Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 3:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Absurd GOP
RE: The Absurd GOP
(April 7, 2023 at 9:04 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Is there no number of deaths too excessive to justify more limitations on the 2nd Amendment? 100,000 a year clearly isn't enough, what about 300,000? A million?

A number of deaths that exactly equals the number of names on NRA membership roster should be more or less sufficient to justify more limits on 2nd amendment.
Now they want a war with Mexico

Quote:Declaring war on Mexican cartels moves into GOP mainstream

Leading Republicans across the ideological spectrum are rallying behind an aggressive and controversial new approach to the fentanyl crisis: Bomb the cartels, with or without the permission of the Mexican government.

The once-fringe idea, championed in private by former President Trump, is becoming a mainstream policy priority within the GOP — including among congressional Republicans and 2024 presidential candidates.

As he develops his platform for a potential second term, Trump and his advisers have discussed options for military action against the cartels that include unilateral strikes and deploying troops on Mexican soil.

Two other GOP candidates currently in the race have laid out similar proposals in recent weeks:

Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, who visited the border Monday, has called for sending U.S. special forces into Mexico to attack the cartels "just like we dealt with ISIS," adding: "You tell the Mexican president, either you do it or we do it."

"Biden sits in the White House and watches the fentanyl crisis like he’s a bystander. I’ll use our military to annihilate the cartels," Republican candidate Vivek Ramaswamy tweeted.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said recently: "I can’t understand why we’re fighting a war in Ukraine, and we’re not bombing the Mexican cartels who are poisoning Americans every single day."

Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) grilled Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas at a hearing last week on why the U.S. is not doing more to destroy the cartels: "Quite frankly, we need to take the gloves off. They’re at war with us, we need to be at war with them."

The paper that proposes a formal declaration of war against the cartels was written by former Trump immigration official Ken Cuccinelli, who now leads a super PAC dedicated to supporting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' potential presidential campaign.

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/03/gops-wa...he-cartels
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
It should be illegal to be that stupid
Seriously
It's dangerous
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(April 9, 2023 at 2:28 am)Deesse23 Wrote: It should be illegal to be that stupid
Seriously
It's dangerous

illegality never stopped stupidity
Everytime a better idiot trap is produced, nature builds a bigger idiot.
(April 9, 2023 at 5:37 am)no one Wrote: Everytime a better idiot trap is produced, nature builds a bigger idiot.

Ie idiocy is mightier than wisdom.
On the subject of idiots, Lauren Boebert has claimed that the US Declaration of Independence includes personal property among the inalienable rights, 'depending on which version you want to go by'.

I was unaware than there are different versions of the Declaration.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
there is one version that exist in reality, and unknown, but certainly varying, number of different versions that exist in what can euphemistically be called imagination
Not only are they idiots but they want everyone to be an idiot.

Missouri House Republicans vote to defund libraries

Missouri House Republicans voted to defund all of the state’s public libraries, in a proposed $45.6 billion state budget that will soon move to a vote in the GOP-controlled state Senate.

Gov. Mike Parson ® proposed last January, cutting not only the $4.5 million Parson had slated for libraries, but also costs for diversity initiatives, childcare and pre-kindergarten programs.

Missouri House budget committee leader Rep. Cody Smith (R-Carthage) proposed cutting library aid due to a recent lawsuit filed against the state last February.

The lawsuit — filed by the ACLU of Missouri on behalf of the Missouri Association of School Librarians and the Missouri Library Association — seeks to declare Senate Bill 775 unconstitutional, a bill that has resulted in over 300 books getting banned from school libraries, many of which include LGBTQ characters or racial justice themes.

https://heartlandsignal.com/2023/04/11/m...libraries/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Taking a brave stand against evil, right thur. You have to wonder who wanted that money so badly they'd eat the optics.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 4800 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1356 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 12111 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1902 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 2110 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1298 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 3021 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP Jesus Minimalist 1 630 November 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3523 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1377 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist