Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soul creation
Soul creation
Can a theist member shed some light on the soul creation for me? As people get born on Earth at a rate of about 4 per second, this means new souls get conjured out of thin air (or stardust, or holy farts) by the big guy and get put into bodies. Some of them end up rich, some dirt poor and starve to death in Africa, some end up blowing themselves up somewhere in Afghanistan in the name of the wrong god. Or others become victims of too loving catholic priests. My question is how does your god chooses what happens to a new soul and why. There a a great number of wasted souls, like all the kids that die for various reasons before they can make a choice for themselves - good or bad. Where's the common sense that a supposedly superior creature that spends that much time on its creation should show?
I have no problem sharing a common ancestor with the apes; it's being related to some people that bothers me.
RE: Soul creation
Rhetoric 101 is three doors down.
Trying to update my sig ...
I personally don't know. However I do know those who seem to have it harder in this life, find God a whole lot easier. For we are told; It is the rich man who will find it easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle, than enter Heaven.
(June 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm)Drich Wrote: I personally don't know. However I do know those who seem to have it harder in this life, find God a whole lot easier. For we are told; It is the rich man who will find it easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle, than enter Heaven.
I didn't ask about finding the blimin' thing, actually can't hide from it. There's a whole bunch of churches of all colours and denominations within a stone throw. I was asking about how souls come to be and why, regardless of the belief of the soul beneficiary.
I have no problem sharing a common ancestor with the apes; it's being related to some people that bothers me.
(June 5, 2012 at 5:30 pm)Bravo Wrote:
(June 5, 2012 at 5:25 pm)Drich Wrote: I personally don't know. However I do know those who seem to have it harder in this life, find God a whole lot easier. For we are told; It is the rich man who will find it easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle, than enter Heaven.
I didn't ask about finding the blimin' thing, actually can't hide from it. There's a whole bunch of churches of all colours and denominations within a stone throw. I was asking about how souls come to be and why, regardless of the belief of the soul beneficiary.

To which you were provide an answer.

I can make something up if you like..
Drich Wrote:However I do know those who seem to have it harder in this life, find God a whole lot easier.

How do you know they find god more easily? How do you know it's not that the destitute feel so forsaken in this world that they are more likely to dream up a deity that has a purpose behind their suffering?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
How is this: We are all created in heaven first and we take a test and depending on how we test we are given a soul assignment. we are placed in this world according to our strengths and weakness, coupled with our effective reach or ablity to serve God.

(June 5, 2012 at 5:40 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Drich Wrote:However I do know those who seem to have it harder in this life, find God a whole lot easier.

How do you know they find god more easily?

Because of the bible quote I left.

Richman/eye of a need ...
(June 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm)Drich Wrote: To which you were provide an answer.

"I don't know" is not an answer. You simply wanted to put in your pathetic crap about finding god and used this thread as a prop, without answering my question. If you can't see the ridicule behind the idea of soul existence, please do make something up, it wouldn't be such a big issue, the whole bible is made up anyway.
Big Grin
(June 5, 2012 at 5:45 pm)Bravo Wrote:
(June 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm)Drich Wrote: To which you were provide an answer.

"I don't know" is not an answer. You simply wanted to put in your pathetic crap about finding god and used this thread as a prop, without answering my question. If you can't see the ridicule behind the idea of soul existence, please do make something up, it wouldn't be such a big issue, the whole bible is made up anyway.
Big Grin you guys are kinda all predictable with your answers.. I beat you to the punch and made something up on the first part of post number 7.
Quote:How is this: We are all created in heaven first and we take a test and depending on how we test we are given a soul assignment. we are placed in this world according to our strengths and weakness, coupled with our effective reach or ablity to serve God.

That actually make more sense than most of the nonsense spouted about "souls." Too bad you just made it up but it does show how easy it is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution/creation video Drich 62 9514 January 15, 2020 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The universe is just one enormous 'Soul Filtering machine' Simon Moon 76 13269 September 29, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  I lost my Soul GoneGuy 212 30432 August 5, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5976 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Tower of Bible and creation of languages mcolafson 41 6096 September 22, 2016 at 9:33 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creation Muesum Blondie 225 35166 October 31, 2015 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Biblical Creation and the Geological Record in Juxtaposition Rhondazvous 11 3858 June 7, 2015 at 7:42 am
Last Post: dyresand
  What does the (hypothetical) soul take with it? emjay 37 8308 April 14, 2015 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Creation/evolution3 Drich 626 140176 February 10, 2015 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Creation "science" at its finest! Esquilax 22 7499 January 30, 2015 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Strongbad