Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 8:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toaster strudel alliance takes on drugs, atheists and liberalism
RE: Ecstasy
(March 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Let's give the guy some credit Cinj, he's a fair bit more eloquent than most christians we get on here.

alright. I'll give him some credit. He's not quite as dumb as Jesus. Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

Atheists mock religion as a tool to keep their rank and file stirred up and their hearts free from any still lingering sense of obligation to Christian ethics. They used non rational persuasion techniques in order to command adherance to beliefs that they themselves typically have no direct experience of.

For the atheist, mocking and ridicule is the great weapon that can be used against the reason of the theologians. Atheists don't typically deal with Christian theologians or philosophers, however, they would prefer to focus on the mistakes of the fundamentalist movement makes, and when they do deal with theologians and philosophers, it is usually more done through ridicule (see William Lane Craig) and group think propaganda exercises than actually engaging the arguments.

The ratio of mocking to legitimate arguments in atheist circles tends to be 3 to 1 or 2 to 1. For the atheist, the way to prove ones intellectual courage is to demonstrate, in the company of other atheists, that the person has no problem with disrespecting God. Instead of rebuking this sort of petty attitude, older and wiser atheists shrug it off, turn their eye, knowing that the greatest weapon the atheist have isn't disciplined reasoning or love (as the Christian church has taught) but is relying on the psychological mechanisms of respect and peoples sense of sanctity and rely on sexual images to try and remove any remaining hindrance to acceptance of religious belief.

The atheist is truly a thinker, par excellence.
Ah, the Christian vegetable babbles forth again.

Hark, a moron!
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I don't know many adults that when you talk about something serious, they just mock you. You are, everyday, showing the world the fruit of atheism. This is what it looks like, everyone, it looks like this thread. Not very glorious.
(March 11, 2013 at 11:39 pm)jstrodel Wrote: I don't know many adults that when you talk about something serious, they just mock you.

I think that anyone who is mocking you is only doing so because rational discourse proved futile. I won't mock you, but I'm pretty sure that is why they are.

And...just throwing this out there, but your bad experiences with atheists (or were they Satanists?) as a kid is not enough to demonstrate that atheists in general are like the druggies you used to hang out with. You got in with a bad crowd; don't box us in with them. And I know you are almost exclusively basing your bias off of this because you never use the same statistic twice. (30-40%? 60-70% 90%? Which is it? And is it the percent of us who are communists, heavy drug users, or both?)
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
You are posting in the ecstasy thread. There is another thread about DMT. Then there is another thread about Hugo Chavez. There are many threads that refer to liberal or leftist themes.

I did not say that most atheists are Communists, what I said was that Marxism is an extremely heavy influence over the atheist movement. That is true. If you are an honest person, you will care about that.

Ridiculing me will not disprove what is a historical fact: Communism is the only political manifestation of atheism in history, and it is 1/5th of the population, and it is a major influence on atheist thought.

Do you know who Stephen J Gould or Christopher Hitchens are? They are major leaders in the atheist movement. Atheists don't care that they are Marxist. When you add in all the people that are very, very far to the left politically, I think you probably capture 40% of the atheist movement or so. It is true that this is not a scientific statistic, but do you care that many atheist leaders are either Marxists or radical leftists? Even in the case of people like Ayn Rand, you see someone who was not politically to the left but was deeply influenced by Marxists. The whole atheist movement is like this.

Atheism is most definately its own culture, it is a left wing movement, with values and culture and advocacy that would be completely unsurprising for a left wing movement to have.
(March 11, 2013 at 11:11 pm)jstrodel Wrote: Atheists mock religion

Y'see, you're doing it again. What your entire post insinuates is that all atheists have an agenda. Frankly that's bullshit.

Quote:Atheism is most definately its own culture, it is a left wing movement

No, that's secularism.

Seriously, how do you expect a rational conversation when you time and time again come out with this garbage.
napoleon

just wanted to add that your new signiture is awsome
(March 12, 2013 at 7:30 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: just wanted to add that your new signiture is awsome

Thanks to Cinjin for it Big Grin
(March 12, 2013 at 7:28 am)Napoléon Wrote:
(March 11, 2013 at 11:11 pm)jstrodel Wrote: Atheists mock religion

Y'see, you're doing it again. What your entire post insinuates is that all atheists have an agenda. Frankly that's bullshit.

Quote:Atheism is most definately its own culture, it is a left wing movement

No, that's secularism.

Seriously, how do you expect a rational conversation when you time and time again come out with this garbage.

You may have your own definition of atheism, but I think atheism is when people eat ice cream and they they have a warm feeling inside of their mouth and they think to themselves "I like icecream".

Therefore, all atheists are icecream eaters, because the definition of an atheist is someone who likes that warm feeling of ice cream in their mouth.

This basically issustrates the sort of epistemology you people have. You think that you can arbitrarily define words to include whatever and whatever the words want and then reason with the words that have the same signification as other words, but if you use the old signification with your new meaning, you can LOGICALLY PROVE Christians are idiots who define their concepts using some other method.

This proves that atheism is what you consider it to be, based on an argument from authority to yourself of what atheism is. Incidentally, this carries about as much weight as dictionary definition. If you want to understand the world, grow up, don't look in a dictionary, think for yourself. Test the power of language to describe different social forces and carry in its value system good philosophy. Of course that is what atheists are doing when they argue over the definition of atheism. They are trying to advance their own philosophy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A High Without Drugs... Axis 0 374 February 21, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Axis
  Why isn't there a fight against unhealthy food like is for drugs? NuclearEnergy 22 5822 May 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Isis
  Songs about Drugs/Alcohol! brewer 35 5539 November 27, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Tongue Republican Wants to Ban Halloween:Sucking on Satans Candy Leads to Liberalism Pretzel Logic 26 6767 October 31, 2013 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Speaking of drugs... Heir Apparent 17 3022 September 29, 2013 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Heir Apparent
Shocked Pipes & Bongs for smoking drugs are now Illegal in Florida (starting July 1st) Big Blue Sky 7 3551 June 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  5 year old takes on homophobes! Brian37 14 4646 June 18, 2013 at 9:35 am
Last Post: John V
  Arguments for the prohibition of drugs Grockel 39 10518 March 5, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: jstrodel
  Education, drugs, guns. 5thHorseman 4 1913 July 27, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Quadriplegic hunter wins legal fight, takes aim Rhizomorph13 5 3296 December 11, 2009 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Meatball