Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 10:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity
RE: Trinity
(September 1, 2013 at 12:52 pm)old man Wrote:
(September 1, 2013 at 5:57 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: I stopped reading the moment I saw the word "satanic". I think you know why.

I don't know why, but to enable you to carry on reading to the end I have changed the word “satanic” for “most evil”.

Because to use the word satanic is to say Satan exists. That you haven't shown and it'd be a waste of time to read beyond that. But I'll humour you and break down what you said.

Quote:There are some who see and are saved and there are some who were born to live and die blind and lost,
I think you mean some people become Christians and others don't.
Quote:and there are those most evil souls who see and still seek to corrupt, torment, and destroy what they know is good,
This reminds me of this scientology video my friend showed me. It's in chinese, anyway, so the world is has 2 types of people, according to this video. One that will help you along, another that will try every to stump you. And then it starts teaching you how to stay away from the second type of people.

It may have some sense, but it's overly simplistic. Your model makes less sense but is also overly simplistic. 'Evil' isn't like what you see on disney movies, real evil is complex, and you are part of one of the big evils of this world, religion.
Quote:Their endless need to bury the truth and to see the only proven conveyor of truth,
What do you mean proven conveyor of truth? By what criteria do you determine what is true? Since you keep bringing this up.
Quote:corrupted tormented or destroyed can only bring endless conflict with the self and with others, and endless conflict means endless torment.
Use a dictionary, conflict =/= torment.
Quote:This self-inflicted endless nightmare will forever serve as the ultimate warning to all creation.
What are you talking about? What nightmare?

Quote:After the great tribulation when evil has been allowed to run it's course and reach it's climax on earth, and after the final judgement has been made and the last sentence has been passed, then shall all creation forever know exactly where the road of pride and rebellion leads. No free and perfect mind of reason therefore (as Satan and his followers once had) will ever be so foolish as to travel down what can now be seen as the insane road of pride and rebellion and threaten creation again.

“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love” (1John 4:18).

May those of us then who will be saved, who are being saved and who are saved, soon be made perfect in the Spirit of perfect love.
Ok ... crazy talk.
(September 1, 2013 at 3:58 pm)old man Wrote: There are some who see and are saved and there are some who were born to live and die blind and lost, and there are those satanic souls who want to be damned.

Fuck off - and take your delusions with you.
Old man, if you're going to preach, you need to take your bullshit elsewhere.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(September 1, 2013 at 3:58 pm)old man Wrote: There are some who see and are saved and there are some who were born to live and die blind and lost, and there are those satanic souls who want to be damned.

... and there are those who truly believe that they can fly.

You see Old man, delusional people don't know that they are indeed delusional and will therefore defend their absurd notions to the death of not only themselves but others ... all the while, screaming at the tops of their lungs how right they are and how mislead everyone else is.

No one is EVER going to come floating in the sky calling your name. Millions of people are never going to disappear into thin air at the exact same time. No 7-headed beast is going to rise up and try to rule the earth. There is no god who is going to reward you for this kind of idiocy and you Old Man, are NEVER going to meet a deity named Jesus Christ. It's never going to happen, not in this life or the next.

Like every other primitive whos gods have come and gone - you are a gullible fool.

[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 1, 2013 at 5:25 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: What do you mean proven conveyor of truth?

Only the pure and faithful Spirit that is faithful to love unto death will find no reason to deceive and offend any of us, such is the Spirit that is revealed by the Lord Jesus and by His true followers. This Jesus could not have lied because in His Spirit there can be seen no reason to lie. Recorded history tells us the faithful followers who knew Jesus were in the end prepared to be persecuted to death, even to be tortured to death rather than live a lie and deny what they had witnessed: His commandments and doctrine, the love and wisdom, the miracles, the promises, the crucifixion and the resurrected Jesus Christ. Despite all the efforts of hypocrites, malicious liars and antichrists, the only true and faithful Spirit lives on in all His true followers still. This Spirit is the only proven conveyor of truth because no one can explain an alternative in which we all can trust.

Quote:By what criteria do you determine what is true?

The love given testifies to a man's honesty.
The wisdom he gives testifies to his sanity.

Recorded history according to Matthew 22:34-41 tells us:

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

[As far as I can see, from an atheistic point of view, the nearest equivalent to that commandment would go something like this, “always love and value that which produced you: the human race, above your self and above all things at all costs”]

This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Simple logical deductions show that only by truly valuing these two commandments above all other opposing commands, doctrines, forces and influences that would have us place an inferior value to ourselves on others, shall we ever find no reason to deceive and offend anyone. Simple logical deductions also show that only by truly valuing the man who first gave us these greatest of all commandments, above all other men and gods, shall we seriously value His commandments above all other opposing commands, doctrines, forces and influences also; and only by living always by His commandments shall any of us begin to find no reason to deceive and offend anyone including ourselves.

If however you cannot believe that the world lives by lies and has seduced us, even coerced us at times, into lying and living by lies, then God's greatest commandments and doctrine will, I fear, have no effect on you.
I think someone likes the sound of his own voice.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 5, 2013 at 3:36 pm)old man Wrote: Simple logical deductions show that only by truly valuing these two commandments above all other opposing commands, doctrines, forces and influences that would have us place an inferior value to ourselves on others, shall we ever find no reason to deceive and offend anyone. Simple logical deductions also show that only by truly valuing the man who first gave us these greatest of all commandments, above all other men and gods, shall we seriously value His commandments above all other opposing commands, doctrines, forces and influences also; and only by living always by His commandments shall any of us begin to find no reason to deceive and offend anyone including ourselves.

That entire paragraph is mere greasy sophistry. Lots of big words --- no content.

old man Wrote:If however you cannot believe that the world lives by lies and has seduced us, even coerced us at times, into lying and living by lies, then God's greatest commandments and doctrine will, I fear, have no effect on you.

Ok, pay attention old fool -
The reason why your so-called commandments have no effect on us has nothing to do with the "seduction of the world." There is only one reason that your god's commandments have no effect: You see, we don't live by the words of uneducated goat herders and self-proclaimed prophets of whom didn't even know that they lived on a sphere floating around a star. We have chosen not to accept your chosen deity, the same way we have chosen not to accept the various gods of the rest of the world.

This never works ..... hmmmmm ....
Let me try explaining this another way for the sheep ....

Imagine, one day a man walks out of his house and tells you that the ultimate god of the entire universe has just spoken to him through a cactus on his back porch. He proceeds to tell you that it was not the voice of the god jehovah, but rather the voice of the one true god who created the entire world and all of mankind. You of course tell him that he's very confused and should quite possibly see a mental health physician. This only strengthens the man's resolve to show you the truth about what he has heard from the plant on his porch.

Day after day, month after month, he adamantly tries to convince you that your god jehovah is a false god and that the one true god is going to be very vengeful if you do not convert to his god. The man proceeds to tell you of "miracles" that only he has witnessed and yet still you serve the god that you know to be true. It's 2013 and science disproves all of his so-called miracles and yet still he persists. You become very angry even though you have found that there are now others who have accepted this new god of his.

Ten years have passed, and this neighbor of yours has now created a small religion that swears they serve the one and only true god. All the while you can't believe that anyone would turn away from the religion they were taught from birth. The animosity eventually comes to a head and in a fit of rage his followers kill you and your entire family because their god told them it was the only thing to be done.

That story is absurd - I mean seriously, I know -- it's a ridiculous story.
....And yet you have no problem believing it as long as it happened 2000 years ago and you're the man with the Moses vision and not the Egyptian living next door. You rattle on about commandments and laws from a god who simply replaced some other god and the god before that and before that and so on back to the dawn of man. And what is your great basis for all this? A single solitary book written by dozens of authors, over a span of hundreds of years, half of which can't agree with the others and chocked full of supernatural fairy tales that any outsider would scoff at the same way you scoff at the fairy tales of other religions. Meanwhile, every religion has an old book full of your precious commandments to live by and still the most you can offer us is to simply have faith in the ramblings of desert nomads who's sole accomplishments were sleeping with their own family members and keeping sand out of their buttcracks.

One has to be a complete fucking imbecile not to see this. You are living your pathetic life based on the scribblings of a bunch of nutbags, wannabe prophets, and outright liars who convinced a bunch of other halfwits to kill and be killed for a god that has no more significance or power than the thousands of gods before him.

Anyway -
We don't ignore your god's commandments because the "world has tricked us." We ignore your god's commandments because it's just stupid.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Bravo, Cinj.

Well said.....even though you are wasting your time with this clown.
(September 5, 2013 at 7:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Bravo, Cinj.

Well said.....even though you are wasting your time with this clown.

I would contest that words of reason are never wasted.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
On anyone who would write this:

Quote:Simple logical deductions also show that only by truly valuing the man who first gave us these greatest of all commandments, above all other men and gods, shall we seriously value His commandments

words of reason are wasted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] The Trinity zwanzig 127 8068 January 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Refuting trinity. Mystic 35 5522 April 8, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians GrandizerII 169 18773 February 9, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Trinity and Mary vorlon13 52 14712 May 30, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Lek
  10 apologist mistakes about trinity Mystic 21 4237 April 2, 2016 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: athrock
  Where Did The Trinity Teaching Come From? Alter2Ego 13 4646 March 17, 2014 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  The trinity Drich 246 91121 June 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Where Did the Trinity Teaching Come From? Alter2Ego 80 34179 June 6, 2012 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: parabola
  The trinity. objectivitees 14 3766 October 21, 2011 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Trinity Nonsense DeistPaladin 23 17992 June 21, 2011 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist