Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 8:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soul creation
RE: Soul creation
Once again for the ironic win, wearing the sackcloth shorts and weighing in at 1824 pages of everlovin' bombast, Godssssssssss ..... Child!
Trying to update my sig ...
Godschild Wrote:I, like all other Christians am not special, we're saved by the grace of God, nothing we did, a wonderful gift we accepted into our lives.
I'm only stating the mental disorders you guys share, don't get so excited, if you did not want them brought up you should keep the info to yourself or do it in a private manner. I never called anyone on any certain thing, and I never said anything about life not being hard, sure it's hard, God however has given all of us a way to handle life, it's in scripture, all that's needed is to read and believe. I know Christians who do struggle, they however neglect the teachings in scripture that can help and they will readily admit it, why they do not learn is beyond me.

Only stating the mental disorder we share? Bullshit. You mentioned our disorders and then claimed that you have normal minds and lives. The implications of that are quite clear. Own up to what you say and don't back down from your ignorance. It is there for everyone to see, so trying to shy away from it when you are called out does you no good.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I make an effort to understand what the bible says about stuff like this. Because a lot of Christians believe in what the bible says about certain things.

So from reading the New Testament, I have inferred the following.

We are composed of two sorts of stuff, which are the following;

The first stuff is material and that makes up our bodies.
The second kind of stuff is immaterial and makes up minds or souls.

After we die the soul is separated from the body and either goes to heaven or hell. Then at the last judgement everybody is resurrected into new bodies and either enter the "lake of fire" or the new heavens and earth.
undefined
(June 15, 2012 at 6:31 am)Faith No More Wrote:
Godschild Wrote:I, like all other Christians am not special, we're saved by the grace of God, nothing we did, a wonderful gift we accepted into our lives.
I'm only stating the mental disorders you guys share, don't get so excited, if you did not want them brought up you should keep the info to yourself or do it in a private manner. I never called anyone on any certain thing, and I never said anything about life not being hard, sure it's hard, God however has given all of us a way to handle life, it's in scripture, all that's needed is to read and believe. I know Christians who do struggle, they however neglect the teachings in scripture that can help and they will readily admit it, why they do not learn is beyond me.

Only stating the mental disorder we share? Bullshit. You mentioned our disorders and then claimed that you have normal minds and lives. The implications of that are quite clear. Own up to what you say and don't back down from your ignorance. It is there for everyone to see, so trying to shy away from it when you are called out does you no good.

I've backed away from nothing, You're letting your mind run away again.

(June 15, 2012 at 6:51 am)Justtristo Wrote: I make an effort to understand what the bible says about stuff like this. Because a lot of Christians believe in what the bible says about certain things.

So from reading the New Testament, I have inferred the following.

We are composed of two sorts of stuff, which are the following;

The first stuff is material and that makes up our bodies.
The second kind of stuff is immaterial and makes up minds or souls.

After we die the soul is separated from the body and either goes to heaven or hell. Then at the last judgement everybody is resurrected into new bodies and either enter the "lake of fire" or the new heavens and earth.

You are right about part but not all you have stated, you have to go back to Genesis to find the make up of man. In Genesis plants were made, this is the chemical life, our bodies are like this. The second creation was self awareness, this was given to all animals, this is also a part of man. Then God made man the physical, the self awareness, then He created the soul for man alone, so man could understand God and be aware of His greatness and ect. The soul is a gift from God so man could know Him and love Him, if they so choose.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: I'm going to regret this, I always do.

@GC, since you first claimed it was eternal, where in the Bible does it say man has an immortal soul?

Citations please.

2 Cor. 5:8 ...I say,and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home (present) with the Lord.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
And this is one of the "absolutely bloody literal" translation points?
(June 16, 2012 at 3:06 am)Epimethean Wrote: And this is one of the "absolutely bloody literal" translation points?

My New Revised Standard Version bible says much the same thing.

Yes we do have confidence, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord

2 Corinthians 5:8

This one of many bible verses (especially in the New Testament) which describes a mind/body dualism virtually to same to what the Platonists taught.

The Old Testament for the most part also subscribes to mind/body dualism, though much cruder than what you would find in the New Testament. The Old Testament writers equate mind/spirit with breath (hence the breath of life).
undefined
Nobody but nobody can answer the OPs questions, only theories can be put forward. This is mine.
If you first think of a goldfish in a fishbowl, swimming around in circles. That fish has not a clue what is outside that bowl. It doesn't know about the US, the UK, it won't know there are other rooms in the house even and so it is with us humans. We only know the planet or 'goldfish bowl' we are experiencing.
I think the soul comes from a mass of souls that we are all part of. I believe we come here to learn, jealousy/poverty/riches etc etc etc. It is the luck of the draw what type of earthly life we get. But when we die, we are reunited with the 'mass'.
What I do know for sure is that only the flesh dies not the mind. I have had several messages from dead people. Some of the info was about crime/murders. Each time, I passed the info to the police and later in each case the info proved to be spot on. ..i.e...the name of the criminals.
According to how one as lived life, that is how we will live in the next dimension. We are not judged by a God; we judge ourselves as to what we did with our earthly life. Such as Hitler will be in a hell he created because having returned to the mass, and then back to being a good soul, he cannot now put right what he did on earth. So for billions of years he will suffer until he moves on to a higher plane.
I do not believe there is a God.
(June 16, 2012 at 4:46 am)Justtristo Wrote:
(June 16, 2012 at 3:06 am)Epimethean Wrote: And this is one of the "absolutely bloody literal" translation points?

Yes we do have confidence, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord

This one of many bible verses (especially in the New Testament) which describes a mind/body dualism virtually to same to what the Platonists taught.

The Old Testament for the most part also subscribes to mind/body dualism, though much cruder than what you would find in the New Testament. The Old Testament writers equate mind/spirit with breath (hence the breath of life).

If so, then rubbish. Simple condition.
(June 16, 2012 at 4:46 am)Justtristo Wrote:

What I referred to was a triune man, as God is triune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution/creation video Drich 62 9901 January 15, 2020 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The universe is just one enormous 'Soul Filtering machine' Simon Moon 76 13685 September 29, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  I lost my Soul GoneGuy 212 33026 August 5, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 6091 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Tower of Bible and creation of languages mcolafson 41 6444 September 22, 2016 at 9:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creation Muesum Blondie 225 36518 October 31, 2015 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Biblical Creation and the Geological Record in Juxtaposition Rhondazvous 11 3919 June 7, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: dyresand
  What does the (hypothetical) soul take with it? emjay 37 8624 April 14, 2015 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Creation/evolution3 Drich 626 147705 February 10, 2015 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Creation "science" at its finest! Esquilax 22 7668 January 30, 2015 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Strongbad