Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 8:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A small thanks to the resident Theists..
RE: A small thanks to the resident Theists..
(March 1, 2014 at 3:16 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Perhaps perfection is the built in flaw.

[Image: Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 28, 2014 at 11:24 pm)Luckie Wrote:
(February 28, 2014 at 3:15 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Salvation isn't a delayed promise, it's immediate. Your sins are forgiven. Passed over as if you didn't do them. Now. This minute. Immediately. You are no longer separated from God : in Hell, dead. Not dead in the future. Dead now this minute, as a result of your separation. "Life eternal" is immediate, and momentary. If it wasn't how is it possible to sin after being saved, ...."Sin" also being separated from God? How it it possible to lose salvation, To no longer believe? Hell/ death/ separation from God/ punishment are an immediate result of sin. Life/ salvation/ forgiveness of sin are likewise immediate.

The bible is inspired by God. It isn't written by God. It's Gods word. It is potentially errant, bit this far not proven to be errant. No one on this forum or anywhere else has ever successfully challenged it. It would be a lie to say they had.

"Eternal" it's an inaccurate translation of the source. It is more accurately translated as "a very long time". "God will bring all things to himself". Death cannot defeat God.

So that's why the priests feel free to do whatever they want to little boys. They were saved. Immediately. Anything they do from then on, is just .... covered in Christs' blood.
Is that what you're saying Fr0d0? That any sins anyone makes after accepting Jesus as the son of god as a sacrifice for sins, are non-sins? Don't matter? They'll still get to go to heaven?

Just wanted to make sure you were ignoring me and didn't just miss my reply
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(March 1, 2014 at 2:50 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Yes, you are sick by your own imperfection > needy of God. That's how it works.

Indeed, that's how it works - in much the same way that your being infested by microscopic space pixies does. And it just so happens I can sell you the cure.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 1, 2014 at 4:24 am)Esquilax Wrote: You would need to have a cogent point to see at all, Frods. You don't.

Another one of Fr0d0's ridiculous beliefs is that simply asserting that he has won a debate enough times will actually win him the debate.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 1, 2014 at 8:39 pm)Luckie Wrote:
(February 28, 2014 at 11:24 pm)Luckie Wrote: So that's why the priests feel free to do whatever they want to little boys. They were saved. Immediately. Anything they do from then on, is just .... covered in Christs' blood.
Is that what you're saying Fr0d0? That any sins anyone makes after accepting Jesus as the son of god as a sacrifice for sins, are non-sins? Don't matter? They'll still get to go to heaven?

Just wanted to make sure you were ignoring me and didn't just miss my reply

I'm so sorry Missy I did miss that! Here I was waiting patiently for it!

It is absolutely not the case that a psychopath could claim forgiveness and then do anything bad and be forgiven. I think that must be in frost gods realm. As soon as you do bad you separate yourself from God. Hell is yours, until you can reconcile yourself again.

Unlike in this world, ultimate justice cannot be fooled.

(March 1, 2014 at 8:40 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(March 1, 2014 at 2:50 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Yes, you are sick by your own imperfection > needy of God. That's how it works.

Indeed, that's how it works - in much the same way that your being infested by microscopic space pixies does. And it just so happens I can sell you the cure.

That's funny as we're talking about actual ailnesses. Maybe you've lost the ability to tell the difference.
(March 1, 2014 at 9:32 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: That's funny as we're talking about actual ailnesses. Maybe you've lost the ability to tell the difference.

... Ailments. Dodgy

More importantly, are we talking about actual ailments, or ones from the bizarre fantasy world that you're drawing your god from?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Weird autocorrect.

Real ailments, mental and physical.
Ah, osas vs nosas. Grand old chestnut.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Autocorrect doesn't correct to fake words...unless what you're doing is bemoaning autocorrect for not fixing your mistake. Tongue
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
I have yet to see clear Biblical evidence for your version of hell, fr0d0. I've presented my case for the fiery eternal hell.

Have you gone to each of the verses I quoted and made sure they said aeonian? Secondly, does it even matter if its finite or infinite brimstone? I don't think so.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 818 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Made in God’s image. Yuk. Not me thanks. Greatest I am 20 3172 July 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Dear Resident Theists Longhorn 271 64525 September 8, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Blind boy thanks he favourite deity for making him blind ReptilianPeon 12 3488 August 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 5031 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8501 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Um…Thanks (I think?) BrokenQuill92 7 1955 January 14, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Small wonder God/Allah/Vishnu 'has many faces' Rokcet Scientist 2 1451 September 21, 2011 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  A small gem.. Kayenneh 1 1081 May 25, 2011 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Rayaan
  thanks, god. bozo 88 27139 April 16, 2009 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki