat, unless you already have could you answer the op, pretty please. ty.

I did in post #66.

Thank you Stat. Much appreciated.
Also, thanks for answering them concisely and not doing a lucent and making something out of nothing and turning thread to something else.
(November 2, 2011 at 5:25 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Thank you Stat. Much appreciated.
Also, thanks for answering them concisely and not doing a lucent and making something out of nothing and turning thread to something else.

No problemo, thanks for the interesting thread.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two questions for theists. Edwardo Piet 19 2801 May 13, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: surreptitious57
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 5044 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8506 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Questions to theists tor 94 11398 March 20, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  20 Questions for Theists FallentoReason 37 14973 July 8, 2013 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Angrboda