Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
That Gay Thread
RE: That Gay Thread
(November 26, 2021 at 8:28 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Not seeing your point.  What is your point, Huggy?

The sex expert is gay, therefore qualifies to be put in the 'gay' thread.

"In lieu of there being a Human Rights area, which isn't going to happen (because just face it, this forum despises positive change), this will be the official thread for all gay news."

Didn't think there had to be a point to simply posting news...
(November 26, 2021 at 8:32 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote:
(November 26, 2021 at 8:28 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Not seeing your point.  What is your point, Huggy?

Bold of you to assume he's ever had one, ever.

[Image: 613ca559-94a5-4f8f-a8b2-9bb2ab6ef203_text.gif]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 26, 2021 at 8:30 pm)Foxaire Wrote: I can see how it's easy confusing diaper changes with consent. /sarcasm

You don't leave an infant lying in filth in concurrence with issue of consent, but leave it to a conservative to throw common sense out the window.

Curious, where do you get "conservative"?
(November 26, 2021 at 8:53 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: Curious, where do you get "conservative"?

An idea, or semblance of one, can easily be labeled as such.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 26, 2021 at 8:49 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:

"In lieu of there being a Human Rights area, which isn't going to happen (because just face it, this forum despises positive change), this will be the official thread for all gay news."

Didn't think there had to be a point to simply posting news...

Mmmmkay...
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 26, 2021 at 8:30 pm)Foxaire Wrote: I can see how it's easy confusing diaper changes with consent. /sarcasm

You don't leave an infant lying in filth in concurrence with issue of consent, but leave it to a conservative to throw common sense out the window.

Add to it that the topic related to the article has nothing to do with being gay......
Yeah that is a dumb conflation

(November 26, 2021 at 8:58 pm)Foxaire Wrote:
(November 26, 2021 at 8:53 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: Curious, where do you get "conservative"?

An idea, or semblance of one, can easily be labeled as such.
Truth  Great
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(November 26, 2021 at 8:26 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: Sexuality expert says parents should ask for consent to change a baby’s diaper

Quote:Deanne Carson said in an ABC News segment that families could set up “a culture of consent” in the home by asking newborns: “I’m going to change your nappy now, is that OK?”

The CEO of youth relationship service Body Safety Australia added: “Of course, a baby’s not going to respond, ‘Yes, Mom, that’s awesome, I’d love to have my nappy changed,’ but if you leave a space and wait for body language and wait to make eye contact, then you’re letting that child know that their response matters.”

So let's see what Snopes says

Quote:Deanne Carson's commentary about consent and sexuality education appeared to be misconstrued on social media and by the press.

Carson did not say infants were able to, or parents were required to, receive consent for diaper changes, nor did she say that infants who refused consent should remain in dirty diapers.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-ed...ermission/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
The full quote:

Quote: Yes, just about how to set up a culture of consent in their homes so “I’m going to change your nappy now, is that OK?” Of course a baby is not going to respond “yes, mum, that’s awesome, I’d love to have my nappy changed.”

But if you leave a space and wait for body language and wait to make eye contact then you’re letting that child know that their response matters.

Honestly, it seems like it could give the opposite message, like "I'm going to ask you for your consent, then I'm going to do it." Of course, if the baby in question is old enough to understand English (or whatever language the parent is using, anyway), it could work, and that objection is rendered moot.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 26, 2021 at 8:49 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote:

lol, you’re a sad idiot. The subject of the story is about consent, not homosexuality. That the sex expert is gay is incidental. If you’d like to talk about consent, why don’t you simply start a thread about it? I mean, unless your angle is to try and smear the LGBTQ community any desperate, and blatantly irrational way you can come up with. In that case, carry on. You’re doing great.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(November 27, 2021 at 12:11 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(November 26, 2021 at 8:26 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: Sexuality expert says parents should ask for consent to change a baby’s diaper

So let's see what Snopes says

Quote:Deanne Carson's commentary about consent and sexuality education appeared to be misconstrued on social media and by the press.

Carson did not say infants were able to, or parents were required to, receive consent for diaper changes, nor did she say that infants who refused consent should remain in dirty diapers.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-ed...ermission/

Then snopes is apparently lying it's ass off. The question according to snopes is:

"Did a Sexuality Educator Say Parents Should Ask Babies’ Permission for Diaper Changes?"

In what world is

"I'm going to change your nappy now, is that OK?"

Not asking for permission? Whether or not your able to get a response or change the diaper regardless, is a completely separate issue?

Besides what if the baby is able to refuse and you change the diaper anyway? How does the help the "culture of consent?"

(November 27, 2021 at 1:36 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(November 26, 2021 at 8:49 pm)Huggy Bear Wrote: The sex expert is gay, therefore qualifies to be put in the 'gay' thread.

lol, you’re a sad idiot. The subject of the story is about consent, not homosexuality. That the sex expert is gay is incidental. If you’d like to talk about consent, why don’t you simply start a thread about it? I mean, unless your angle is to try and smear the LGBTQ community any desperate, and blatantly irrational way you can come up with. In that case, carry on. You’re doing great.

I'm appalled LFC... Where did I smear gay people? I simply just quoted one, besides Foxaire put up an article about 'gloryholes', is that LBGT specific?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws. Silver 1 1369 May 10, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: robvalue