Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 9:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade
RE: Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade
(July 14, 2023 at 2:46 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(July 11, 2023 at 3:08 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: Well, I am a computer science student, so that was the first thing that fell on my mind.

What does a Farady cage look like?

I don't know, I've only read about it in books and heard about it at the university lectures. I've never seen either a photograph of it or it in real life.
It's a damn shame that this computer student can't find anything on the Internet.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 16, 2023 at 1:43 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(July 14, 2023 at 2:46 am)Deesse23 Wrote: What does a Farady cage look like?

I don't know, I've only read about it in books and heard about it at the university lectures. I've never seen either a photograph of it or it in real life.

If you don't know what a Faraday cage looks like, why would you assume a prison looks like a Faraday cage?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 16, 2023 at 1:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 16, 2023 at 1:43 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: I don't know, I've only read about it in books and heard about it at the university lectures. I've never seen either a photograph of it or it in real life.

If you don't know what a Faraday cage looks like, why would you assume a prison looks like a Faraday cage?

Boru

What else would those metal bars be? We know, per the Karl Popper's Principle of Rationality, that it's not really a prison.
Pop a peck of Karl Poppers pimply principles.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 16, 2023 at 1:43 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(July 14, 2023 at 2:46 am)Deesse23 Wrote: What does a Farady cage look like?

And looking at a prison gate, your first thought is that it is a faraday cage, something you only have read about and never have seen either as a pic or in real life?! Dodgy
Does it often happen to you that you identify something you dont know as something ELSE you dont know?
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
I thought I had a large dog crate. Now I know it's really a Faraday Cage. It has metal bars. What else could it be? I was duped into buying it.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(July 16, 2023 at 2:39 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(July 16, 2023 at 1:48 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If you don't know what a Faraday cage looks like, why would you assume a prison looks like a Faraday cage?

Boru

What else would those metal bars be? We know, per the Karl Popper's Principle of Rationality, that it's not really a prison.

This is a Faraday cage:

[Image: CAT-Faraday-Cages.jpg]

This is a prison:

[Image: 1200px-Freo_prison_WMAU_gnangarra-131.jpg]

If you squint and tilt your head a little, you can almost see the difference.

Also, I’ve already explained to you why the Principle of Rationality doesn’t apply here.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 16, 2023 at 3:08 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 16, 2023 at 2:39 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: What else would those metal bars be? We know, per the Karl Popper's Principle of Rationality, that it's not really a prison.

This is a Faraday cage:

[Image: CAT-Faraday-Cages.jpg]

This is a prison:

[Image: 1200px-Freo_prison_WMAU_gnangarra-131.jpg]

If you squint and tilt your head a little, you can almost see the difference.

Also, I’ve already explained to you why the Principle of Rationality doesn’t apply here.

Boru
It's almost like they are designed to keep people in or out
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 16, 2023 at 2:54 pm)Deesse23 Wrote:
(July 16, 2023 at 1:43 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: I don't know, I've only read about it in books and heard about it at the university lectures. I've never seen either a photograph of it or it in real life.

And looking at a prison gate, your first thought is that it is a faraday cage, something you only have read about and never have seen either as a pic or in real life?! Dodgy
Does it often happen to you that you identify something you dont know as something ELSE you dont know?

Yes, it happened to me when I thought airplanes might be dragons.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 14079 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6954 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 305 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 6360 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 6539 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 17622 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2892 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Your Villain Is Served - Middle Aged White Man Duty 15 1159 December 27, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Protests in Belgrade FlatAssembler 3 315 July 16, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks - Hysterical White Middle Class BLM Activism Duty 31 2090 July 1, 2020 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU