Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 7, 2024, 1:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia and Ukraine
RE: Russia and Ukraine
Now in real news. The G7 has pledged their support to Ukraine ‘for as long as it takes’. Let's hope their actions support their words.

"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Well, I think I've made myself about as popular on this thread as I can, so I'll give a brief summary and then call it quits.

The US has been feeding the public anti-Russia propaganda for a long time. For example Hillary Clinton said that Russia had interfered with the election and cost her the presidency, but there has never been any evidence of that. She has never retracted. They said that Russia controlled Trump, but there was never any evidence of that, and most of his policies worked against Russia. That was a lie that lots of people believed. They said Hunter Biden's laptop was a Russian plant, but that turned out to be false. There are many more examples.

It's important to the corporate/government mind-control agenda that you believe history began when Russia invaded Ukraine. Nothing happened before that, and certainly the US was never involved in anything warlike. No one made promises to Russia that were broken, no one worked to wreck Russia's economy. No one wants to put offensive weapons on Russia's borders. You should believe that New Modern Hitler invaded Ukraine simply because that's what New Modern Hitlers do. It was a completely unprovoked grab for territory, with no other motivation. New Modern Hitler bad!

This is what you're supposed to believe, and lots of people do. Lots of people also believe in creationism and a flat earth, with equal justification.

Outside of the anglophone propaganda bubble, lots of people understand that the US actively works to harm and impoverish people for its own gain. It is the world's largest sponsor of terrorism. It has killed more people since WWII than any other organization. People in South America, Africa, and Asia largely understand this. Russians certainly understand this.

The US needs to control the supply of energy to remain relevant. In the past any country that tried to sell its petroleum in any currency other than the dollar was attacked and the free sale was prevented. If Russia and China and India become independent of US economic hegemony and the petrodollar, the US economy will be in very bad shape. This is why the new Cold War is being worked up against Russia and China. Lots of lies, lots of economic warfare.

I understand that people here won't believe this and will continue with the warm fuzzy feeling that it's always the other guy who's evil. New Modern Hitler must be defeated, no matter how many innocent people are killed in the crossfire. Biden says we are on the brink of nuclear armageddon, and yet people continue to refuse negotiation and call for escalation. We laugh at memes of innocent people burning to death, just as they burn to death in Yemen, Libya, Syria, Palestine, and other countries where the US helps to make their lives hell.

There used to be an anti-war movement in the US. Tens of thousands marched against the invasion of Iraq, despite constant lies in the media. The propaganda has been more effective this time, and anyone who doesn't think that violence is the answer is denounced as a shill for New Modern Hitler.

There is a good chance that you won't get burned to death, so you don't have to worry about it.
Says the guy in the propaganda bubble of the state that is currently bombing civilians, while offering no examples or facts to support his claims.  That's why you look like a fool.  Not the reasons you imagine.
So to end this embarrassing list of tirades and reciting easily debunked Russian propaganda and citing a wide variety of useful idiots, grifters, and shills also reciting Russian propaganda and getting absolutely intellectually slaughtered while doing so. You decided to go full Alex Jones and demand the sheeple wake up and become "enlightened" instead of simply admitting you don't know what the hell you're talking about or simply slinking away and letting this embarrassing affair slip into the ether of forum history. But no your ego just demands you dig yourself deeper and make it a memorable indictment of your character and your credibility.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(October 12, 2022 at 8:37 am)Belacqua Wrote: Well, I think I've made myself about as popular on this thread as I can, so I'll give a brief summary and then call it quits.

The US has been feeding the public anti-Russia propaganda for a long time. For example Hillary Clinton said that Russia had interfered with the election and cost her the presidency, but there has never been any evidence of that. She has never retracted. They said that Russia controlled Trump, but there was never any evidence of that, and most of his policies worked against Russia. That was a lie that lots of people believed. They said Hunter Biden's laptop was a Russian plant, but that turned out to be false. There are many more examples.

It's important to the corporate/government mind-control agenda that you believe history began when Russia invaded Ukraine. Nothing happened before that, and certainly the US was never involved in anything warlike. No one made promises to Russia that were broken, no one worked to wreck Russia's economy. No one wants to put offensive weapons on Russia's borders. You should believe that New Modern Hitler invaded Ukraine simply because that's what New Modern Hitlers do. It was a completely unprovoked grab for territory, with no other motivation. New Modern Hitler bad!

This is what you're supposed to believe, and lots of people do. Lots of people also believe in creationism and a flat earth, with equal justification.

Outside of the anglophone propaganda bubble, lots of people understand that the US actively works to harm and impoverish people for its own gain. It is the world's largest sponsor of terrorism. It has killed more people since WWII than any other organization. People in South America, Africa, and Asia largely understand this. Russians certainly understand this.

The US needs to control the supply of energy to remain relevant. In the past any country that tried to sell its petroleum in any currency other than the dollar was attacked and the free sale was prevented. If Russia and China and India become independent of US economic hegemony and the petrodollar, the US economy will be in very bad shape. This is why the new Cold War is being worked up against Russia and China. Lots of lies, lots of economic warfare.

I understand that people here won't believe this and will continue with the warm fuzzy feeling that it's always the other guy who's evil. New Modern Hitler must be defeated, no matter how many innocent people are killed in the crossfire. Biden says we are on the brink of nuclear armageddon, and yet people continue to refuse negotiation and call for escalation. We laugh at memes of innocent people burning to death, just as they burn to death in Yemen, Libya, Syria, Palestine, and other countries where the US helps to make their lives hell.

There used to be an anti-war movement in the US. Tens of thousands marched against the invasion of Iraq, despite constant lies in the media. The propaganda has been more effective this time, and anyone who doesn't think that violence is the answer is denounced as a shill for New Modern Hitler.

There is a good chance that you won't get burned to death, so you don't have to worry about it.

Brief - nope the usual I will out-talk you post that has come to be expected.

We understand you hate the US.  That's why you pose as something other than American.

Oh - you were looking for popularity?  At least you are funny, in a not all that funny kinda way.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(October 12, 2022 at 2:33 am)Helios Wrote:
(October 12, 2022 at 2:28 am)Deesse23 Wrote: Bel keeps flinging shit at the wall in the hopes anything will stick

How cute
That's all Tankies ever do. They Helicopter from one desperate point to the next. Like with a creationist it's a game of disinoformation whack-a-mole.

What are Tankies?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(October 12, 2022 at 9:37 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: What are Tankies?

Quote:Tankie is a pejorative label for leftists, particularly Stalinists, who support the authoritarian tendencies of Marxism–Leninism, or more generally authoritarian states historically associated with Marxism–Leninism.

I think this is supposed to be an insult to me, though I'm not sure. As I mentioned before, anyone who doesn't believe that America is pure and good is accused of being some kind of apologist for some other evil thing.

It has no relevance to anything I've said. I have never said anything in praise of Marxism-Leninism or countries which operate on those principles. (I have praised China, but this has a kind of hybrid state capitalist system, nothing like Leninism.) The fact that I oppose the authoritarian tendencies of the US must be misconstrued as something else.
So, the U.S. is authoritarian because it supports someone's fight against authoritarianism?

I guess I'm an uber-authoritarian, then, because I believe dictatorship should be made illegal internationally. Any leadership which drops below a certain level of democracy and openness should be immediately sanctioned.
Ah there it is.  "If you don't leave the US is perfect in every way. . ." which none of us do.  As I said elsewhere, there's plenty to criticize, and I do it often.  At least I'm not here arguing the case for an authoritarian warmonger.  That's seriously fucked up in any "bubble".
(October 12, 2022 at 8:37 am)Belacqua Wrote: The US has been feeding the public anti-Russia propaganda for a long time.

So Russians invaded Ukraine because they are good guys and by killing and raping Ukrainians they are helping them?!

(October 12, 2022 at 8:37 am)Belacqua Wrote: For example Hillary Clinton said that Russia had interfered with the election and cost her the presidency, but there has never been any evidence of that.

[Image: JDFHwA5X_o.jpg]

(October 12, 2022 at 8:37 am)Belacqua Wrote: It's important to the corporate/government mind-control agenda that you believe history began when Russia invaded Ukraine. Nothing happened before that

Russia annexed Crimea in 2014 and the world did nothing about it. Crimea has been suffering ever since under serious human rights abuses, especially against the indigenous group known as Crimean Tatars, who suffered greatly under Putin's hero Stalin. So it's all history repeating there. The bridge was built after the seizure of Crimea.

(October 12, 2022 at 8:37 am)Belacqua Wrote: You should believe that New Modern Hitler invaded Ukraine simply because that's what New Modern Hitlers do.

And like Hitler did not stop in Czechoslovakia, Putin will not stop in Ukraine. They made their genocide intentions very clear over the ears on Kremlin State TV. They made it very clear they did not see Ukraine as having the right that exists. Guess what? They've had the same genocidal rhetoric against NATO countries; against Poland, against the Baltic states. And if they succeed n Ukraine, they will keep going.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Silver 32 3364 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1847 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 480 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc. Nishant Xavier 53 4439 August 7, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 8733 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Micheal Cohen lied about Russia Tower deal. Brian37 6 1071 November 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4587 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 12835 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  U.S. War Plane Shoots Down A Syrian Jet: Russia Warns Of Consequences A Theist 40 15332 June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Michael Flynn, national security adviser, resigns over Russia contacts c172 48 9918 February 18, 2017 at 11:40 am
Last Post: John V