Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc.
Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc.
So let's discuss the Vilnius Nato Summit. Not as good as it could have been imo, but at least they removed the MAP requirement, which reduces one step for Ukraine. Ukraines future is in NATO, of that there should be no doubt. If Finland and Sweden can join, why can't Ukraine? Of course, the War has to finish first, but immediately after, Ukraine should accede to the Alliance.

Thoughts from folks here? And my expectations/guesses:

(1) Sweden becomes Nato member 32 by this year 2023 end.

(2) there's a good chance the Ukraine War ends by 2024 end at least, given Russias already lost some 230,000 troops at last count, and thus in another 1.5 years or so would be expected to lose around 500,000 in total; way, way more than they lost in Afghanistan in 10 years, and arguably unsustainable. So I expect the war will end by 2024 with Ukraine joining Nato by year end (3) then Nato should expand Eastward, I.e. in Asia, welcoming Asian Countries like Japan, South Korea, and India, and Oceanic like Australia and New Zealand in time. There are signs of this happening already, but Leftist Liberal and Commie-appeaser Macron is stopping it to please the CCP: Natos planned new office in Japan for e.g. Anyway, Raeganite Peace through Strength works and can stop the War and the CCP also.

Thoughts?

From Al Jazeera: "The communique also touched on the Asia Pacific, with the leaders of Australia, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea all attending as NATO allies.

It said China was a challenge to NATO’s interests, security and values with its “ambitions and coercive policies” triggering a furious response from Beijing.

And it accused Beijing and Moscow of “mutually reinforcing attempts to undercut the rules-based international order”. China has said it wants peace in Ukraine, but has not condemned Russia’s full scale invasion since it began in February 2022."
RE: Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc.
Let's not.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Sweden, Finland, and Ukraine need to be accepted ASAP to show Russia a united front in light of their aggression and war crimes in Ukraine/Crimea.

At the same time they need to look at censuring Turkey, possibly with the goal of removing them from the Alliance.

NATO is North Atlantic Treaty Organisation and, as such, all other mentioned nations are outside their primary area of interest.

We have our own alliances which, while needing strengthening, will suffice.
Dying to live, living to die.
Ukraine isn’t in the North Atlantic either. Not being part of the North Atlantic isn’t a reason for anyone to be ignored. Not Oz, not Ukraine…and not turkey.

Turkeys main fuckup was believing Russian ad copy about Russian weapons. Whole lot of buyers remorse in the world right now. Poor China, they stole a bunch of Russian tech to invade Taiwan with…..gonna have to put that off for a bit.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Minor win for NATO, massive defeat for Russia.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 12, 2023 at 4:43 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Let's not.

He must be really really bored and desperate. The Old Singe Catholic Man Syndrome. OSCMS.
At least one new thread per day. Could you tie a pork chop around his neck, maybe the dog will play with him.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
If I were NATO then I'd put obstacles in the way of Ukraine joining. A NATO country on the border of Russia is a flashpoint and Putin can't keep it in his pants.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 12, 2023 at 5:58 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(July 12, 2023 at 4:43 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Let's not.

He must be really really bored and desperate. The Old Singe Catholic Man Syndrome. OSCMS.
At least one new thread per day. Could you tie a pork chop around his neck, maybe the dog will play with him.

My dogs have done nothing to deserve that!

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 12, 2023 at 5:58 pm)Angrboda Wrote: If I were NATO then I'd put obstacles in the way of Ukraine joining.  A NATO country on the border of Russia is a flashpoint and Putin can't keep it in his pants.

Russia's already got NATO countries on the borders. This war was never about that.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: il_fullxfull.4476926333_qrdu.jpg]

I pray for you Xavier. You are an agent of darkness.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russia and Ukraine Anomalocaris 4775 309410 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 5770 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  President Sh*thole craps on NATO/op ed Brian37 22 3008 July 12, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is Russia about to invade Ukraine? account_inactive 33 3921 August 18, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Sweden breaks up agreement with Saudi Arabia Dystopia 3 1051 March 11, 2015 at 8:42 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Opinions on Ukraine simplemoss 46 5951 December 4, 2014 at 11:56 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Good For Sweden Minimalist 1 562 December 2, 2014 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Malaysian airlines plane shot down over Ukraine Napoléon 54 7395 July 20, 2014 at 3:04 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris