Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 7:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(December 4, 2013 at 11:28 pm)snowtracks Wrote: Creation can only happen at a point in time. Time doesn't exist outside of the universe. Therefore, it is impossible for a god to use magic to create the universe if time doesn't exist outside of it. God's power and magic are the same thing.

========================================
The U. had a beginning, an undisputed scientific fact. Since time began with the U. The U. didn't cause itself, it's an effect.
the 2 principles of cause and effect are: cause always proceeds effect and the cause is always greater than the effect.

the U. is dimensional (4), time is one.

Terrible argument.

How can cause proceed effect without time?

If time is a part of the universe it isn't possible to talk about "before" the universe, only outside of it.

If there is time outside of the universe then it may not work in the same way as it does within the universe. It may be possible that effect happens before or concurrently with cause - we simply do not know.

Further- if you are going to bring causality into the discussion then you have to address what God's material cause was for the creation of the universe. In your case you have God as the efficient cause but there would have to be a material cause. We have no examples of efficient cause without a material cause (although we do have examples of the reverse - material cause without efficient cause).

If God created the universe from nothing then that is outside of causality as we understand it and citing causality in your argument undermines your position that God did it.

Finally - please explain how the cause is greater than the effect in the following case:

I fire a small amount of Uranium 235 into a larger amount such that the total exceeds Uranium's critical mass and Nagasaki is destroyed.

The energy put into the firing is less than 1000th of 1% of the result.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
How can cause proceed effect without time?

[/quote]

God has access to at least two dim's, one being the cosmic timeline. another (or time equivalent) before the U. would be implied since the the Casual Agent would be existing prior the U.. our time is only universal, not before.

(December 5, 2013 at 1:48 am)Michael Schubert Wrote:
(December 4, 2013 at 9:09 pm)snowtracks Wrote:

space-time theorems says space and time began.-----authors hocking, ellis, not bible. these theorems are an extension of general relativity.

Yeah, your ignorance of science is pretty strong. Where are your sources? Once again, you're making the God of the Gaps Fallacy, where you simply look at unanswered questions and say "well, materialist explanations don't seem to me to work, so my God did it". Faith cannot be measured by the Scientific Method, and Gods did not create humans. Humans created Gods in fiction.

i gave you the source. your gap thing is getting old.

you need not reveal where the evidence is hidden like maybe in a cave somewhere, but can't you just let us have a sneak preview before you announce it at a world convention or something.
okay forget the evidence. let's drop down to an idea, any ideas out there. you know just to get thing going...
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
Tell you what, why don't you show us how it's done; let's have a sneak preview at just one piece of evidence that "God" has access to these 'time dimensions' of yours or anything else you've been claiming. You know, just to get things going.

After that, I might be persuaded to share my evidence for the things you've asked. Come on - you show me yours and I'll show you mine.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 5, 2013 at 3:51 am)Stimbo Wrote: Come on - you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

rraaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!1!

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 5, 2013 at 3:09 am)snowtracks Wrote:
Quote:How can cause proceed effect without time?

God has access to at least two dim's, one being the cosmic timeline. another (or time equivalent) before the U. would be implied since the the Casual Agent would be existing prior the U.. our time is only universal, not before.

How do you know this?
What are the differences between the 2 time dimensions?
How do you know that the cosmic timeline works in the same way as ours does?
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(December 3, 2013 at 11:20 pm)snowtracks Wrote: stamp is used whenever your subconscious says 'do something, in a hurry'.

It's also used when "poster has failed to provide any sort of evidence to back up their assertions".
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
And I see now that Snowtracks has given up responding to my counter-points, he's gone back to making shit up. A classic Christian and Muslim apologetic tradition if there ever one.

[Image: reword-it.jpg]
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
I honestly can't believe this thread has lasted as long as it has.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(December 5, 2013 at 3:09 am)snowtracks Wrote: How can cause proceed effect without time?

(December 5, 2013 at 1:48 am)Michael Schubert Wrote: Yeah, your ignorance of science is pretty strong. Where are your sources? Once again, you're making the God of the Gaps Fallacy, where you simply look at unanswered questions and say "well, materialist explanations don't seem to me to work, so my God did it". Faith cannot be measured by the Scientific Method, and Gods did not create humans. Humans created Gods in fiction.

[/quote]

So is your bad grammar. Your God has no manifested material qualities, so you can't prove he/she/it/they exist(s) and uses magic to create life.

Listen to Tracie's Fallacy Model and you'll see everything that you're doing wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvftq2yst...7&index=14
(December 5, 2013 at 3:09 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(December 5, 2013 at 3:39 pm)Michael Schubert Wrote: How can cause proceed effect without time?

Quote:
Quote:
(December 5, 2013 at 1:48 am)Michael Schubert Wrote: Yeah, your ignorance of science is pretty strong. Where are your sources? Once again, you're making the God of the Gaps Fallacy, where you simply look at unanswered questions and say "well, materialist explanations don't seem to me to work, so my God did it". Faith cannot be measured by the Scientific Method, and Gods did not create humans. Humans created Gods in fiction.

So is your bad grammar. Your God has no manifested material qualities, so you can't prove he/she/it/they exist(s) and uses magic to create life.

Listen to Tracie's Fallacy Model and you'll see everything that you're doing wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvftq2yst...7&index=14

hey, i'm not looking at your recommended videos, you need to man up and explain them yourself.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 3193 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1726 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4683 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 3510 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 11364 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1983 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 16241 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 7228 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 10918 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 20669 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer