Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 8:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeopathy
RE: Homeopathy
(March 11, 2012 at 2:51 am)Phil Wrote:
(March 11, 2012 at 2:39 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I am saying that my doctor/ medical practitioner has recommended that I use a 20% Hyper-tonic solution to assist in clearing my nasal sinuses at monthly intervals minimum.
Calling bullshit. There is not a licensed medical doctor in the world that would do that. And if there is, they should lose their license without a moments hesitation.

It is widely use here in Australia... of the four medical doctors who have assessed my condition all have recommended the use of this product.... again at discretionary intervals.

Mind you I am not so sure that my condition specifics have really been clearly defined so ...the products I am using are....

[Image: sinu-cleanse.png]
http://www.fess.com.au/products#fess-sin...tion-spray

[Image: Symbicort%20200-6%20R.jpg]
http://www.symbicort.com/

[Image: d-1658-1487.jpg]

http://www.nps.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_...cpolar.pdf

All this to manage an allergy, asthma, sinusitis condition that I acquired from a bout of local "what ever was making the rounds of the community" flu back in 2009

As for "Aromatherpy" I just love the nice smell my spa water has when I use the essential oils (they are frightfully expensive but worth every drop!) and I think after a week of being on the go both Zen and I enjoy our "Spa-Night" as we find it relaxing. A nice massage with fragranced Oil (usually ExtraVirgin Olive Oil with a few drops of Patchouli or Sandalwood) or Body cream is a nice way to end the working week...at least Zen seems to think so and his poor skin gets some much needed moisturiser.

That's about the extent of my stupidity Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 11, 2012 at 3:22 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(March 11, 2012 at 2:51 am)Phil Wrote:
(March 11, 2012 at 2:39 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: I am saying that my doctor/ medical practitioner has recommended that I use a 20% Hyper-tonic solution to assist in clearing my nasal sinuses at monthly intervals minimum.
Calling bullshit. There is not a licensed medical doctor in the world that would do that. And if there is, they should lose their license without a moments hesitation.

It is widely use here in Australia... of the four medical doctors who have assessed my condition all have recommended the use of this product.... again at discretionary intervals.

Mind you I am not so sure that my condition specifics have really been clearly defined so ...the products I am using are....

[Image: sinu-cleanse.png]
http://www.fess.com.au/products#fess-sin...tion-spray

[Image: Symbicort%20200-6%20R.jpg]
http://www.symbicort.com/

[Image: d-1658-1487.jpg]

http://www.nps.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_...cpolar.pdf

All this to manage an allergy, asthma, sinusitis condition that I acquired from a bout of local "what ever was making the rounds of the community" flu back in 2009

As for "Aromatherpy" I just love the nice smell my spa water has when I use the essential oils (they are frightfully expensive but worth every drop!) and I think after a week of being on the go both Zen and I enjoy our "Spa-Night" as we find it relaxing. A nice massage with fragranced Oil (usually ExtraVirgin Olive Oil with a few drops of Patchouli or Sandalwood) or Body cream is a nice way to end the working week...at least Zen seems to think so and his poor skin gets some much needed moisturiser.

That's about the extent of my stupidity Tongue

1. Irrigation is not the same as a decongestant spray which is what you were talking about.

2. A medical doctor would not recommend a 10 or 20 percent saline solution as a decongestant spray.

3. You really need to be more careful with your choice of words. There is a huge difference between a decongestant spray and what was a common technique in ayurvedic medicine.

4. Way back in the ancient days of 2009 a link was established between long term use of hypertonic saline nasal irrigation and an increase in nasal infections. So your alternative practitioner was apparently ill informed as all of them are.
That is some pretty hefty shit, is that prescription or otc in Australia?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 11, 2012 at 3:22 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: As for "Aromatherpy" I just love the nice smell my spa water has when I use the essential oils (they are frightfully expensive but worth every drop!) and I think after a week of being on the go both Zen and I enjoy our "Spa-Night" as we find it relaxing. A nice massage with fragranced Oil (usually ExtraVirgin Olive Oil with a few drops of Patchouli or Sandalwood) or Body cream is a nice way to end the working week...at least Zen seems to think so and his poor skin gets some much needed moisturiser.

Who brought up Aromawoo?
(March 11, 2012 at 2:15 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:homeopathic nasal spray.

Rick Santorum doesn't approve of homo anything.

Tell him he's a Homo-sapien and watch him arc upBig Grin
Fess can be bought in supermarkets, the other stuff Kichi is on was prescribed by a GP.

I use Fess. The amount of saline you get up your nose is far less than what you would get swimming in the ocean( which is about 5ks from our place)
BTW, do you use flyspray in the house?

If so, stop complaining about a bit of salt up the nose.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(March 11, 2012 at 4:00 am)Phil Wrote:
(March 11, 2012 at 3:22 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: As for "Aromatherpy" I just love the nice smell my spa water has when I use the essential oils (they are frightfully expensive but worth every drop!) and I think after a week of being on the go both Zen and I enjoy our "Spa-Night" as we find it relaxing. A nice massage with fragranced Oil (usually ExtraVirgin Olive Oil with a few drops of Patchouli or Sandalwood) or Body cream is a nice way to end the working week...at least Zen seems to think so and his poor skin gets some much needed moisturiser.

Who brought up Aromawoo?

And you say you are in the "medical field"? If so then you will know perfectly well that any chemo therapy is enhanced IF the patient is is a relaxed state. The theory being is that we live such frenetic lives full of stressors that the edict of "keep the Sabbath holy" is translated to "have some down time" even if it is only a spa at the end of the week.

You have not have an aromatic spa bath? You poor we thing. you should try it sometime Big Grin

No one gives you a massage?? You poor wee thing... clearly you are missing out. Tongue

IF you ARE in the Medical field you will also be aware that giving advise over the internet is taboo... what your post have so far indicated is that I should disregard my government certified medical partitioner's recommendations and follow YOURS..are you trying to be a guru??

STOP IT!! Big Grin

As I have said before Phil (and I love you to bits!! Heart ) I am NOT into woo but into what is medically sound and what works. I work with my medical practitioners and between us we achieve a level of quality of life that has minimal pharmacological interference as possible.

So tell me...

Where are you living on this rock??
What soil type are you living on?? (clay, loam, sand)
Have you ever lived in Australia??
Just EXACTLY WHAT in "the medical profession" is your qualifications??
Why should I disregard anything my certified doctor/ general practitioner has to say in favour of YOUR woo??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 11, 2012 at 6:03 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: IF you ARE in the Medical field you will also be aware that giving advise over the internet is taboo... what your post have so far indicated is that I should disregard my government certified medical partitioner's recommendations and follow YOURS..are you trying to be a guru??

What medical advice and recommendations have I given you as either an MD, Nurse Practitioner or Pharmacist? If the answer is none, why are you accusing me of doing it?
(March 11, 2012 at 3:52 am)Rhythm Wrote: That is some pretty hefty shit, is that prescription or otc in Australia?

Yes it is Rhythm...and I am NOT happy about it... the medications ARE recommended by a certified medical practitioner (government)

There was some "bug" that swept through our community here in Australia that has left many with asthma like symptoms and until it is sorted these are the "drug of choice" that our medicos are left with to deal with the issue....

AntiViral medications are viewed as "No value" by our government and so we are left with this mish-mash of treatment for our population... I don't like it but there you have it.

The Anti-Histamines are at my own discretion along with Ventolin and Prednisone, Symbicort and Polaramine. So far my regime is Symbicort TDi 0.8mg (morning and night) Polaramine when the wind has blown up enough dust that I find it hard to sleep (because my sinuses are so totally blocked) and Ventolin when the wind and heat is at such levels that I am unable to breathe even with Aircon.... The FESS is of assistance in clearing my poor blocked sinuses and allow me to breathe through my nose which I am assured by the Asthma Foundation of Australia is preferable (than breathing through my throat) in which case this product is a godsend. And of course the old stand=by of meditation breathing techniques that are also of assistance....NONE of these will "CURE" me but they ARE of assistance and therefore (for all the woo that surrounds them) are worthy of consideration in the total treatment of the patient.

So tell me Rhythm...should your shoulder be dislocated do you take a pill to re-locate it?? If you don't then you are using chiropractic-therapy
(March 11, 2012 at 6:21 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: So tell me Rhythm...should your shoulder be dislocated do you take a pill to re-locate it?? If you don't then you are using chiropractic-therapy

Where did he bring up chiropractic? It isn't woo as far as manipulation goes and actual doctors (DO and MD) will use some to an extent but to claim it cures disease is woo.
Feel your pain when it comes to not being able to breath your nose. I have a pretty severely deviated nasal septum. Couldn't explain for the life of me why I've never had anything done about it, but I'm usually breathing out of one nostril max, on the best of days. Others, I'm walking around talking like a duck (that's right, it's an uncomfortable deformity that grants me the barry whitey voice, lol). Sucks balls. As far as dislocated shoulders (and other joints) I've availed myself of your everyday run of the mill medical practitioners, sometimes in the ER, and an ever increasing regimen of physical therapists. I wouldn't let a chiropractor touch me if he paid me. No clue what chiropractors are where you're from, over here it's an insurance scam. It grew out of our auto insurance industry's desire to send you anywhere but a doctor in the event of an accident, too expensive.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homeopathy effective for 0 out of 68 illnesses zebo-the-fat 15 2431 February 22, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Living in Death
  Homeopathy : Some Reference Needed swami-sam-ananda 18 5078 January 14, 2013 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Homeopathy is GARBAGE. Creed of Heresy 35 10820 April 18, 2012 at 4:54 am
Last Post: Tiberius