Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 2, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fossils foot bones hint at mystery walker
RE: Fossils foot bones hint at mystery walker
(March 30, 2012 at 8:27 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Damnit! now I want a croco-duck!

they sound AWESOME!

They are! Scientists in Utah are now computing how many lbs of bite force its jaws were capable of generating. Rough estimates have it on a par with T.Rex' crushing power. Big Grin
Quote:Scientists in Utah

Translation: Mormon asswipes.
I think that the best evidence that Kirk Cameron has against evolution is himself. That guy is...something.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
Could be bones from a monkey or human who died recently. Who the hell was there to see if the bones really did belong to a walker or crawler or swimmer or runner Big Grin
You are very illiterate aren't you Christian?? 12 years of public education wasted??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 31, 2012 at 6:11 am)Christian Wrote: Could be bones from a monkey or human who died recently. Who the hell was there to see if the bones really did belong to a walker or crawler or swimmer or runner Big Grin

There's this thing called "carbon dating".
You should look it up before typing anything.

In fact, fossiles aren't even bone. They're a mineral due to the bone decaying and being used as a mold for sediments with extreme age. If it was recent it would hardly be a fossil, would it?
Christian is 'Methodist educated" R-e-n-n-a-t ...all statements to the effect that he/ she has no knowledge at all?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Christian deserves kudos for that. I laughed a great deal.
Cunt
(March 31, 2012 at 6:11 am)Christian Wrote: Could be bones from a monkey or human who died recently. Who the hell was there to see if the bones really did belong to a walker or crawler or swimmer or runner Big Grin

Who was there to see a living god perform miracles and then be crucified? You seem so willing to discard physical evidence along grounds that would damn your spiritual beliefs, but how they've escaped the axe and a fossil has not is a complete mystery, eh?

(you seem to be a little less than informed with regards to what a fossil is and how fossilization occurs, but you hardly need to learn this to realize that your criticism only holds water if it holds water in all cases, which for you, it does not)

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 31, 2012 at 6:13 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: You are very illiterate aren't you Christian?? 12 years of public education wasted??

More like undone by reading an old book of fairy tales.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitional Forms/Fossils QuackeryDetection 15 2266 November 12, 2022 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Amazing What The Bones Can Tell Us Minimalist 3 704 May 24, 2016 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced zebo-the-fat 16 4739 May 31, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Worom
  AF's very own list of Transitional Fossils Duke Guilmon 21 11435 December 3, 2014 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  The Cambrian Mystery Mudhammam 9 3037 January 24, 2014 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  7,000 Year Old Caveman Bones Found; Oldest Modern Human DNA Annik 13 10389 July 2, 2012 at 2:23 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mystery of horse taming 'solved' by gene study frankiej 8 4160 May 10, 2012 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Transitional fossils FallentoReason 28 17592 May 7, 2012 at 5:40 am
Last Post: Jovian
  Lost Darwin Fossils Rediscovered frankiej 5 3469 January 17, 2012 at 10:55 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Banishing consciousness: the mystery of anaesthesia orogenicman 5 2250 December 2, 2011 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda