Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 11:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses?
RE: Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses?
It's amazing that a conspiracist political movement doesn't see the plot right there on the end of their nose, isn't it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 24, 2023 at 4:34 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 24, 2023 at 1:48 am)WinterHold Wrote: Society was always dynamic.

Closed, anti-immigration societies die a cold death, just like Japan now. Birth rates in that society are scary and reached inhumane levels:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/13/asia/...index.html

Any society choosing the closed-borders model suffers the same conclusion.

Despite the popular examples of the positive effect of immigration on countries (like the European scientific evolution, fueling the economy of the region, ...etc):

https://www.bushcenter.org/catalyst/nort...eigh-costs

Anti immigration parties still fool the people with almost childish promises, and more serious and dangerous promises that cause direct depopulation and destruction for the economy.

In other words: when did anti-Immigration policy was good for humans; ever?
The conclusion of such policy is always cold death like Japan and northern Europe, or worse: being vanquished and swallowed by pro-immigration humans.

The CNN article cited the low birth rate among Japanese nationals as the reason for the decline in population. It's nothing to do with immigration. In fact, it mentions that Japan's immigration policies kept the number from being much, much worse.

As for Northern Europe, according to this , they seem to be doing pretty well regarding welcoming immigrants.

I don't disagree with your central point that immigration is a good thing, but I think you're shooting at the wrong targets.

Boru

Japan’s population decline is certainly not helped by its famously exclusionary attitude towards pools of perspective immigrants.    Japan’s immigration rate is a fraction of what it could be and what it could be would reverse japan’s population decline.

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but the US would be under similar population pressure now if it had maintained a similar anti-immigrate policy after WWII as it had adopted before.
We aready have more people than the planet can support!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

then, letting people from poor countries, immigrate into richer countries is a good thing, because their fertility rates go down as a fertility rate of all people do when they become wealthier, have access to better medical care, so it becomes a more rational decision to invest a lot in a few offsprings, then investing a little in each of many
(July 15, 2023 at 1:50 pm)zebo-the-fat Wrote: We aready have more people than the planet can support!

We don't.  Though we certainly have more people than we're willing to support, even though the loss of those people could quickly leave us incapable of supporting ourselves.

Imagine how many people we're going to need to build our greener future. A Global New Deal. Then it has to be maintained. Why are we doing any of it, really, if we think there should be fewer of us anyway? We don't have to do anything to accomplish that future. We could just sit around with our thumbs up our asses while this rock annihilates poor people here and there. It's pretty good at that. Once they're all dead, the next poorest group will be the new poor, rinse and repeat ad infinitum...until one person is sitting on the full bounty of the entire earth, possessing all of it's resources but incapable of doing anything with them....and with his final breath I'm sure he'll say "but there were too many people!".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 15, 2023 at 12:38 pm)Lek Wrote:
(July 15, 2023 at 4:13 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: (Bold mine)

How many countries in the world do you imagine have uncontrolled immigration?

Boru
The US has little control at our borders.

In 2022, various law-enforcement types arrested 2.4 million immigrants at your southern border. That hardly sounds like a lack of control.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(July 15, 2023 at 12:55 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(July 15, 2023 at 12:38 pm)Lek Wrote: The US has little control at our borders.

You've tested that theory, I take it?  Lined up some tanks and tried an incursion?  

Stop it.  The us-mexico border is one of the largest and most heavily militarized and defended borders on earth, crossing through vast stretches of inhospitable terrain that is difficult to cross in any meaningful way, flanked by adequate supply and logistics and infrastructure and assets to stonewall any attempt until fucking doomsday.  

That's just a thing that racists say when they want to complaoin about mexicans in polite company..and if that's not you, then stop saying it.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-imm...023-update
(July 15, 2023 at 2:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 15, 2023 at 12:38 pm)Lek Wrote: The US has little control at our borders.

In 2022, various law-enforcement types arrested 2.4 million immigrants at your southern border. That hardly sounds like a lack of control.

Boru
Most of them are given a court appearance date and released. Most of the time they don't show up.
(July 15, 2023 at 2:58 pm)Lek Wrote:
(July 15, 2023 at 2:45 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In 2022, various law-enforcement types arrested 2.4 million immigrants at your southern border. That hardly sounds like a lack of control.

Boru
Most of them are given a court appearance date and released. Most of the time they don't show up.

Citation needed.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 15, 2023 at 2:56 pm)Lek Wrote:
(July 15, 2023 at 12:55 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: You've tested that theory, I take it?  Lined up some tanks and tried an incursion?  

Stop it.  The us-mexico border is one of the largest and most heavily militarized and defended borders on earth, crossing through vast stretches of inhospitable terrain that is difficult to cross in any meaningful way, flanked by adequate supply and logistics and infrastructure and assets to stonewall any attempt until fucking doomsday.  

That's just a thing that racists say when they want to complaoin about mexicans in polite company..and if that's not you, then stop saying it.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-imm...023-update

Haha. Citing a hate group does you no favors.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are you Anti-Political? Disagreeable 52 2866 April 7, 2022 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Oracle
  What do you think about the immigration crisis? FlatAssembler 37 4563 February 21, 2022 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: highdimensionman
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1976 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti Cop Apologist Memes The Architect Of Fate 18 2091 June 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2249 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Who Still Thinks Joe Biden Will Be The Nomine? ReptilianPeon 90 7426 March 11, 2020 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1678 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Illegal Immigration Lek 183 15846 February 15, 2019 at 3:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti Trans And Why It Fails Amarok 78 8335 December 27, 2018 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Amarok
  How to fix immigration. onlinebiker 5 502 November 30, 2018 at 10:33 am
Last Post: brewer