Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 2:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do Atheists spend so much time debatng the existence of God?
RE: Why do Atheists spend so much time debatng the existence of God?
(October 2, 2013 at 11:12 am)bladevalant546 Wrote: Brian I disagree....most comic book worlds I wish to be real okay.....super powers are bad ass. (sorry I had to do one ADHD comment.)

I'd like to have the super powers of Super Man too, but like Gods, since they don't exist, I have to accept the real world.

I'd like to travel back and time and switch places with Bjorn from ABBA(who was tapping Agnetha) But I can wish that all I want, ain't gonna happen.

(October 2, 2013 at 11:11 am)Ivy Wrote: I don't spend enough time debating the existence of the god, though my family and friends would disagree. It comes from a place of care and consideration mixed with rage and a sense of wanting to protect my loved ones from ignorance. No, I don't have rage against the god, since he is to me as Santa is to you. I have rage against bigotry, arrogance (like when people pray for the hungry instead of feeding them), guilt trip showers, and slavery to a hoax. Contrary to what people think, much of the time atheists invest in this, whatever that amount of time might be, is related to care. If we didn't care, we would not mind it while the world continues to drool over bird poop in a cone.

Well, in my case, anyway.

In short, because I care.

Right, it would be like having a family member or friend who claimed the following.

Them, "The New York Yankees won the Superbowl"

You, "Bullshit, they play baseball, completely different sport"

Them, "Why wont you let me believe the Yankees won the Superbowl"

You, "Because it is simply not true, just like the earth is not flat"

Them, "YOU HATE ME"

You, "No I don't hate you, but keep acting like a childish brat in the face of facts and I will hate you".

Like you said, you cant hate a fictional character. But you would hate it if you had a friend or family member claiming things that are simply not true. And like you, I do care, because these people who have these delusions affect politics globally and have their hands on weapons that could kill me, so damned right I care.
Quote:Why do Atheists spend so much time debatng the existence of God?

Because morons - look in a mirror - keep coming here dropping their jesus shit on our carpet.

What makes you think that you have anything new to add? You are just the same old tired shit as all of your ilk.

Go blow jesus out your ass.
(October 2, 2013 at 11:26 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Why do Atheists spend so much time debatng the existence of God?

Because morons - look in a mirror - keep coming here dropping their jesus shit on our carpet.

What makes you think that you have anything new to add? You are just the same old tired shit that all of your ilk.

Go blow jesus out your ass.

BLASPHEMER! "Poof" babies exist!
I think the troll ran off.
Are you serious?!? Do these theists not realize that these forums are called atheistforums.com? How come every stupid question asked by a theist that's directed toward non-theists can be flipped toward them? The world does not revolve around you and your petty childish superstitions and primitive way of thinking. grow up
I love it when people get angry. It gives me chills.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
did I use too many adjectives? I could fill in some more, lol
(October 2, 2013 at 11:53 am)Ivy Wrote: I love it when people get angry. It gives me chills.

And they're multiplying.

Y'know, I think I might like to engage this guy on some of the crap he's vomited, but I simply cannot be arsed to pick my way through those mangled quotes just to find the occasional bit of corn.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 2, 2013 at 11:53 am)Ivy Wrote: I love it when people get angry. It gives me chills.

Angry yes, but I also get equally angry when they equate my blasphemy to being "militant".

No, "militant" is when you get violent or use government to silence skeptics or blasphemers. "Militant" is when you blow up abortion clinics, shoot abortion doctors or slam planes into buildings.

Merely saying "bullshit" only means the one offended was offended.
My brother in law says I take it a step too far. I think he hopes for a pat on the back. All I do it speak. And yes, he says I'm a militant atheist.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists how much do you hate God? Authari 139 7855 June 12, 2024 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Dr. Bill Craig's Debates: Why do Atheists lose/run away from debating him? Nishant Xavier 123 8780 August 6, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2346 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 11503 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  How much pain can atheists withstand ? The End of Atheism 290 20263 May 13, 2023 at 4:22 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6925 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1148 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 54776 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 17912 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2983 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal