Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(December 31, 2022 at 12:54 am)Lek Wrote: We shouldn't need to send immigrants to sanctuary cities and states. They should already sharing the load and taking them.

The border states get federal funds to deal with immigrants from the Mexico side of the border. If they're going to avoid dealing with them by sending them to other states, the federal funds for handling that many immigrants should be sent to the receiving states too.

This whole debacle makes me appreciate California more, way more illegal immigration than Texas, but unlike Texas, they keep wearing their big boy pants and handle it.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(December 31, 2022 at 6:33 pm)Lek Wrote: The migrant housing in Texas was overflowing and there were below freezing temperatures outside. Texas needs more help in providing care. This needs to be a national effort. It's easy to pontificate when your property is not being overrun. Stop flapping your lips and get down there and help out!  If Canada attacked Michigan would we send any troops there or just let them use their national guard?

If only we had a process to allocate more funds when a state has insufficient resources to meet it's responsibilities. If only we had a national Congress Abbott could appeal to for more help.
Quote:so lets boil it down to what makes your undies all curled up in the crotch.
Yes let's acyually do that rather then the strawmen you employ here

Quote:A woman from Canada who's country doesn't give a shit about asylum seekers and refuses to let them into her country is miffed at HOW the migrant were helped with medical, dental, clothing and food in the USA?
First off I'm not a woman. Second off I never my country doesn't care about asylum seekers in fact at several points we have taken in more of them than the US it's just generally we have stricter rules on the US something I would very much like to see softened and is softening mainly due to the recent migrant crisis. Third I'm miffed that a group of human beings were needlessly used as political props and were needlessly put in danger it has nothing to do with the nonsense you state above. 

Quote:am I giving your argument back to you correctly Helios?
No, you couldn't have done a worst job stating my position if you tried. That's impressive as I have repeated it multiple times already.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:my apologies to helios.
Accepted 

Quote:Reading his posts put a elderly female image in my head.
Okay
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 1, 2023 at 6:52 am)h4ym4n Wrote:
(December 31, 2022 at 7:52 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Hell, if your concern is that it's freezing in Texas, why not send those buses to someplace like California or New Mexico or even Western Colorado? All three are sanctuary states, they're closer to Texas than Washington, and (most germane to the weather concerns) they actually have areas that aren't affected by the winter storm. Hell, there's even parts of Oregon that aren't affected.

[Image: 640px-December_23%2C_2022_Warnings_and_Watches.jpg]

Just curious.

Do you believe these people were held on the bus at gun point?

The bus had to stop for fuel somewhere in many warm southern states.

If Martha's Vineyard tells us anything, it's that Abbott is happy to lie to immigrants to get them to go along with his bussing schemes. Those migrants were told they would get 8 months cash assistance, housing assistance, job placement, and other benefits asylum seekers are not qualified for.

Not to mention jumping off the bus transitions you instantly from legal asylum seeker to illegal immigrant.
(December 30, 2022 at 2:36 pm)h4ym4n Wrote:
(December 30, 2022 at 11:11 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: By no reasonable definition are asylum seekers invaders. Funny how California gets the highest number of illegal immigrants of any state and is able to handle them without throwing tantrums.

THe suffering immigrants you see on the new are the ones here illegally.
...therefore we arent obliged to treat them as humans, they have no human rights, and thus we are allowed to ship them around as puppets used for a political stunt!?
Thats your argument? Really?

What a disgusting piece of shit you are....and before you get your feathers all ruffled up for being insulted:
#1 Dont be a disgusting piece of shit or
#2 Dont cheekily argue like one, just because you ran out of a resource called honesty and decide to post disingenuous shit
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(January 3, 2023 at 11:31 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(January 1, 2023 at 6:52 am)h4ym4n Wrote: Just curious.

Do you believe these people were held on the bus at gun point?

The bus had to stop for fuel somewhere in many warm southern states.

If Martha's Vineyard tells us anything, it's that Abbott is happy to lie to immigrants to get them to go along with his bussing schemes. Those migrants were told they would get 8 months cash assistance, housing assistance, job placement, and other benefits asylum seekers are not qualified for.

Not to mention jumping off the bus transitions you instantly from legal asylum seeker to illegal immigrant.
Also worth noting, the migrants at Martha’s Vineyard were given summons to immigration courts far away from Martha’s Vineyard, so we can’t even trust Abbott and company to even tell them the truth about where they’re even going.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 3, 2023 at 11:04 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(December 30, 2022 at 2:36 pm)h4ym4n Wrote: The legal asylum seekers are all fine 
THe suffering immigrants you see on the new are the ones here illegally.

The ones bussed to Washington (and Martha's Vineyard) were asylum seekers. They crossed the border and turned themselves in to have their asylum claims processed, which is the procedure under our law.

Also worth noting, even if they were here illegally, when you’ve seen how Byzantine the process for immigrating legally is:

[Image: immigration-flowchart-roadmap-to-green-card.pdf]

Forgive me if I don’t see illegal immigration as the same sort of Malum in se that Hymen Roth here does. Then again, I’m not a racist who sees brown people entering another nation peacefully (if not legally) as an invasion.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 4, 2023 at 12:35 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(January 3, 2023 at 11:04 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: The ones bussed to Washington (and Martha's Vineyard) were asylum seekers. They crossed the border and turned themselves in to have their asylum claims processed, which is the procedure under our law.

Also worth noting, even if they were here illegally, when you’ve seen how Byzantine the process for immigrating legally is:

[Image: immigration-flowchart-roadmap-to-green-card.pdf]

Forgive me if I don’t see illegal immigration as the same sort of Malum in se that Hymen Roth here does. Then again, I’m not a racist who sees brown people entering another nation peacefully (if not legally) as an invasion.

How can you NOT see it as an invasion? I've watched the news footage of it, and those Mexicans pouring over the border are armed with things like ragged clothing and the occasional water bottle. I even saw one woman armed with a small suitcase and a baby. She could take out a city block with a small suitcase and a baby.

Flee for your lives, Americans!!

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(January 2, 2023 at 6:53 am)h4ym4n Wrote:
(January 1, 2023 at 9:29 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: [Image: 7636tc.jpg][Image: 1d4]

Tell me are you in favour of crimes against humanity?

Oh wait, you're apologising for that shitstain on the arse of humanity, Greg Abbott. Of course you are.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 5752 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 594 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1681 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37