Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
(May 1, 2022 at 5:51 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 1, 2022 at 5:44 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Tallulah Bankhead once said, ‘I’m as pure as the driven slush.’

Boru

Had to look her up

Interesting woman.

There’s a story (possibly apocryphal, but I really want it to be true) that when she was introduced to Chico Marx at a party, the first thing Marx said to her was, ‘I would love to fuck you.’

She answered, ‘And so you shall, you dear old-fashioned boy.’

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(May 1, 2022 at 6:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 1, 2022 at 5:51 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Had to look her up

Interesting woman.

There’s a story (possibly apocryphal, but I really want it to be true) that when she was introduced to Chico Marx at a party, the first thing Marx said to her was, ‘I would love to fuck you.’

She answered, ‘And so you shall, you dear old-fashioned boy.’

Boru

I get a bit of a Dorothy Parker vibe.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

To worry is to be wary.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
‘To be forewarned is to have four arms.’ - Kelly Bundy

Boru
(May 2, 2022 at 11:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ‘To be forewarned is to have four arms.’ - Kelly Bundy

Boru

Isn't that line in the short sci-fi story or (poem?) where an Earth dad is talking to his daughter about dating a Martian (said Martian having had four arms in that story)?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 2, 2022 at 12:35 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(May 2, 2022 at 11:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ‘To be forewarned is to have four arms.’ - Kelly Bundy

Boru

Isn't that line in the short sci-fi story or (poem?) where an Earth dad is talking to his daughter about dating a Martian (said Martian having had four arms in that story)?
I think she was an airhead blonde on some TV show...
(May 2, 2022 at 12:43 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(May 2, 2022 at 12:35 pm)Fireball Wrote: Isn't that line in the short sci-fi story or (poem?) where an Earth dad is talking to his daughter about dating a Martian (said Martian having had four arms in that story)?
I think she was an airhead blonde on some TV show...

Yes, that one.

Boru
Of course I get a splinter in a finger on my right hand. Using my left hand to dig out a tiny splinter was a new exercise in 'damn that hurts'.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 2, 2022 at 1:18 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Of course I get a splinter in a finger on my right hand.  Using my left hand to dig out a tiny splinter was a new exercise in 'damn that hurts'.

I used to know a fellow woodworker who didn’t believe in digging out splinters. He would let them get infected, the squeeze the splinter out along with the pus.

Haven’t heard from him in years. I suspect he died of gangrene.

Boru
(May 2, 2022 at 1:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 2, 2022 at 1:18 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Of course I get a splinter in a finger on my right hand.  Using my left hand to dig out a tiny splinter was a new exercise in 'damn that hurts'.

I used to know a fellow woodworker who didn’t believe in digging out splinters. He would let them get infected, the squeeze the splinter out along with the pus.

Haven’t heard from him in years. I suspect he died of gangrene.

Boru

Eeeew

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2286 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2074 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2281 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2128 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous