Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 5, 2024, 3:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Daily quotes
RE: Daily quotes
Quote:The various forms of worship, which prevailed in the Roman world, were all considered by people to be equally true, by the philosopher equally false, and by the magistrate as equally useful.

-Edward Gibbon, Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
Quote:"Again, if God, like Jupiter in the comedy, should, on awaking from a lengthened slumber, desire to rescue the human race from evil, why did He send this Spirit of which you speak into one corner (of the earth)? He ought to have breathed it alike into many bodies, and have sent them out into all the world. Now the comic poet, to cause laughter in the theatre, wrote that Jupiter, after awakening, despatched Mercury to the Athenians and Lacedaemonians; but do not you think that you have made the Son of God more ridiculous in sending Him to the Jews?"...

Celsus, 2d century dissing xtians
Quote:The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes

Quote:What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.

Quote:Anyone can deal with victory. Only the mighty can bear defeat.

Quote:The art of reading consists in remembering the essentials and forgetting non essentials.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Quote:“The Gods have proclaimed Christ to have been most pious, but the Christians are a confused and vicious sect.”
― Porphyry
Quote:“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”
-Elie Wiesel
Quote:How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, “This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant?” Instead they say, “No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.” A religion, old or new, that stressed the magnificence of the Universe as revealed by modern science might be able to draw forth reserves of reverence and awe hardly tapped by the conventional faiths.
-- Carl Sagan
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
“What gods are there, what gods have there ever been, that were not from man’s imagination?”
— Joseph Campbell
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:"I think they ought to be treated equally. Period."
-Jimmy Carter, in 2002, responding to a question he was asked by lesbian columnist Deb Price on whether gay couples should receive equal benefits or not.
I've always thought that underpopulated countries in Africa are vastly under-polluted. - Lawrence Summers, chief economist of the World Bank, explaining why we should export toxic wastes to Third World countries - firmly denied, of course-.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
"I've always thought..."

Biggest lie he ever told, clearly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil Quotes From Evil Bastards The Architect Of Fate 2 483 December 16, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2703 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Your Favorite Religious/ Scriptural Quotes chimp3 37 4221 May 6, 2020 at 11:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Irreverent Quotes vulcanlogician 83 10913 January 27, 2018 at 5:18 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  I was looking at daily birth/death statistics Foxaèr 8 1473 May 27, 2017 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Terrorism daily explodes from my ass Foxaèr 16 1757 October 11, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Star Your favourite Atheist Celebrities Quotes! Zaphod Beeblebrox 20 5793 September 20, 2016 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Quotes taken out of context game. Losty 25 3283 September 3, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Losty
Video Great movie quotes... Aractus 48 5087 February 21, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Converse in movie quotes ApeNotKillApe 2 1111 February 10, 2016 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Athene