Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People who mocked god and lived.
People who mocked god and lived.
Christopher Hitchens: Spent much of his life debating religious individuals, came out with several books on the subject, one in particular of which is virtually the handbook guide for the new atheist/reasonable theist to understand the philosophical and moral dilemmas of religion, named "god is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything." Considered one of the greatest debaters for atheism and a potent force of wit and reason, he died of pneumonia resulting as a complication of cancer in his esophagus, which he readily admitted he had brought on himself...by smoking. If he had not been such a heavy smoker, chances are he'd still be alive. It was his choice to smoke.

Creed of Heresy: Has been a heretic for six years or so, and his quality of life was absolute shit while he was a christian, and it has steadily been improving since he became a heretic.

Many other inidividuals on this forum: Many of them pronounce their absolute lack of faith and contempt for god and religion. None of them have suddenly and inexplicably suffered a sudden or painful death.

David Niose: The president of the American Humanist Association and author of Nonbeliever Nation: The Rise of Secular Americans. Still alive.

As you can see, there are many non-believers that are very much alive and have been atheists or secularists, and many of which have mocked god, and are in some way or another in the public face. As we can clearly see, god does not smite the nonbelievers. Big Grin

ROFLOL
RE: People who mocked god and lived.
Just by mere coincidences, when I was a devout catholic, I has financial issues. I was in debt, a looser in life. I was gaining weight like crazy and prone to illness almost every second day. Every second of every minute, I used to ask god for mercy.

After renouncing my beliefs, my life improved gradually. 6 years later, I am free of debt, own a nice car and enjoying life to the fullest. I have dropped 15 pounds and healthy as a horse. For those theists who are wondering, this is nothing to do with the renouncement of my beliefs. Rather I attribute it to my own will power. I convinced myself to get off my ass and do something instead of depending on some mythical character to do everything on my behalf. Its the realization that you are responsible for your own deeds that changed my life. As someone rightly said, "Only the weak minded turn to a higher being when they do not believe in themselves".

And yes, after years of mocking imaginary characters such as god, Santa, FSM, pixies, etc, I am still alive.
I have in the past invited jesus freaks to fervently pray that their phony fucking god strike me dead to prove he existed.

Either they are shitty prayers or there is no god because I am still here mocking all the motherfuckers.
(April 23, 2012 at 2:51 am)Minimalist Wrote: I have in the past invited jesus freaks to fervently pray that their phony fucking god strike me dead to prove he existed.

Either they are shitty prayers or there is no god because I am still here mocking all the motherfuckers.

As well he should. Supposedly the only unforgivable sin is to reject the 'holy ghost.' And smiting a man committing the unforgivable sin would strengthen their faith. Win-win.

Waaait I'm trying to bring logic into this... XD
Phil - Been mocking god and calling him a deadbeat daddy and rapist for 50 years and I'm still somewhat alive.
It gets like that doesn't it?? Big Grin

50 something years down the track and STILL Living and doing very well thank you very much and not ONE PEEP out of this "god-thingy"

Angel Cloud Amazing
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I don't usually go about mocking "God" or any of the characters, any more than I mock Davros, Khan, Herman Munster or that dream I had last night. However I can give it a go:

I defy Yahweh, Jehovah (please don't stone me, even if you do blow that whistle), Jesus, the Holy Ghost, and all of the over three thousand other gods, goddesses, demigods and deities that mankind has dreamed up to control their fellow men. I also defy the FSM and the Invisible Pink Unicorn - but not Ceiling Cat or his only-begotten son Happy Cat, obviously. Apart from that, I mock them all.

Start the clock.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
[Image: 130199589187.jpg]

[Image: funny-pictures-ceiling-cat-cloud.jpg]
Purchase your copies of "The LOL Cat Bible" today!! ^_^

Link
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 23, 2012 at 7:46 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote:
(April 23, 2012 at 2:51 am)Minimalist Wrote: I have in the past invited jesus freaks to fervently pray that their phony fucking god strike me dead to prove he existed.

As well he should. Supposedly the only unforgivable sin is to reject the 'holy ghost.' And smiting a man committing the unforgivable sin would strengthen their faith. Win-win.

Waaait I'm trying to bring logic into this... XD

I spent another day occasionally mocking the whole pantheon of xtian grandees and feeling no worse for wear.

God is either inept or a big pussy,

(Cue Rayaan for another cat meme.)
Out of boredom I went to church on sunday. I listened to the words the preacher spoke; bland, vapid, old platitudes, basically. When it came time to pray, my prayer was as follows:

"Dear god. I have sexual dreams about fucking your female angels in the ass and nutting on their faces. I usually retain the memories of these dreams to take care of my morning business.

Just thought I'd let you know; I'm dreamfucking your messengers. amen."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 611 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 70993 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Why is it okay when God kills people? Cecelia 107 28300 May 19, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: SteveII
  God said People who have Flat Noses Canot Serve Him Rhondazvous 177 21910 May 3, 2016 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Question Why did God let people think demons cause epilepsy? Razzle 34 7789 May 22, 2015 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Drich
  God won't save you because of gay people. Foxaèr 16 3870 December 22, 2014 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12897 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Two people reproduced 7 billion people. Phish 61 24333 April 10, 2013 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: John V
  God is Real and seen By People Christian 46 13923 January 23, 2013 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Why are some people too ugly for god? Brakeman 42 14224 December 2, 2012 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Brakeman