Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 1:23 am

Poll: When do you plan to Convert to Christanity?
This poll is closed.
Soon
10.64%
5 10.64%
Waiting a little longer
2.13%
1 2.13%
Still not decided
8.51%
4 8.51%
Never
78.72%
37 78.72%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you plan to Convert to Christanity?
RE: When do you plan to Convert to Christanity?
CHristianity equally as any old testament religion may it be islam judaism and later on other dominions of Christianity are trying to adapt century by century to the society created by western free thinkers. Christianity especially have been prosecuting these free thinkers for almost 2 000 years and when It failed to provide sufficient evidence for growing intellectual populous it started to adapt everything that fitted the creationist myth and excluded everything that did not (sadly almost 99.9% ) And WHEN there was growing evidence to disprove religion entirely and the existence of god that it stated that science is about physical and religion about metaphysical and you cant mix those 2 together 500 years ago when you said the earth is not the centre of the universe youve been stoned tortured and many times killed When you add up the amount of people that died because of religion and prosecution for secular beliefs you would cry So christianity has no moral values neither any religion if it is able to kill a human being because he believes in otherwise There are many more points and examples i could provide but i think i might have made my point. MY point here is when you operate on tumor make sure you get rid of all of it otherwise it will grow bigger and more vicious than before.
John 5:44
How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
(February 3, 2013 at 9:03 am)catfish Wrote: John 5:44
How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

I've always wondered. whats with the extra full stop at the end of your posts?
(February 3, 2013 at 9:01 am)Jergus Baca Wrote: CHristianity equally as any old testament religion may it be islam judaism and later on other dominions of Christianity are trying to adapt century by century to the society created by western free thinkers. Christianity especially have been prosecuting these free thinkers for almost 2 000 years and when It failed to provide sufficient evidence for growing intellectual populous it started to adapt everything that fitted the creationist myth and excluded everything that did not (sadly almost 99.9% ) And WHEN there was growing evidence to disprove religion entirely and the existence of god that it stated that science is about physical and religion about metaphysical and you cant mix those 2 together 500 years ago when you said the earth is not the centre of the universe youve been stoned tortured and many times killed When you add up the amount of people that died because of religion and prosecution for secular beliefs you would cry So christianity has no moral values neither any religion if it is able to kill a human being because he believes in otherwise There are many more points and examples i could provide but i think i might have made my point. MY point here is when you operate on tumor make sure you get rid of all of it otherwise it will grow bigger and more vicious than before.

You failed to read the bible I suppose.
You are speaking of men's deeds, not a religion's.

Here is something I believe most of us would agree upon...

James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Quote:You can't mix paganism and Chritianity and still call it Chistianity.

Really? Because the Catholics so have. And they uphold the Nicene Creed
to a fault.

One can be a Christian and see the effect society has had on their religion, and it doesn't discredit their beliefs. Even Christians with a big C.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
To give a space away from my signature... look at this, it's too friggen close!
(February 3, 2013 at 7:52 am)catfish Wrote: Thank you missluckie. Kiss

(February 3, 2013 at 9:00 am)catfish Wrote: I don't desire glory and honor from men. They obviously don't read the bible or they would agree with that sentiment.

Hehe Devil
(February 3, 2013 at 9:07 am)catfish Wrote: James 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Looks like gibberish to me.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(February 3, 2013 at 9:07 am)missluckie26 Wrote:

to a fault.

One can be a Christian and see the effect society has had on their religion, and it doesn't discredit their beliefs. Even Christians with a big C.

But I'm not going around accusing Catholics of NOT being Christian no matter what my thoughts are....

Catholicism does NOT = Christianity
Catholics = Christians
Ya get me?

(February 3, 2013 at 9:08 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(February 3, 2013 at 9:07 am)catfish Wrote: James 1:27

Looks like gibberish to me.

That was in English.
Would you prefer it in Gibberish next time?
(February 3, 2013 at 9:07 am)missluckie26 Wrote:

to a fault.

Paganism/ animism/ basic beliefs influenced Christianity greatly.

I don't think that was the point being made though. Christianity can cross over with paganism, as it does with every other belief. Atheists often accept the golden rule for example.

Though wait, I would agree that Catholics do mix in paganistic ideas. I believe those practices to be mistaken, and anti christian. I would still accept that Catholics are Christian though. A perfect mirror of Christ is the aim. No one makes that aim. they just try at it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does anyone convert to Islam? FrustratedFool 28 3299 September 6, 2023 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 5927 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 69034 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Will God's plan destroy religion? solewatchman 31 8107 April 14, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Joods
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 27247 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth
  ★★ [4.3 SECOND conversion] ★★: CONVERT religious to atheist, in roughly 4.3 seconds. ProgrammingGodJordan 118 12918 January 18, 2017 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  How to convert Christians to atheists in 30 seconds (ironically, using bible) ProgrammingGodJordan 207 25456 December 9, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  What will it take to convert you? Spooky 126 21361 January 1, 2015 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Liberals plan to purge "Christians" Silver 16 4150 April 22, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  How to convert an atheist Cyberman 113 24714 March 28, 2014 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Chas