Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 8:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most important reason anyone is an atheist
RE: The most important reason anyone is a atheist
(October 8, 2013 at 3:34 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: If you're comparing God as in the eternal creator to Zeus a created being then...

STOP! Stop right there! And fuck off.

You are a nutter.

ROFLOL
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(October 20, 2013 at 12:19 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: You believe the universe was just magically proofed into existence because your sky daddy had some gullible louts write it in a book. Take their word for it eh?

It would magically poof into existence for no reason if God didn't exist.

[Image: atheismmakessense.jpg]

Though once the Big Bang was set into motion we can explain how and what was formed through perfectly engineered physical laws.
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.
Does everything need a reason?
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(October 20, 2013 at 1:30 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: Does everything need a reason?

If you don't want it to be "magic" it does.
Define "magic"?

(October 20, 2013 at 12:12 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: You don't believe the word of the gospels and I don't believe the word of Richard Dawkin's, Sam Harris or whoever, at least when it comes to their stance on God. Ultimately you take on trust what you consider to be the words of authority.

And again, you tell others what they believe. The sheer arrogance you display is remarkable.

(October 20, 2013 at 12:12 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: So you need an ego to even dare challenge the atheistic claims and assumptions? I think that says it all.

Your reading comprehension is so low that I am forced to conclude you dropped out of school in the third grade.

No, you need an ego to behave like the condescending asshole that you are.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 20, 2013 at 1:28 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote:
(October 20, 2013 at 12:19 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: You believe the universe was just magically proofed into existence because your sky daddy had some gullible louts write it in a book. Take their word for it eh?

It would magically poof into existence for no reason if God didn't exist.

[Image: atheismmakessense.jpg]

Though once the Big Bang was set into motion we can explain how and what was formed through perfectly engineered physical laws.
......Really, and since when has a scientist ever said there was nothing before the big bang? None.
Now i suggest you watch this and maybe learn something

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(October 20, 2013 at 1:36 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: Define "magic"?

I'd define it the same way atheists use to disparage the belief in God in this case.

(October 20, 2013 at 1:48 pm)Faith No More Wrote: And again, you tell others what they believe.

You don't believe in God?

The sheer arrogance you display is remarkable.[/quote]

Arrogance to claim that atheists don't believe in God? But I thought that was the idea of atheism? Undecided

Quote:Your reading comprehension is so low that I am forced to conclude you dropped out of school in the third grade.

Or it could be you're talking nonsense? I know atheists don't believe in God so I'm trying to challenge this mistaken. If you don't want to defend this belief/ideology of your then don't bother.

Quote:No, you need an ego to behave like the condescending asshole that you are.

You're the one being condescending and calling me names I'm not doing that to you. Ad hominen attack much? It just means you have no real argument worth talking about if you resort to that.

(October 20, 2013 at 2:21 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: ......Really, and since when has a scientist ever said there was nothing before the big bang? None.

There wasn't a before the big bang , God hadn't created time itself yet.

Facepalm
(October 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote:
(October 20, 2013 at 1:36 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: Define "magic"?

I'd define it the same way atheists use to disparage the belief in God in this case.

(October 20, 2013 at 1:48 pm)Faith No More Wrote: And again, you tell others what they believe.

You don't believe in God?

The sheer arrogance you display is remarkable.

Arrogance to claim that atheists don't believe in God? But I thought that was the idea of atheism? Undecided

Quote:Your reading comprehension is so low that I am forced to conclude you dropped out of school in the third grade.

Or it could be you're talking nonsense? I know atheists don't believe in God so I'm trying to challenge this mistaken. If you don't want to defend this belief/ideology of your then don't bother.

Quote:No, you need an ego to behave like the condescending asshole that you are.

You're the one being condescending and calling me names I'm not doing that to you. Ad hominen attack much? It just means you have no real argument worth talking about if you resort to that.

(October 20, 2013 at 2:21 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: ......Really, and since when has a scientist ever said there was nothing before the big bang? None.

There wasn't a before the big bang , God hadn't created time itself yet.

[/quote]

And can't seem to understand that discussing the state before the big runs into a failing of the English language as it relies on temperol states of past present and future. I thought a Anglican would understand English guess I was wrong. Now as I understand the big band there was a state prior to the big bang, but I what to you ( and forgive the failing of language here) to cite a respected scientist talking about the state of nothing prior to the big bang. I also see you made the assertion that god created time. Back that up. And you still have to define magic
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about Dawkins enemies of reason documentary Quill01 3 595 April 17, 2022 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  The reason religion is so powerful Macoleco 344 29134 June 30, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 11718 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 7459 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another Reason Christians are Dangerous Rhondazvous 49 8778 February 5, 2017 at 8:55 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Important theological question for creationists Alex K 2 737 November 27, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Atheists Have the Most Logical Reason for being Moral Rhondazvous 24 7864 January 22, 2016 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  The only important reason I'm more powerful than god. Silver 5 2099 November 13, 2015 at 4:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The reason humans believe drfuzzy 31 6589 October 10, 2015 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Atheism is the absence of reason.. Vault Boy 49 12135 August 6, 2015 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist