Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does God Exist?
RE: Why Does God Exist?
(March 18, 2012 at 7:45 pm)elunico13 Wrote: How do you determine the correct interpretation of others senses with your own if you can't depend on them?

How do you define god? How do you define proof of god? If our senses cannot be trusted how do we know we are reading the bible right? How do we know we are not actually the imagination of a really clever sleeping goldfish? How do we know you exist? How many legs do you have? Are you god? What is a god anyway? What are the properties of a god? How do we know the properties of god if we cannot trust any of our senses? Where is god? How do we know where god is? How many gods are there and how can we know for certain? Im not sure if I have hands I cant trust my eyes. do I have hands?

DUDE YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!
(March 18, 2012 at 7:45 pm)elunico13 Wrote: How do you determine the correct interpretation of others senses with your own if you can't depend on them?

Evolution. Get it???

To the OP:

Because God has electrolytes.
And elunico13, by the way, you have managed to dodge the entire essence of my topic - why does god have to exist? All the things you are describing are post its existence.
@elunico13 Its incredible easy to ask a shit load of loaded questions. I think its about time a theist sat his ass down and answered ours instead of questioning us.
(March 18, 2012 at 7:49 pm)Ace Otana Wrote:

Evidence. Remember we must work with what we've got. Principles help a great deal. Like Occam's Razer and the like. I'm not surprised that you don't understand. God did it, must of been the only answer you've ever used.

What you're telling me is this visciuosly circular reasoning process you use. You're telling me you use what you've got, your senses, using your senses. That's like saying the sky is blue because its blue.
James Holmes acted consistent with what evolution teaches. He evolved from an animal, and when he murdered those people, He acted like one. You can't say he's wrong since evolution made him that way.
(March 18, 2012 at 7:58 pm)elunico13 Wrote: You're telling me you use what you've got, your senses, using your senses. That's like saying the sky is blue because its blue.

Senses which have developed overtime through the process of evolution. Now where is your evidence of god without circular reasoning from the bible?
And dude, the sky is not blue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayleigh_scattering

(March 18, 2012 at 7:58 pm)elunico13 Wrote: What you're telling me is this visciuosly circular reasoning process you use. You're telling me you use what you've got, your senses, using your senses. That's like saying the sky is blue because its blue.

Obviously you know nothing about 'evidence'. I guess you wouldn't would you?

You wanna answer Insanity X's post above? I think he made a rather good point.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(March 18, 2012 at 7:58 pm)elunico13 Wrote: What you're telling me is this visciuosly circular reasoning process you use. You're telling me you use what you've got, your senses, using your senses. That's like saying the sky is blue because its blue.

Once again you ignore the questions. Scientific evidence has worked pretty fucking well up to this point. See that computer in front of you? Believe that is there? Yeah science, math, observation and technology bitch.

Plus your basically saying we can't be sure anything exists. And I somewhat agree. Who the hell knows for certain? But just turn the same logic back on to your pathetic god and see what happens.
God, this is boring. Who wants to do something more productive and give me a massage?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 3298 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 155260 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 3433 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 7164 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Silver 184 17073 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  What do you believe in that hasnt been proven to exist? goombah111 197 27590 March 5, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1524 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 9417 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7921 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 5401 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler