Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Education, drugs, guns.
Education, drugs, guns.
So, i'm sat here in my boxers watching an unelected pensioner get hero worshipped for being born into the correct family, and i'm thinking about guns, drugs and all other things that people think about.

I was wondering peoples thoughts about solutions to problems and education on the topics. In my pink mush popped up what seemed like a decent answer. Education, for example; being taught about the dangers of guns(innocent passers by, going off in holster etc) and the consequences. Drug use, addiction problems, side effects and the cost of it on the communities who make it(eg, colombia) and the end user communities. Maybe using graphic imagery on teens to show what happens.

Could many problems be lessened (as obv it'll never go away completely) by just educating people at school age? btw I'm pretty sure i wasn't educated on drugs when i was at school.

Not narrowing this to drugs and firearms either, add other things you can think of.
RE: Education, drugs, guns.
I don't agree with your suggestion with the drugs. If you want people to rely less on drugs, they need to be taught about natural highs and our society needs to value them. Shock value will do about as much for drugs as it does sex education.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Well, I'm still in school and at the start of every school year we are lectured on the bad effects of cigs and drugs, however that doesn't help - most of my class are smokers (cigarettes, don't know for weed) and i myself have smoked at a certain time.
At some point, the girls are gathered up and educated on the Pre Menstrual Syndrome (a.k.a PMS) and having sex at a too young age.

In my honest opinion, getting educated on this stuff has not helped my generation a lot, but it has had a (very) small effect. However, it's good for general knowledge.
We still haven't had a lecture on guns, though.
You mean, things like D.A.R.E.? Didn't work.

Firearm safety courses are mandatory for entry to any decent managed game preserve (and are often included on-site as part of the cost and experience) Obviously, you can find plenty of places to buy and fire a weapon that don't give a shit.

If there were no drugs, people would likely spin around in circles and beat their heads against rocks to get a buzz. If you eliminated firearms entirely (yes I know you arent suggesting this, but this would be the most effective form of prevention for gun violence -if only it could be accomplished-) people would beat each other over the head with those same rocks. I think we may be dealing with two very easy scapegoats for our persistent inner demons when we talk about gun violence and drugs.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Legalize and educate. Prohibition doesn't work; it never works. People who want guns and drugs will get them, so make them get them through a proper market. Drugs made by proper companies will be safer; guns made by companies can be properly regulated. Educate from an early age, and educate often.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Economics and medicine in general education Macoleco 13 1211 June 13, 2019 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Wow , I have finally reached the last semester of my education :) Megabullshit 14 1667 April 15, 2019 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Megabullshit
  What Was Your Sex Education Like? Jade-Green Stone 30 2742 October 21, 2018 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Linda Brown of Brown v. Board of Education died (76) Cecelia 2 567 March 27, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A High Without Drugs... Axis 0 321 February 21, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Axis
  Why isn't there a fight against unhealthy food like is for drugs? NuclearEnergy 22 5369 May 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Isis
  Ban guns? Brick-top 22 7966 November 20, 2016 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Education and crime Macoleco 6 1166 October 31, 2016 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Songs about Drugs/Alcohol! brewer 35 4889 November 27, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Levels of Education rexbeccarox 108 13085 November 13, 2014 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Alex K