Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toaster strudel alliance takes on drugs, atheists and liberalism
Toaster strudel alliance takes on drugs, atheists and liberalism
Damn, and the atheists always tell us we should live in reality. Seems like you guys spend your spare time trying to escape it.
RE: Ecstasy
(March 6, 2013 at 7:43 pm)John V Wrote: Damn, and the atheists always tell us we should live in reality. Seems like you guys spend your spare time trying to escape it.

?????????

When it comes to politics, science and certain other importent aspects of sociaty I prefer realism!

When it comes to my private entertainment there is nothing better to do than decapetating a bunch of falmers in some ugly dungeon with a northic waraxe in skyrim after combining painkillers with some bongheads and booze.
(March 6, 2013 at 7:43 pm)John V Wrote: Damn, and the atheists always tell us we should live in reality. Seems like you guys spend your spare time trying to escape it.

Well, mushrooms are real, ecstasy is real, and what they do to your noggin is just a pharmaceutical trick, so it isn't like you have left reality. I don't believe you can leave reality except by dying*.

*Void where prohibited, dualists need not pay any attention, this opinion is Rhizo's alone and does not express the views and opinions of the website in general. Reality may be a coruscating mass of different levels of reality that we can acheive by amassing or releasing astral substance, but, by voodoo I tells ya that would still be part of reality OR not real in which case hallucinatory which IS reality while the experience is NOT.
Rhizo, my friend, you owe me a beer and a keyboard.
I have taken ecstasy and noticed that I would get depressed after I took it. I had a very serious bout of depression that lasted longer than a year which I think was very likely linked to ecstasy.

MDMA is a very dangerous drug. It seriously destabilizes people emotionally. I have known many people who have taken MDMA and had some sort of psychological problems afterwards. Also, most of the people that take it in the context of the club scene get into harder drugs like cocaine or meth or mix it with hallucinogens.

I have almost died using drugs. I got into things that I never thought I would. I have sold hard drugs, bought cocaine to sell. I have stolen things from people. I never thought I would do things like that. I used to drive into the ghetto looking for people to buy heroin from, once a did a bundle with a homeless guy. I have been arrested. I have been hospitalized from drug overdoses. I started off as a 15 year old geeky kid going on dance safe and all those drug websites, going to raves, talking to people about God was a creation of the state to express the interests of the state or whatever. I could write 100 pages off the top of my head about drugs, what the risks are, how to make them, etc. It didn't stop me from becoming a drug addict and almost dying.

I would say that harm reduction stuff is a bunch of crap. You are playing Russian roulette. If you know people that are seriously into drugs, they are screwed up people. If you get out of it maybe you can get lucky, but, whatever you read on those sites, it is all based on people doing things in the optimum conditions. If you test your pills. If you don't mix drugs. Etc. Try living like that when you start getting into it. No one really does drugs like that who is really into drugs.

I wish you the best and I hope you don't die. A friend of mine just did, from heroin, not MDMA. I never thought I'd start doing heroin, but I did, and really, I got to the harder stuff though MDMA and the rave scene.
Correlation =/= causation

When it comes to the harder drugs, well, duh, dumbass. Wink
Most people out there into ecstasy are into coke and/or meth. I challenge you to find people that are seriously into ecstasy that don't do those drugs. Of course you can say I will just try it, what if you like it? I won't say it doesn't feel good, the comedown hurts a lot more sometimes than the high. I've had comedowns that have seemed to turn into long term depressive episodes.

You can say I'm a dumbass and I should just control myself, but many others have expressed those sentiments, read about drugs, got into it and started getting really into it. Because you can read erowid or whatever does not protect you from the dangers of using drugs.
Um, me. I never touched meth or coke.

I was kidding when I said you were a dumbass, but seriously, those drugs have well documented problems. Everyone knows to stay away from meth, coke, heroin and some other shit. It's a given.
All the ravers I know experiment with psychedelics, hallucinogens.

Meth and Coke are STIMULANTS.

Why would a scene defined by psychs and hallucinogens dive into powerful stimulants?

The classes of drugs, experiences don't match with the characteristics of the subcultures.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 7, 2013 at 2:41 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: All the ravers I know experiment with psychedelics, hallucinogens.

Meth and Coke are STIMULANTS.

Why would a scene defined by psychs and hallucinogens dive into powerful stimulants?

The classes of drugs, experiences don't match with the characteristics of the subcultures.

The people start off with psychedelics and hallucinogens but the people who are really into it get into other stuff. There is a difference between going to a rave here and there and experimenting with acid or ecstasy and actually being a raver.

The people that go regularly usually are into other stuff. The rave scene is a gateway into hard drugs, if you want to get into more stuff, you will.

Lots of people that start off with ecstasy and acid end up with heroin and crack. I have seen it a lot of times.

A lot of think they are smart ravers with their pill testing kits and all that, but they will get into it just like everyone else. Doesn't matter how smart you are. Drugs are dangerous.

If you don't believe me, find people that are really into them and have been into them for 20 years. They are screwed up people. Alchohol too.

If you think you can choose to stay at an immature level of drug abuse and avoid a more mature level abuse, I would urge you to consider this, because I have counseled a lot of drug addicts and recovered from addiction myself: it is hard to control drug use. Even drugs that aren't consider physically addictive can have life controlling aspects to them.

If you know people who have been in the rave scene for more than a few years, ask them about it. Ask them what kind of drugs they have done. Maybe they are straightedge. If they are not, they will probably say, all of them. That would be true for most of the people I used to hang out with, and I didn't hang out with a bunch of guys from the ghetto, I hung out with people that were computer programmers, rich kids, geeks, people into music and stuff like that.

You get older you will see your friends start getting into hard drugs, no matter how firmly you promised your self you would stop at weed or mushrooms or whatever. And you will see crazy stuff, the deeper you go, the crazier it gets.

Why not just make a solemn resolution: "I am only going to drink" or "I am only going to smoke weed"? It is all bad for you. I think it makes a big difference though. When you start experimenting with that other crap, I know the effects it had on me, there is no limit.

You get deeper into the rave scene, you will see the coke, the serious dealers, the crazy stuff, prostitution, serious criminals who look like a bunch of computer geeks. The lifestyle is real. I have two friends of mine who are in jail now (one prison), one person is dead (not all from rave scene). I have seen violence, gun raids, stories of rapes, etc. It is there if you look for it, a really bad scene.

Just smoke weed and drink if you have to, that is my two cents. I wouldn't even do that, it is all bad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A High Without Drugs... Axis 0 321 February 21, 2018 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Axis
  Why isn't there a fight against unhealthy food like is for drugs? NuclearEnergy 22 5370 May 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Isis
  Songs about Drugs/Alcohol! brewer 35 4895 November 27, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Tongue Republican Wants to Ban Halloween:Sucking on Satans Candy Leads to Liberalism Pretzel Logic 26 6145 October 31, 2013 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Speaking of drugs... Heir Apparent 17 2812 September 29, 2013 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Heir Apparent
Shocked Pipes & Bongs for smoking drugs are now Illegal in Florida (starting July 1st) Big Blue Sky 7 3395 June 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  5 year old takes on homophobes! Brian37 14 4415 June 18, 2013 at 9:35 am
Last Post: John V
  Arguments for the prohibition of drugs Grockel 39 9813 March 5, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: jstrodel
  Education, drugs, guns. 5thHorseman 4 1817 July 27, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Quadriplegic hunter wins legal fight, takes aim Rhizomorph13 5 3164 December 11, 2009 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Meatball