Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 9:27 am

Poll: When do you plan to Convert to Christanity?
This poll is closed.
Soon
10.64%
5 10.64%
Waiting a little longer
2.13%
1 2.13%
Still not decided
8.51%
4 8.51%
Never
78.72%
37 78.72%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you plan to Convert to Christanity?
RE: When do you plan to Convert to Christanity?
Could, perhaps, we talk about the subject at hand? As much as I enjoy an argumentum ad hominem, there are surely important topics to address.
I dunno, these guys are really selling me on the whole conversion thing. When I grow up, I want to be exactly like that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Re: RE: When do you plan to Convert to Christanity?
Topics may wander as they will question mark. What is so important about the op anyway?
(February 2, 2013 at 5:48 pm)catfish Wrote: I'm sorry, I thought I did. I'll think it louder this time.

Better?
Ugh. I give up.
Well, you know, I know truth isn't everyone's prerogative, but this particular thread here asked me when I was going to convert to christianity, and I want to know the reasoning for why I would ever do that so that I can make a rational decision as to whether or not I should do so.
Not that expect to get the answer to life, the universe, and everything off of an internet forum, but one or two tid-bits of information was the whole reason I came here. A clue, a lead, a new idea. Seemed like the place to find something like that.
I know what you mean. After all, this is probably the most important decision anyone can make in their life, the disposition of one's eternal soul and all that. Yet the most compelling arguments in favour of it range from "look at the trees - can't explain that" to "join us or burn". Anyone aged over three need not apply, apparently.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Well, even if god was just like some aspiring artist, and we were just like a sculpture that he'd moved passed or something and so no longer pays attention to us, I'd like to know that. If god were that young girl in the brown dress in my fireplace, I'd like to know if that's true, you know? If there really is a monster made of spaghetti that lives on Mars, that would be hysterical and well as true if it was real, and I would totally like to know about it.
(February 2, 2013 at 6:07 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Topics may wander as they will question mark. What is so important about the op anyway?
(February 2, 2013 at 5:48 pm)catfish Wrote: I'm sorry, I thought I did. I'll think it louder this time.

Better?
Ugh. I give up.

And that is how you debate a fundie...

(I'm still A christian, btw)

(February 2, 2013 at 6:40 pm)Question Mark Wrote: Well, even if god was just like some aspiring artist, and we were just like a sculpture that he'd moved passed or something and so no longer pays attention to us, I'd like to know that. If god were that young girl in the brown dress in my fireplace, I'd like to know if that's true, you know? If there really is a monster made of spaghetti that lives on Mars, that would be hysterical and well as true if it was real, and I would totally like to know about it.

There may be a monster made of spaghetti. But you have to accept the meatballs, eat of the meatballs and drink of the sauce or you do not get desert...
Re: RE: When do you plan to Convert to Christanity?
(February 2, 2013 at 7:17 pm)catfish Wrote: And that is how you debate a fundie...
Thanks for the tip.
(February 2, 2013 at 7:17 pm)catfish Wrote: (I'm still A christian, btw)
Anecdotal. Small 'c' I notice Wink
Heh heh, sexual innuendo. I eateth of the meatballs XD

On that topic though, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but as a christian what are your views on the LGBT community?
Eh, typo... I'm gonna let it stand out of disrespect to you. 'Cause you're such a stickler for rules... (notice how I acknowledged it and didn't deny it?)

(February 2, 2013 at 7:44 pm)Question Mark Wrote: Heh heh, sexual innuendo. I eateth of the meatballs XD

On that topic though, you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but as a christian what are your views on the LGBT community?

Love 'em. As long as they don't try to control my life, I won't try to control theirs...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 3302 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5930 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 69041 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Will God's plan destroy religion? solewatchman 31 8107 April 14, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Joods
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 27264 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  ★★ [4.3 SECOND conversion] ★★: CONVERT religious to atheist, in roughly 4.3 seconds. ProgrammingGodJordan 118 12920 January 18, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  How to convert Christians to atheists in 30 seconds (ironically, using bible) ProgrammingGodJordan 207 25464 December 9, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  What will it take to convert you? Spooky 126 21364 January 1, 2015 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Liberals plan to purge "Christians" Silver 16 4150 April 22, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  How to convert an atheist Cyberman 113 24716 March 28, 2014 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Chas