Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 11:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
It is in my nature to send it back times three.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Well, if you want to make an equally disrespectful comment about my sexuality x3 I will permit it.
That thought was not in relation to you.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 31, 2023 at 2:00 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: That thought was not in relation to you.

Ah, sorry for the confusion. It had been said I'd been disrespectful you, and it all got muddled in my head. Silly internet. 👍
Why do people care so much about their meaningless jobs? Why are they so invested in something so utterly boring and trivial?
(November 1, 2023 at 3:50 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: Why do people care so much about their meaningless jobs?  Why are they so invested in something so utterly boring and trivial?

Probably because they're addicted to trivialities like living indoors and eating food on at least a semi-regular basis.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(November 1, 2023 at 3:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 1, 2023 at 3:50 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: Why do people care so much about their meaningless jobs?  Why are they so invested in something so utterly boring and trivial?

Probably because they're addicted to trivialities like living indoors and eating food on at least a semi-regular basis.

Boru

Lol, it's not having a job that I was referring to.

I meant why do they take an unnecessary interest in it?  Why are they protective over it?  Why do they argue and get upset about workplace issues, work unpaid overtime, treat co-workers the way they do, act like losing their stapler or Geoff being 10 mins late with a spreadsheet or Susan wearing a new blouse is the most dramatic thing in the world?
(November 1, 2023 at 3:56 am)FrustratedFool Wrote:
(November 1, 2023 at 3:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Probably because they're addicted to trivialities like living indoors and eating food on at least a semi-regular basis.

Boru

Lol, it's not having a job that I was referring to.

I meant why do they take an unnecessary interest in it?  Why are they protective over it?  Why do they argue and get upset about workplace issues, work unpaid overtime, treat co-workers the way they do, act like losing their stapler or Geoff being 10 mins late with a spreadsheet or Susan wearing a new blouse is the most dramatic thing in the world?

Taking an interest in your job seems necessary, particularly in the current work environment.

People are protective over their jobs because keeping one is often easier than looking for one.

Workplace issues can affect how you do your job.

People who don't work unpaid overtime may get sacked.

The answer to the rest of your questions is 'People tend towards awfulness'. If someone is petty and vindictive on the job, it's likely that they're that way all the time.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Yeah, I'm going to go with something else. Those things generally don't apply to the kind of people and behaviour I'm thinking about.

It seems they derive a sense of meaning from their work because they have little else in their life. It acts as an anesthetic from the pain of a mundane life. Maybe the drama comes from boredom and a desire to be important or engaged in some adventure. Also, they tend to be small-minded types as well.

The pettiness and smallness is a source of frustration to me. Sometimes I want to shake people and see if they are actually alive. But I also feel that I am the same as them, and that underneath they are a conscious being with real emotions and deep thoughts and concerns above the trivial, it's just they feel oppressed by the social system around them and they hide because they don't know what else to do. And so they moan about irrelevant meaningless garbage and I nod and smile in return and all the time both of us are inside screaming.
It's werewolves, not swearwolves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2756 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2335 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2696 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2533 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 6566 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2384 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1342 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1395 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 990 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1241 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous