Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2024, 6:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
(January 20, 2024 at 6:38 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: Baldur's Gate 3 gives the phrase close, but no dice quite the perspective.

Gotta say, I love seeing how obsessed you are with that game... I'm glad you've found something that brings you so much joy Smile
I can forgive Robert E. Howard - a slenderly educated pulp writer from Texas - for making the Atlantis fable part of his Hyborean mythos, but I can’t forgive Tolkien for doing the same with Middle Earth. As a philologist, the good professor should have known better.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
My left knee decided to get all swollen and sore overnight. Welcome to Monday!
After a couple random days that weren't horrible in between the cold as hell days, we thought there was some hope for better weather. Nope - it's been raining for hours and the weatherpeople can't decide if we will also get snow and/or ice. Regardless, it's not much fun with three dogs who have to do out at some point and I don't think waiting till Thursday or Friday is an option.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(January 22, 2024 at 10:38 am)Nanny Wrote: My left knee decided to get all swollen and sore overnight. Welcome to Monday!

That stinks, hope you feel better soon.

When husband was a teen he was in a motorcycle accident and broke his kneecap among other damage.  Six months in a cast from his ankle to his ass (as he puts it) didn't save him from random knee days.

I miss the caveman commercials.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
(January 22, 2024 at 11:00 am)arewethereyet Wrote: After a couple random days that weren't horrible in between the cold as hell days, we thought there was some hope for better weather.  Nope - it's been raining for hours and the weatherpeople can't decide if we will also get snow and/or ice.  Regardless, it's not much fun with three dogs who have to do out at some point and I don't think waiting till Thursday or Friday is an option.

Time for a yard umbrella?

Look at the bright side, you don't have to shovel snow drifts to clear a spot.
(January 22, 2024 at 1:32 pm)brewer Wrote:
(January 22, 2024 at 11:00 am)arewethereyet Wrote: After a couple random days that weren't horrible in between the cold as hell days, we thought there was some hope for better weather.  Nope - it's been raining for hours and the weatherpeople can't decide if we will also get snow and/or ice.  Regardless, it's not much fun with three dogs who have to do out at some point and I don't think waiting till Thursday or Friday is an option.

Time for a yard umbrella?

That is true.  However, the black clay soil here is slow to absorb the rain and turns into something that is nearly impossible to remove from puppy feet.  A large portion of the backyard is currently under water.

(January 22, 2024 at 1:30 pm)brewer Wrote: I miss the caveman commercials.

I like Mayhem.  Most of those Allstate commercial are pretty funny...not all, but a lot of them.

(January 22, 2024 at 1:43 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(January 22, 2024 at 1:32 pm)brewer Wrote: Time for a yard umbrella?

That is true.  However, the black clay soil here is slow to absorb the rain and turns into something that is nearly impossible to remove from puppy feet.  A large portion of the backyard is currently under water.

Sounds like you need a hill, take away the vacuum and give him a shovel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2811 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2353 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2774 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2555 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 6615 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2396 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1353 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1407 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 995 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1243 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous